Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Ineffiable posted:

Isn't it obvious?

Metal Wolf Chaos.

This guy knows what's up.

I just finished up my work for the week so I'm going to kick back and watch all these GCCX episodes I've downloaded. Thanks again for your hard work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

If it's the batsu I think it is, the camera is at such an angle that you can't see Matsumoto's junk but can still see that he's not wearing any underwear.

On that note, everyone should watch 24-hour endurance tag. :v:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

There're a few people who sub batsu games. The most recent subbed game was No Laughing Airport, which is last year's game. You can find a bunch of subbed games at Gakifiles. Some things require explanations, but if you're viewing subs by Shibata Bread or e-Chie, they provide links to supplementary material instead of putting it on the video itself. Watch a few of the full batsu games and come discuss them with us in the Japanese TV thread, which is 95% Gaki, 4% other hilarious things, and 1% drama shows.

I recommend starting with No Laughing High School or 24-hour Endurance Tag.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Corridor posted:

They're willing to physically beat each other and squash their genitals in each other's faces but talking outside of work is awkward :psyduck:

Downtown, Matsumoto especially, are professionals first. They're friends outside of work, but as far as I know, Hamada's a family man and Matsumoto is just naturally reclusive when not working.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I think the term is kusoge.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Enjoy a Berry posted:

I ran into arino at awa

does he post here? I feel like his picture got posted last year too :yoshi:

I've looked all over for that guy while I've been down in Atlanta and I haven't seen him once.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

So I know this was a while back and it's only tangentially related to GCCX, but whatever happened to the Retro Game Masters thread where we set up challenges to complete every few days? Did it just sort of peter out, or was it closed for some other reason?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Obeast posted:

It more or less died due to lack of interest. I remember someone tried to start a side-RGM thing in that thread for computer games, but that was around the time everyone lost interest and it never really went anywhere. I was actually thinking about starting a new one not too long ago since it was a cool idea.

Oh, well okay then. I had got to thinking about starting up a new one myself and just wasn't sure why the previous one ceased. I've got nothing to do today, so if there were any interest, I'd be more than willing to put together an OP for one.

e:

Katana Gomai posted:

That thread suffered from spergs doing every "challenge" that was planned to run a couple of weeks in a day and then making up new ones since they were bored; all of a sudden you had four running at the same time and no one was talking about the same thing.

Basically, it was a good example why GCCX would never work on Youtube or SA or with anyone that's not Arino.

Ouch. That sucks to hear. I was only around for the first little while that thread was going and eventually lost track of it so I didn't know it got like that.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 17, 2012

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I will absolutely keep that in mind. Guess I'll go get to work on an OP and check back in after I've got something more substantial.

Just for reference, does anyone have a link to that thread? I'd just like to be able to reference it while I'm puzzling this together.

e: Found it!

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 17, 2012

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Well that's excellent because I've already got the first challenge in mind. I'm debating on whether or not to have a "Hall of fame" of sorts where we keep track of people who complete challenges, with people who complete more of them. It'd be neat to showcase how many people beat a challenge, but I don't want to encourage people to just gun through them like there's no tomorrow. I might just have a section in the second post with links to each challenge and stats on how many people tried and how many people succeeded.

Thoughts?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Thread is live! I'm pretty excited about running this, and can't wait to see how many people participate.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 17, 2012

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Well it's no fun if it's not a challenge!

Bart vs. The Space Mutants was loving bullshit, though.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I see what looks like oranges, pears, cherries, and pineapple. That thing is more fruit than cake. :v:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

You gotta believe that I'm voting for Donkey Kong Country!

^YOU! :argh:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

So I went to order the DVD today and it turns out that Amazon is sold out. Does anyone have any experience ordering directly from Discotek? If I can get it from them relatively soon, that'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Zain posted:

Let's not forget you can miss one and can't get it again if you clear that stage. If I'm remembering correctly.

Nope. You can get all 53 gems without having to worry about missing one.

...I actually went back and played all the way through Mischief Makers to check. :v:

I don't care though, it's my favorite N64 game, hands down.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 10, 2013