Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
After watching a couple of episodes with cartridge-based games, I was wondering what would happen when Arino did his "Kachou... ON!" with a disc-based one.

I got my answer with episode #42 - "Hatenas' Adventure Quest".

"Kachou... ON!"

"What happened?"

"I opened the disc cover."

:3:

Then I watched episode #44 - "Bio Miracle" and he sang/stretched out "Kachou... ON!" while the game loaded. :3:

Have there been any other memorable "Kachou... ON!" moments than these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

retromonk posted:

I'm so upset. The hard drive that I had - as far as I know - every translated episode of GCCX up to and including the latest Super Mario Kart episode has just given up the ghost, and while I'm going to try to recover the data, I'm fearing the worst.

:negative:

I feel your pain. I had a portable external hard drive die a couple of months ago, and it had nearly every translated episode of GCCX on it.

Attempts at recovery have not gone well so far.

:smith: :hf: :smith:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I watched the Pokemon special and the Super Mario 64 episodes over the last few days and I was left with a question after finishing them.

Does Arino ever get a prize from one of those Happy Clown machines? He came so close only to be foiled by time running out or the ball getting stuck.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

He still hasn't even in season 16.

Thanks. His true arch-nemesis is the Happy Clown machine, not birds or dragons.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

TemporalParadox posted:

Feel free to make suggestions for alternatives on the facebook page everyone, they seem to actively be looking for input and a stronger support shown on there could potentially help them to leverage deals in the future.

On that note, at least stop by and give it a like if you haven't already.

I am seriously considering getting a Facebook account just to "like" the official Game Center CX page on Facebook. (And the SAGCCX page, of course.)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I watched the Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem challenge last night and I really loved it when Arino turned around in his chair to try and keep playing after a character had died. Wireless controllers and the Chief are a great combination. :3:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

What an awesome gif, zari-gani. I can hear Arino singing "Kibe" in my head with it. :allears:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

My copy of the soundtrack arrived yesterday. Was there ever an English translation of the track listing posted anywhere?

(My trading card was Watanabe, btw.)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

(Track listing)

(I got Arino myself)

Thank you!

I'd love to see a Clash at Demonhead challenge. Too bad it's not on the Virtual Console. I have memories of grinding in it when I was a kid. :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Bloodplay it again posted:

I can't read Japanese, but it looks like a crawdad named Nancy-chan (???) has been taken in for questioning. Wondering if Kibe was the intended target. :(

The crawdad named Nancy-chan could be a Yakuza 7 reference. There's a substory called "Crawfish Caper Quest" where Ichiban accidentally loses a homeless man's crawdad named Nancy, and you have to find her. It ends with Ichiban saving Nancy from being eaten and then you can summon Nancy and her felow crawdads to help in battle. Nancy-chan is a good girl and I believe in her innocence. :colbert:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Nancy is the name of one of the "characters" in GCCX lore (played by a female staff member).

I stand corrected. :sweatdrop:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

joem83 posted:

I downloaded the new torrent a couple days ago and got excellent speeds. I'm currently uploading all of the episodes to my mega account, so for those of you that are having trouble downloading the torrent... just hold tight. It should be done uploading tomorrow.

Thank you for your service for those of us who are having trouble/can't torrent. :patriot:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Check out all the sweet GCCX merch SpaceCoyotl got from the show recently, including stuff she helped design:

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1633964604488560641?s=20

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

makere posted:

Is one of the T-shirt designs by zari-gani? Picture is too tiny to figure out, but it sort of looks like her art.

She talked about it a little on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1701752855286395252

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1701753156185772335

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1701755721522860216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

joem83 posted:

I went ahead and re-uploaded my collection to Mega.

https://mega.nz/#P!AgDa3lQQAtnjIUlm5FgKF71JDkEEzUSCrmvwWPoiv2JS8m2qxgtc3bWgIGzOElgEHRbMIcI6c0VbeDauyG-8g7GT7kV4ncTFuLoIKpKT1R5WKfviIYqY0Q

PW: Fj02147-&fd8

I might be missing a couple of the specials, and some will need to have their metadata manually edited, but this is more or less the complete collection of episodes (translated and untranslated) named in the appropriate Plex format. Enjoy!

Wow, thank you so much for this!