Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

I did some poking around last night, but only found 640x360 30fps versions of the Battletoads episodes. I'll do some more digging over the weekend.

The Japanese just don't put the care and attention into their TV stealing like we do. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Arino on your phone! Sort of. Triotos I mean TRIOTS (ahem) from RGC2 is on iTunes now. (I think they're doing an Android version too?)

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

Re: Live broadcast: When exactly is that going down and do you think they'd be excited to get a fax from Germany if I try really hard with what little knowledge of functional Japanese I have? :3:

Friday at 6PM Japan time. Adjust that for Germany...
e: Oh, apparently they're doing a pre-show a few hours before?

Keep in mind they're doing it because Arino is turning 40, so surely a lot of faxes will include birthday greetings.

Random Stranger posted:

I think they'll flip out if they get faxes from around the world.
They didn't even acknowledge mine. :( (to be fair, it was sent right after a look-at-the-faxes segment and was about Punch-Out because it was prepared before knowing they'd be doing Lemmings.)

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 21, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Not officially, but I always poke around livestream sites.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Jiminy Christmas. http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Fickle Fascination posted:

Plus, you've since met Arino in person and actually been featured on the show. That's got to take the sting out of it a little, right?

Yes, I wasn't seriously lamenting it.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Also JaJaMaru (Maru's Mission) and Qix!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Here's a video of the full Swapnote, complete with sound bite.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Egregious posted:

I'd actually like to see a segment where Arino plays one of the 3D Classics games on 3DS (even though we wouldn't see them in 3D, for better or worse). There haven't been many. I only have Excitebike but if you preorder Kid Icarus: Uprising you get a code for the 3D Classics NES game.

He did. Excitebike and Xevious, as eShop/Nintendo Channel videos. I only have the TV commercials to show you easily though.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

Any word on a method for us to watch the live event yet?

You'll just have to wait until it's on.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

keeping my eye on this guy too since he updated his status with it

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Yay screens! keep it up (since I'm not in a good setup for it)

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Fax is 03-5500-1550
http://www.howtocallabroad.com/japan/

(hopefully this won't be posted 500 times at once)

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Yes. glad he's skipping through a little bit since he needed to complete the Expert stages anyway.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

at least there's no shortage of old segments to kill time!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Nickoten posted:

Did anyone get a screenshot of the directions for downloading the song?

Unfortunately it doesn't matter unless you're in Japan with a Japanese cell phone. maybe it'll show up ripped later on.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Here's what you CAN get with an iPhone right now though!!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gemusentacx-gao-wei-shannobori/id498874764?mt=8
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gemusentacx-kugure-tsu!/id498873848?mt=8

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

techknight posted:

Haha yesss, I still have 900 yen in my japanese itunes account!

Naw man, it's everywhere (or at least the US)

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

schuhart posted:

Those iphone games look interesting, are they any good Ray?
Just found them and haven't tried yet, but probably not. they look like ports of the Japanese cell phone ones, so don't expect Retro Game Challenge or anything.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

well I'll be darned

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

If by "soon" you mean 9 AM, then yes.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Since the last hour and a half or so I believe?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

Are they still doing faxes? I just woke up and I want in on this.

Taking them throughout the show, but only had a couple of fax segments.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

opened one boxed presents; the couple of others were the video hints. Yeah, these live shows almost never go as planned.

Lock posted:

Tried to send a fax from a convenience store here, but apparently they're still getting slammed as of half an hour ago. I got a busy error at least 5 times before giving up.

e: faxzero doesn't seem to be working any more either..."At the request of the receiver, faxes cannot be sent to 0355001550."

haha jesus, I imagine people must be sending all sorts of angry-sounding Pilotwings hints

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Higher-res

http://tvde.web.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/jlab-dat/k/s/dat1330096218904.jpg
http://tvde.web.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/jlab-dat/k/s/dat1330096227729.jpg

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

dear lord

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

I laughed when they cut to that. It's like they really will just leave them standing there.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

well it's all done and I've officially been up for 24 hours, you can send the medal of valor to the usual address, thank you

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

And hey look, Nakayama has a third facial expression! http://lockerz.com/s/186702193

Late thanks to freshverse. You guy(s) have my endorsement, doubly so if you do run for office.

Late congrats to the foreign faxers who got featured. I was honestly a touch doubtful they'd acknowledge them, but was genuinely surprised!

Late proper congrats to zari for being awesome, and specifically, out-self-referencing the show in one swift motion, holy heck

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 25, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Haywood Japwnme posted:

What is this 1UP segment you guys are talking about? Is it in the OP?

Long: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/16416
Short: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/16419

Warning: embarrassing

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I like to keep my hobby life separate from my professional life so no. (I was hoping to stay anonymous here until the GCCX in USA thing came up and I decided I can't afford to lose out on the opportunity to draw something for them for the sake of anonymity.) I find it interesting that I'm never asked how I'm actually able to see the shows. They probably already know I'm (and all the other overseas fans are) watching them online. Ray, were you asked how you watch the show when they interviewed you?

Nope. I talked with Ms. Ito from Bandai Namco there and she asked how I first saw the show, presuming it was YouTube, and I said yeah, but that wasn't on camera of course.

I liked when people were thinking of sending messages to the staff saying they hate the Kotaku version and that the fansubs are better and that's why they love the show, as if that would endear us to them and they would fix everything and love us forever. I think they're fine just knowing there's foreign fans without knowing how the proverbial sausage is made.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Here's a Vita start screen I made based on the castle sprites that were posted here a little while ago. It's pretty simple/sparse/imperfect, but I think it gets the job done. I did include the throne & candleabras originally, but then you were peeling away all but the top of the throne, which looked weird.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Controllers have almost never been region-specific.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Pretty crazy!* At least it addresses one of the key gripes.

*Not that anything related to this show in the past year hasn't been crazy

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Cemetry Gator posted:

Next, a lot of segments make use of licensed music, which means they would have to negotiate the use of music for the DVD segments, and this can be tricky and expensive, especially for a foreign release of a cult TV show.

I should say that even the Japanese DVDs replace the licensed music with generic stuff.

And now's a good time for this...

Cemetry Gator posted:

Finally, the American company can only release what they are given. Fuji just isn't selling the unedited episodes, which means that in America, you just have to make due with what you got.

... to maybe finally be accepted. The quicker people do, the sooner we can get back to discussing fat jokes enjoying the show.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

ETA: Is there a list of episodes on the DVDs somewhere? Wikipedia has an incomplete list, but doesn't give episode numbers, just a list of titles.

Well, that's because they're just jumbles of challenges and TamaGes.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Is it just you, zari, or RS too? Or more? Either way: YAAAYYYY AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I don't want to step on any toes or talk about things that may have changed since I spoke with him but I did come away from the meeting confident that they're going to do what they can to make this the best GCCX release possible.

I just want the fold-out board game.