Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kiranamos posted:

Dude, you seriously have a problem concerning female AD Takahashi.

I just like the episodes she is in. She is a pretty capable AD even with her less than normal AD gaming experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Corridor posted:

Speaking of which are there any Sasano vids left to be subbed?

Sasano really only plays games during season 2. He is a Director in Season 3 and makes less appearances. He is gone by season 4.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
As I said in previous posts, I would love to see Megaman 1 translated so that the AD Takahashi Quadlogy can be completed. My second choice would be the post Korea trip episode. The fight with the Yellow Devil is one of my favorite GCCX moments.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I am hoping that the 3rd Quiz episode get subbed soon. I loved the first 2.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

For me, Adventure Quiz: Hatena's Quest was the hardest. Not only did I have to translate all those questions and answers and fact-check everything, I had to deal with the pun-tastic riddles too. Some of those had me stumped for a while. Special trip episodes like South Korea and Cannes also take more work due to having to verify facts and names (especially the South Korea one).

I was the one who complimented and offered to help you translate the South Korea episode. I was wondering if you needed help with the translating the short Korea TamaGe segment in episode 51, Sword of Musashi.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Deleted

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is a link to the 3DS VC special from this morning!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172437

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kirall posted:

"This video has been removed by the user."

:(

That is a shame. It may pop up again soon.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
4 AM EST to Noon EST if my calculations are correct. I know that it is from 6 PM JST to 2 AM JST.

Does anyone know when the pre game show starts.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 24, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Deleted

joek0 fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 24, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
They expect him to get to the final stage by Midnight JST.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I hope Pilotwings gets added to the sub queque after seeing this challenge!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I didn't stay up all night for this. I woke up at 4 AM EST to watch the start of the episode.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Was that AD Tsuroka on the guitar. I don't think his appearance should have changed that much.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
@zarigani
Will you post a better quality pic? Awesome drawing and fax.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

schuhart posted:

Tsuruoka was awesome on the guitar!
That was great to hear, I love that the song is as well remebered even after this time.

One of the messages during the 24 hour lemmings show was from AD Tsuroka. He sings the 53 Stations song there to with a guitar.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Great art zarigani! I hope that you choose to sub the Pilotwings episode later from season 12.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Uznare posted:

I feel like I should know who the guy in the tracksuit in the balcony is, but I am blanking out really hard and it's bothering me a lot. Anyone care to help?

It's one of the Directors on the show who rarly appears on the show. He appears in the 2012 New Year's Special.

Also, who is on the far right of the balcony?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Yeah it's Director Fujimoto. He hates appearing on camera. And Suda is on the far right, running to catch the train.

Kan said that despite all his insisting that there won't be an extension, they're gonna try for an extension because it would be sad to let the challenge end here.

Thanks! I finally figured out all the staff. Also, is that Ki, a Lemming, and Arino an the banners.

You should sub the music video.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

The funeral pic from the Game Over screen in Takeshi's Challenge is the middle banner.

I forgot about Takeshi's Challenge. But the middle banner looks pretty close to arino. I realize that the 3 banners represent the live challenges he has done. Was there a reason that you did not do a banner for Mighty Bomb Jack.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I pretty much just traced the graphic directly.

Mighty Bomb Jack isn't there because it was a live stage challenge, not a live TV broadcast challenge.

That makes sense. When this ends, I am going to watch the Pilotwings raw episode before taking a long nap. What time is it for you zarigani.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Obeast posted:

I just woke up and got caught up with the thread... Holy crap, zari's gift is beyond awesome! I'm kinda pissed that I went to bed when I did, because I would've loved to have seen the reaction live. :)

Like I said in the post I made before I went to bed, I hope that we'll get an abridged version of this episode (or a behind the scenes documentary like the Lemmings 24 hour special) so I can see a lot of the major stuff that I missed since it looks like I missed quite a bit.

You were about 13 min. away from the big moment at midnight.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Disappointing Pie posted:

Omg I missed the stream but tuned into that Freshverse site, and I thought american TV was weird, holy poo poo wow. I could watch this for hours.

Freshverse streams whatever he is watching on TV in Japan. Japanese TV is wierd, even though I watch Korean TV.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
For those who missed the show at midnight with the bday celebrations, Justin.tv has the video. It starts at about the 39 min mark. Zarigani's gift starts at about the 48 min mark.

http://en.justin.tv/atxhd66/b/309607086

joek0 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 25, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Is the Triotos App for Apple IPhone and IPad Japanese only?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

I'm in the US and I've got it on my iPhone, so yeah you can get it through the US app store. Language is only in Japanese of course but it's not a game with a lot of reading as you can guess.

I have the 2nd DS game. I just might get it from the App Store soon.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The midnight part is streming on freshverse now.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Nill posted:

Speaking of YouTube, here's an embedded clip of the birthday segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XULaaICbMIg

You got everything except the video message from Hamaguchi(Yoiko). Hope you can upload a new video with this added.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Nill posted:

Blame the 15 minute size limit, though the point was mainly to share Arino's cake serenade and the presentation of Zari-Gani's amazing staff portrait. :toot:

Hope someone can upload a youtube video of all the birthday messages he got.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The Go By Train Sub was released much sooner than I hoped. Can't wait to watch it. I thought that Wagan Land was in the process of being subbed. Hope to see the sub soon.

Here is another youtube clip from the live show.

This was the second fax segment where the show non Japanese faxes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMWnQktnjQ

This is the raw for episode #98, Pilotwings. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnTzCaxpBLE

joek0 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 25, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Arino at least enjoys one shooting game from the Go By Train Tamage. He plays "Here comes Twin Bee". How does he fair in the DVD challenge of TwinBee.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
After Arino fails the challenge, AD Emoto was not the one to show the good ending. The said that AD Emoto was pretty bad at this game. They got a minor staff member to clear the game. I was surprised that the guy cleared it. I felt bad for AD Emoto. He's great at some game, but is bad at others. His terrible playing in Punch Out was sad to see.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I thought Abe worked for Gascoin directly (as opposed to being a freelancer). You'd expect that Kan would give him the day off or arrange for the second string guy to fill in on his duties the next day.

So hey, who wants a special episode promo courtesy of the astounding Nagoyan? He found this video while working an episode that's being edited right now.

For what it's worth the source video was pretty rough a couple of different ways so there isn't any option for better quality video. But this is short and it's something you're going to want to see:

http://depositfiles.com/files/bmgwzyyij

Download torrent81 (1 file; 132.47 MB)
View torrent stats

[spoiler]Does this mean that a sub for Genpei Touma Den is coming?[spoiler]

joek0 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 26, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I put this together:

(click for large)

I actually thought the dragon and bird on the throne represented US and Japan. I thought that the bird was an eagle which represented the US and that the dragon represented Japan.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I just watched the raw for Super Gussun Oyoyo and am loving the game and episode. I love the cute graphics and characters. I hope to see this one subbed soon as Arino playing puzzle games is always fun to watch.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I love the Puyo Puyo franchise and loved the raw episode. Puyo Puyo games and GCCX ANC2 are the the only games I ever imported from Japan. Can't wait to see this when it is done.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I am only good at rhythm games and text adventure games.

When you say text adventure games, do you mean games like Zork from the Infocom days. There are many text adventure games created by many different people. If you want to learn how to make your own text adventures, let me know. Are you also a fan of graphical adventures like games from the Sierra era of adventures (ex: King's Quest, etc...).

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Sierra games, Lucasarts games, Ace Attorney games, etc. Currently playing 999 and I ordered Jake Hunter: MotP and Hokkaido Serial Murders.

I see that you are an adventure gamer at heart. I am a huge fan of Sierra's Adventure games. Do you still have and play some of those classic games. If you want to play them on modern PC's, you can buy them at GOG.com. The have many classic PC games that have been fixed to run on newer PCs. Did you like the 2 Detective games on GCCX ANC2. I would have loved them if I knew Japanese. That however doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the other games as I play GCCX ANC2 pretty regularly.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
@zarigani
Do you have a GOG account. I would love to gift you a classic adventure game or 2. They have almost all the Sierra adventure games and a good number of lesser known adventure games. They don't have ant Lucas Arts games yet, but I am hoping that they will have them soon. Here is a list of all the adventure games on their site.

http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue#adventure/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I too will buy the DVD when it releases. I hope that the GCCX franchise succedes in the West. I need Bandai Namco to bring ANC2 to the US. I have RGC in Englesh and the Japanese import for ANC, but I need BN to bring the 2nd game to the US. I am still enjoying the import version though and will eventually import the first GCCX game as I would love to hear Arino's voice in the first game. Maybe BN will hire you to translate the second game.