Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
God, it's been a long while since I reared my ugly head 'round these parts. I've been on a Skyrim binge for so long it was difficult to make enough mental real estate for anything else. I even missed when you guys posted the episode I requested, hahahaha (I already managed to watch it. It came out great!).

Anyway, incredible OP for an awesome new thread. The list of episodes with links was expected, but it's fantastic that you included a profile for everyone in the show. Team SAGCCX is great as always, so I hope this thread hits it off even bigger than the last one. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a rather impressive backlog to work through and only so many hours left in the weekend...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I want to play Skyrim so bad, but I have way too much work to do before my vacation so I purposely haven't bought it yet. I know I'll get sucked into it and I can't afford to. I should be able to start in January and then you won't see me for two months. I only hope I can make my character as freakish looking as my Oblivion character.

You might be a little disappointed. I haven't messed around with the character sliders too much, but there seems to be more emphasis on pre-set facial features and the sliders seem a bit toned down compared to Oblivion. Then again I tend not to mess with stuff like that too much so I could very well be completely wrong. But if I'm not, there's always Dark Souls you can turn to for freakish character needs.

Also I envy your foresight. Skyrim took up so much of my attention that I took a look at my school schedule and realized that finals are coming up in less than two weeks. I think I need to seriously consider a change in hobbies if I ever want to have a career, haha.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
Perfect timing! Just what I needed to help push myself through Finals Week. You guys are great!

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Horrible writing skills and lack of creativity, making it impossible for them to accurately describe how a game actually plays. Same reason every Yakuza game is reviewed as some sort of GTA clone eventhough the only thing they have in common is gangsters.

Edit: Cant wait for Yakuza Dead Souls to get reviewed as 'GTA meets Dead Rising!'

Isn't Yakuza: Dead Souls even a bit different than the normal Yakuza games? Like a bit more third-person shooter-y? Of the two offshoot games I'm still a little disappointed that they chose Dead Souls over Gaiden, but I guess in America that Zombies > Samurai. I'm still gonna eat it up, though.

This post was my meandering, off-topic sorta way of saying "Great job again, guys! Thanks for the episodes that only now I've been able to watch since finals are completely over! Yay!"

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Linnear posted:

...I ...I really want to try that cartoon meat. It was my dream, as a child. Eventually I grew up, as all children must, and settled for steak, but the dream never really went away.

Although it does look a little too easy to bite into. I think one should struggle with it a little more, really sink their teeth in and wrest the meat from the bone.

I dunno. It looked really appetizing until he pulled the cheese out of it. It might just be me, but having a ton of cheese cooked into the meat wouldn't taste all that good. I guess it depends on the meat - I couldn't tell from the video.

That Battletoads Arino image is the stuff made of nightmares. I can't wait.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Bovineicide posted:

Uh... isn't the Japanese version supposed to be pretty easy compared to the one the rest of the world got?

This is Battletoads we're talking about - when people say the Japanese version is easier, they mean that it's relatively easier. Arino still has his work cut out for him. :)

To finish up this food derail:
I guess "meat to cheese" ratio is the magic variable here. When it's right it's really good, but more often than not it was like someone wrapped meat over a cheese wheel and was kinda gross. I'm probably biased by the fact that I don't go to very good restaurants, hahaha. V:shobon:V

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Here's some photos of it and photos of the restaurant.

That actually looks kinda interesting. Kinda like Joe's Crab Shack with food I actually want to eat (no offense meant to people who like seafood). Are they also somewhat One Piece themed or is that flag just a marketing-driven knock off to draw people in?

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
All that stuff is really drat awesome! I can kinda find my signature on Inoko MAX's shirt, but it ended up being just a jumbled mess of blue because of a combination of his blue pen running out of ink and his shirt somehow getting wrinkled and pushed together, despite him putting a folder or something underneath it. Oh well.

Anyway, it's beyond great that the thread has left its mark in a pretty big way. Let's see if we can take it further (reasonably, of course) next time!

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh god, is it possible to somehow put Battletoads in the priority line for subbing? I know nothing else from the past two seasons has even been TOUCHED yet, but I absolutely have to understand everything Arino is saying as Battletoads takes him behind a shed. I'm getting a decent bit of it (Robin's the real Japanese master on my little translation team), but I know I'm missing some of the comedy, agony, and confluence of the two.

I'm 100% with you on this. Battletoads is practically apart of our goddamn blood, so us Americans share a special connection with the leyline of pain and agony Arino is facing. But he's only barely touched it - he's never had to endure the true horror that is the Battletoads Cartoon.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Haruharuharuko posted:

Yoga Fiya!

I'm pretty sure we're all waiting with baited breath that in about fifteen years when he plays Street Fighter 4 we get to watch him win with Lariat spam instead.

Oooooryaaa!

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
gently caress, this is the last time I go to sleep ever. I miss the most amazing goddamn things.

Congratulations to all you lucky goons who managed to get a fax posted on that big wall! And a double-congrats to Zari-Gani for that awesome birthday illustration for Arino! It kicks a lot of rear end!

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Guess who Discotek Media is hiring to re-translate all the episodes.

:j:

Oh wow, this is fantastic news! Congrats!

...It wouldn't be too much trouble to send your super-awesome-bestest-bro-who-helped-land-you-this-sweet-gig a free copy or ten, would it? :v:

In all seriousness, consider my copy as good as sold whenever the pre-order rears its head. Depending on the timing (and pricing), I may have to buy a few more. I don't want to corner myself into making a promise that I might not be able to keep, but seeing as the only talent I seem to bring to this thread is wanton spending of cash I wouldn't mind doing so again for the greater good.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Oh Jetpack Postman, you'll always have a special place in my heart :allears: Seriously though, I know you were joking but I wouldn't mind getting you a copy since you played a big role.

That's very kind! It certainly would be very appreciated, but don't fret if it's not in the cards. I'm certainly more than happy to wait in line along with everyone else. :)

Also holy poo poo new episode. You guys continue to be really damned awesome. I'll try to remember to keep my own seed going so I can keep the downloads speedy.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Wendell posted:

Okay, but how many people in this thread have worn cooling pads?

Not ones for my head, but I remember stocking up on a number of large ones for my poor, abused wrists back in the day when Guitar Hero was a new, unique game for the Playstation 2. Looking back, those things are amazing and I'm surprised I haven't gone back to using them.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
Thanks a lot for all your hard work, rdbbb! While your guide wasn't why I got into GCCX, it certainly was a root cause - I don't even think there'd be a topic on these forums if your episode guide didn't inform some of us that this show existed and that certainly counts for a lot. I understand your reasons for stopping, but I think the most important thing to take away is that the time and effort you put into it was certainly very worthwhile. Also, sorry again that I didn't recognize you so I could say hi when Arino came down to LA - oh well, perhaps next time!

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Prince of Persia I liked, for Kid Kool it just seemed painful. All Arino could do if he didn't make it in time was reset. :smith:

Yeah, I felt the same way about it. I'm all about the intricate plans and breakdowns that Arino and Co. come up with to beat a time crunch, but the requirements for Kid Kool were just way too strict. It almost made me wish that breaking out the Game Genie was an option for them in this instance.