Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Obeast posted:

That pink one of 8-bit Arino playing a game is so :3:...

Speaking of which, did 8-bit Arino ever appear on the show outside of the intro to the US trip episode?

There are clearly too many colors at once to be 8-bit. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Chief posted:

Game Center SEX? Finally.

I want it to be that a very, very, regular amount.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I actually asked about how to clear the karaoke part on romhacking.net as soon as I heard, and the hacker answered me with this:

KingMike from romhacking.net posted:

Use what I'm calling the "silent input" mode.
Press Down+A on controller 2 right before the karaoke segment, then attempt to push A on controller 2 to the beat of the song. I guess. I'm not sure if that's what I was doing or I got lucky and passed it.

So I guess that's how?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Bocc Kob posted:

I want to see Arino and an AD team up and play Toejam & Earl.

This would probably be the best thing ever.

Especially if they got into the music.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Cat was insanely lucky, usually it would have ran away by like the third turn at best.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Man that last level was such a dick.

Anyway while we're mentioning trackers to consider using, how about http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php ?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
And to confuse things further I'll vote Sword of Musashi, as I wanna see the Korea games!

All of these sound like good ones to me though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

softcorps posted:

pics of Arino's youth years...

Someone needs to track down some tunes by his band.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If they only translate the best episodes, we'd eventually get to some point where all the new episodes were (comparatively) lame ones.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Any word on a method for us to watch the live event yet?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I was asking in a "so we can work it out in advance" sort of way. A countdown would indeed be helpful if possible.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 24, 2012

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, I completely forgot about that place. But my browser remembered my account! :woop:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Fax info:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The followup question would be "someone is capturing this right?". The freshverse one is pretty decent looking.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Horii did the DQ level up theme at the start of his birthday message, awesome.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Your secret identity is now blown! Amazing work as always though, and it's excellent to see them being so accepting of the international fanbase in general. I imagine at least someone on staff is going "how the hell are they even watching?", but they're letting everyone know we are anyway.

They should just start getting you do do art for every event.

edit: forgot to mention, the flag icons = brilliant.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like I missed some good stuff, went to bed partway through stage 8. Replay looks like it's just starting...I hope they cut out a couple hours of Light Plane or something cuz drat that went on forever.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 25, 2012

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The preview video is an interesting curiosity. Reminds me of a similar short animation made for promoting Valis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TE_g94Jp7g

Thanks for subbing and distributing it, stuff like that is often lost/forgotten to time. Also, the music takes me back to playing Namco X Capcom, as it would play every time a scene focused on characters from that game (which was fairly often).

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The comments don't seem to know if it's supposed to end like that either, so no clue.

I'm pretty sure that Sunsoft now owns everything Telenet made, it'd be nice if they'd package the games together and sell it on a disc or something. Or maybe make a new one on XBLA etc, preferably one that pretends it's still the 90s and has all the old anime design intact.

There was somewhat recent cellphone game that looked kind of nice...whoa, when the hell did this happen?

"Mugen Senshi Valis Complete Plus - Legend Of A Fantasm Soldier:
2011 (24.11): PC CD ROM Windows (98/XP compatible Vista & 7)"

Wow, I need to look into this!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There are drivers to use the Steel Battalion controller on a PC. Someday I intend to try using it to play Saints Row.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This is a pretty crazy announcement. Like the kind that you actually have real trouble believing because normally DVD companies don't know what the gently caress they are doing and would never do anything nearly this cool.

zari-gani boxart would indeed be amazing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Oh I know a good one of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbopCNq-AUM

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

:smug: or :pervert: ?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sweet William posted:

In the Japanese version it's Ralph Belmont. :chord:

Belmondo :japan:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I've got a cart of Heiankyo Alien, am I cool now?

It came in a lot I bought at a garage sale, along with various football and wrestling games weirdly enough.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Undoubtedly he'd have her work at the seedy bar or cabaret or whatever they called in that game.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it's just me but...

:v:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah just before the guy was all "very original" I was already sarcastically saying "sooo original Arino". Why am I getting bad Japanese mascot jokes better than actual Japanese people?

Hell my main reason for knowing of the guy is silly youtube videos.

Another reasons goons may find them familiar is an old meme.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Did I hear Arino mention Cat's Eye when talking about the OL trio, by the way?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That was pretty much what I was expecting was going on, thanks for the info!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes I almost want to get some friends together and do our own low budget batsu game.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

redmercer posted:

I only know Matsumoto from Absolutely Tasty but I like his style. He's kind of the Moe figure of the group. (To not be confused with moe)

As good as he is in those, he's even better in a lot of his other work. Just youtube "downtown matsumoto" or something and spend hours enjoying his comedic stylings.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Obeast posted:

Next season, Arino will play nothing but games that never saw the light of day in Japan (like StarTropics) and you'll be the AD for that season since you're fluent in both English and Japanese?

That would be endlessly awesome.

Much like the DVD cover. It's nice to see a company actually embrace their "how are they watching this?" fanbase on some level for a change.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

rdbbb posted:

Not to diminish the awesomeness because I do agree, but it also probably helps a bit that zari is a talented professional. What are they gonna do, put me on the box?

:smith:

They should totally make you into a sprite character on the show, after all you've done for it in the US. Honestly without the stuff you did I doubt most of the English-speaking fans would know of it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah normally a quiz episode would be the highlight of the day (and it is a good one!), but drat that Downtown thing was worth the wait. They pretty much could not have found more perfect costumes for Downtown.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but being beat up by Hamada is a sign of "making it" in the business, so you could probably chart Arino's popularity and after that segment there will be a huge spike.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Arino certainly did seem like he was better at actually acting friendly. But yeah, you're right that they were definitely in their comedic roles the whole time too. So many layers etc.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Kibe's Gameboy collection is pretty bad for that segment, if you ask me. It seems like most of the games he has are parts of a series that has color versions already. Donkey Kong for the Gameboy is literally the game they made to show off the Super Gameboy's colorization powers! Segment is still funny, but I think it'd be a lot more interesting and the concept would carry more weight if they actually brought out weird Gameboy exclusives. Maybe I'm just being :spergin: here.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Which is also why they hate posting and viewing high res images. :arghfist::mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wasn't really looking forward to watching Pilotwings as I stayed up and watched most of that live version from awhile back, but wow, did he somehow get a different set of stages or something? I totally don't remember seeing the snow stage during the live at all, and I remember hours and hours on some nighttime military stage...maybe I just can't remember it because of the duration of the same stuff while I was half asleep.