Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

xamphear posted:

I'd just like to point out that what cost $199 in 1991 would cost $315 today. $315 for a single game cartridge. Wow.

A single game cartridge full of broken, unplayable games, no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

rdbbb posted:

I don't know which is crueler to Arino, making him play Battletoads or photoshopping his face onto a Battletoad.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
At first, I wanted to say Mega Man. That train episode, however, looks and sounds too good to wait on, so I would propose Go! By Train be next.

rdbbb posted:

Here's a reaction image for no real reason:

Arino has a real "Joel Hodgson" quality to him. I'll bet they could switch jobs and do just fine.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
When Arino pulled that model train out of his pocket, I had flashbacks to Money Train, of all things.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Opendork posted:

Mostly because I am incredibly stupid and never thought to just stand next to him when I played.

Yeah, that was a very humbling moment in that episode, looking back at all of the trouble I had with that boss and realizing I was just standing in the wrong spot all that time.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
This is my favorite one of these.

zari-gani posted:

About the "Dance Now!" game (which yes, features Lina Inverse on the cover for some reason),

Slayers was incredibly huge in its time (AKA the 90's).

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
You guys are releasing episodes faster than I can keep up with, and I can't thank you enough for that.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The Pilotwings episode was like mainlining pure nostalgia for me. I spent countless hours playing this game back in the day, so watching Arino play through one of my favorite early SNES games made my day. It also made me feel slightly cocky that I remember being better at landing on the moving platforms and at the helicopter levels than Arino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Is there some law that says every small business in Japan must have a metal slug?

From my experiences, I think that law extends to every single country in the world.