Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Can someone translate the challenges for each game he does in the Retro Game Challenge video.

Edit: Was his challenge to beat each of the games?

joek0 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Obeast posted:

I'm going by what I saw and I think these were the challenges. I'm still watching it when I posted this, but I will update the post as I keep watching unless someone who either knows Japanese well enough to translate them and/or already watched it posts a list.

1) Warp to and complete stage 64 (the final stage) in Cosmic Gate
2) Find the hidden Arino head/king in Haggleman 1
3) Complete the first race in Rally King without taking damage
4) Get the 1.5 million (I guess the 150 thing is how they say 1.5 million in Japan?) point bonus in Area 4 of Star Prince
5) Finish the last three in-game challenges of Rally King SP for Abe (who seems to suck at the game)
6) Doing some weird trick regarding going through the exit of each stage with a few seconds left in Haggleman 2 (I have no idea what this one does)
7) Find and defeat the hidden Demon Arino boss in Guadia Quest (with underleveled characters)
8) Complete the third/final stage in Haggleman 3

This was exactly what I was looking for in my post. RandomStranger may have misunderstood my post as I meant to say "Retro Game Challenge". I love both the GCCX DS games, but rarly play the first game as the second game has more fun and more content. The only thing I really go back to play alot in the first game is Haggleman 1+2.

Also, I am still looking for anyone with a copy of the Japanese Strategy Guide for both GCCX DS games. I would love to see scans for the book. But I especially need the Wiz Man Guide translated so I can finish my Wiz Man FAQ on GameFaqs. There is also an awesome Japanese Wiki for both DS games in the link below.

To ZariGani:
Would you translate the Wizman section of the mentioned wiki for me. The only section I really need translated is the section for the gold magical rods and the section on teleporting forward and backward in the levels. Google translate is terrible on this page.

GCCX DS game Wiki:
http://www29.atwiki.jp/ds_gamecenter_cx/pages/1.html

I think this link would be useful to those playing the DS games. Would you post it in the OP.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 4, 2011

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Okay, but my translation will be iffy in some parts because I haven't played too much of Wiz-Man, therefore I don't have a firm grasp on the context.

Floor Skip
- Take the crystals that sometimes light up, 4 in row, to warp to the next floor
- If you die after warping, you'll be returned to the previous floor
- You can do this on the final floor (32) but you'll be returned to the previous floor, even after defeating the final boss

Magical Rod:
- 3 rods can be obtained per stage
- Its attribute is light, and it can defeat enemies of any attribute
* However, white enemies (white wisp, white dragon, white knight [skeleton], white wizard) will require more than one hit
- Upon picking one up, the rods of fire and ice will disappear
- Even if you fulfill the next challenge while the magical rod is dropped, you can't get it (?)
- If you make a mistake while your magical rod is out, you must do the same challenge repeatedly (some floors, like 5 and 13, will not enable you to repeat the challenge so be careful)
- When you clear a stage, the number of magical rods you obtained will be counted toward your title
* Even if you lose one due to a mistake or magic attack, it will count
* When you Continue, the number of rods you obtained will be shown in the ending

Thanks! I was actually looking for locations of all 3 gold rods on some of the 32 levels. If you get a chance to do it, I would be gratful. I will also credit you in my FAQ.

I need the rod locations for levels 9-20, 23-28, 30, and 32.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 4, 2011

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

This got really long so I uploaded my translation here: http://www.text-upload.com/read.php?id=211424&c=1316243

Thanks for the info. My DS is dead am waiting to get a 3DS pretty soon. I will test the locations later. You are great for doing this for me. Hope to see GCCX: ANC2 for DS get a US release.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I just bought the Irem Arcade Hits Colllection from DotEmu for the PC. All the games are great Arcade Classics from the 80's and 90's. The game on the collection I am most wanting to play is Ninja Spirit from season 14. I will watch the raw of the episode where he plays the PC Engine version. I hope that watching Arino will help me play through the game as I heard it is difficult game. Wish me luck.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Arino has faced many difficult challenges in the past, and impaled himself on a great many spike traps. What if the entire game was made of spike traps? Here we will find out in Quest of Ki!!

Zari-gani once again proves shes an android or something and provides the translation, while I once again prove how utterly sexy (in a rugged way) I am by timing it.

Episode 54: Quest of Ki
http://www.multiupload.com/JYFT4XZEFD

Sub file
http://www.multiupload.com/6P5O5GQHWM

I loved this episode when I first heard about the show! I've been waiting for a sub of this episode. This is one of my top 5 challenges. I can't wait for part 2. I wonder if you guys can show and translate 1.5-2 hours of the end of the Quest of Ki Live special. The part I am refering to is the end of stage 98 and the rest of the game.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 13, 2011

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
After I watch Part 2 of Quest of Ki, I will watch the last 2 hours of the Live Challenge to get a proper end to the challenge.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I just watched the last 2 hours of the Quest of Ki Live Special in order to fully end the challenge. Watching him finally beating stage 98 was a relief. I was glad that the last 2 stages were not as difficult as 98. I hope to watch all 7+ hours of stage 98 one day.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Other episodes in my near-future queue: Masked Ninja Hanamaru, Kid Dracula (those two combined with Wagan Land will form the Deceivingly Harmless-Looking Trilogy) Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, JJ and Jeff, Takeshi's Castle (featuring the Family Fun Fitness!), The Licensed Game Fest (a.k.a. The Korea Trip aftermath). Also, the 2-hour long live Takeshi's Challenge challenge (apologies in advance to whoever has to time it).

Glad to see more of whats to come. Glad to see Ninja Hanamaru (Yo Noid) from Capcom. Arino's record with Capcom games is an interesting one. Wagan Land will be fun as well as I want to see more of the 1st AD Takahashi. Arino and Takahashi working together on Yellow Devil in Megaman 1 was a favorite moment of mine. Can't wait to see these.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The raw for episode #132 Battletoads is up on the usual Japanese blog. Link will probably be in the OP soon. Can't wait for some Battletoads fun.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-447.html

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Fishbus posted:

The amount of games I've seen that make you defeat all the friggen bosses again before fighting the final boss can all choke on dicks. Wow, so many do this.

However Arino doesn't seem to complain of them yet. What a chill dude :3:

Have you watched the Megaman episodes. He always forgets about the boss gauntlent in the Wily stages and dreads going through them all the time.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
No new episode this Thursday for GCCX. Episode #132, Battletoads Part 2, will have to wait another 2 weeks. The show will have a New Years Special on Dec 31. Google tranlation seems to say that it will be a 2011 recap episode. This is from the Japanese GCCX Homepage.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

rdbbb posted:

New live special coming up! February 24: Arino's "Last Challenge of the 30s" (he turns 40 the next day).

I've been lucky the last couple of shows when I found a livestream, so start getting your hopes up nnnnow, especially because it starts at 6 pm there and goes to 2 AM if I'm reading that right, which is... not convenient for my fellow North Americans (1 AM PT the same day).

That's it for now. Dunno what the game(s) will be. (I wouldn't expect Battletoads because Part 2 of that will have aired already)

Were you able to catch the 10min New Years Special this morning. Any news from the show other than the live special.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is the link to the 10 min New Years 2012 Special on the usual Japanese blog.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-449.html

Edit: The video only shows the first 5 seconds. It the asks for paid registration. Hope someone can find another video link for the special.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 1, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

joek0 posted:

Here is the link to the 10 min New Years 2012 Special on the usual Japanese blog.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-449.html

Edit: The video only shows the first 5 seconds. It the asks for paid registration. Hope someone can find another video link for the special.

Here is a link to the New Year Special on Dailymotion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xndfk1_yyyyyyycx-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy_videogames

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Next Episode:
#133 Battletoads Part 2
1/12/12

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Battletoads Part2 is about to start live in less than an hour. Anyone know any good live stream for Fuji TV.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

Oh man, totally forgot this was the beginning of season 3. That means the first appearance of Urakawa. :neckbeard:

e: the back and forth with Abe is fantastic.

I loved Urakawa's debut. Being late for his first show was funny. His little chat with Abe was great.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The raw for episode #133 Battletoads Part2 is finnaly up on the usual Japanese blog. It was uploaded pretty quickly. Hope the OP gets updated with the link.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-450.html

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
In the 2nd Battletoads episode, I love when they emphasize Arino's first continue mishap for 2012. I wonder how long until he has another continue mishap?

joek0 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 12, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

You guys are going to love Wagan Land and Nagoyan's episode. Wagan Land features the high point of the first AD Takahashi's brief time on the show.

I loved all the episodes with the female AD Takahashi. I can't wait to see Wagan Land. Please do the few remaining episodes with her as AD. My most favorite being Megaman 1.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

joek0 posted:

I loved all the episodes with the female AD Takahashi. I can't wait to see Wagan Land. Please do the few remaining episodes with her as AD. My most favorite being Megaman 1.

I just realized that the only episode not subbed with the female AD Takahashi is the Magaman episode. I hope this gets subbed soon so we can all of her episodes (45-48).

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
In case you have not been to rdbbb's page latly, he has posted the summaries for the 2 Battltoad episodes. Also, can someone tell me what challenges were on DVD 8 including the DVD exclusive challenge.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Mendel Palace, Densha de Go!, Paris-Dakar Rally, Genpei Tōma Den, Night of the Kamaitachi (which for some reason is the extended episode), Megaman 4

There's two bonus challenges this time: City Connection and Genpei Tōma Den 2 (aka Samurai Ghost).

I'm glad that every megaman challenge has been on DVD. Arino playing the megaman games have been fun too watch. Hope to see Megaman 1 and 4 subbed soon. I hope 1 is subbed soon so that all the episodes with the female AD Takahashi will be subbed soon. Can't wait for Arino to play Megaman 5.

Also is there a good raw for the Director's Cut for Street Fighter II.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Next Episode
Detective Jinguji Saburo Shinjuku Chuo Park murder
1/26/12

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The government just shutdown Megaupload. Glad the videos are still on Multiupload.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Multiupload is down!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

BAKOON posted:

Does anyone remember the episode where Arino beats the game before lunch time? Some side-scrolling action game, the episode hasn't been translated yet.

Random Stranger posted:

Ninja Spirit. Episode 112.

I thought his quickest challenge was Hi No Tori(6 Hours. I didn't know Ninja Spirit was done in about 2+ hours. But he played the game in PC Engine Mode. I don't have the Turbo Grafix version, but the Arcade version for PC from the Irem Arcade Collection. The Arcade version is much harder. You only get 1 hit per life. The PC Engine version gives you 5 hits per life.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Arino's a fan of the Resident Evil series. I wouldn't mind seeing him play RE2, or some RE5 co-op between him and a former AD.

I love it when Arino plays Capcom games. He has a mixed record when it comes to capcom games. Megaman challenges are tough for him and is always wondering when he will play the next sequel. The Ghosts N Goblins games are always going to get a bad reaction from Arino. And Yo Noid gave him a little trouble. Final Fight gave him so much trouble and Street Fighter 2 is not his type of game. Street Fighter 2010 was a hard as nails platformer, even though I have not seen this episode yet. Finally, the quiz game by Capcom provided a good challenge. I can't wait for the next Capcom game the make him play, especially when he plays another magaman game.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I just watched the initial upload of Bomberman and I did not really notice a problem with the timing of the subs. I found it watchable. I am still downloading the fixed version though. Great videos guys. I can't wait to see more DVD challenges.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I've beaten every game in RGC2 on my own except for the 2 Detective games. The GamFaqs page has alot of great help. I wrote 2 of the FAQS an the site. I just wish someone could scan the officail strategy guide and post it on this board. Make sure to watch the episode where he plays RGC1. The link is the first post after the OP.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Episode #135
2/9/2012
Alex Kidd in Miracle World

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
This was another one I was waiting for after watching the raw episode. I tried the Gameboy version afterwords.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Episode #135 Alex Kidd in Miracle World is up on the usual blog.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-452.html

The Tamage is pretty good in this one.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 10, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I didn't really post any big spoilers. Arino messes up alot at the continue screens during the series.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Arino's 40th Birthday is on the 2/25. How do you think the show is going to celebrate during the live show.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
This is great and prepares us for the 40th Birthday Live show. I will watch the lemming episode while I wait for this to download.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

Wait, I'm not super clear on how this works. Did you cut the 24 hour show down to 1 hour, or is this the first hour, or is it an hour out of the first seven hours, or what?

This is an hour long regular episode(#89) which was a documentary of the Lemmings 24 hour live episode.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I was skimming through the raw of the 24 hour live episode and am now wishing that this was in your compilation. I loved the messages of encouragement by former staff and others who have been on the show in other segments. M favorite is this one: The message by AD Tsuroka singing the 53 Staions of Hokkaido song acompanied by his guitar. Hope to see some of the other missing extra segments from the 24 hour live show compiled in another video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I hope to see the Megaman 1 episode get translated soon. All the female AD Takahashi epiosoded are subed or in the process of being subbed(Waagan Land). Megaman is the only one left. The Yelloe Devil fight in Rockman and Rockman 3 are 2 of my top GCCX moments.