Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Those are bad video titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
His twitter is disgusting. I wouldn't be shocked if he manages to find a way to slip the n-word into the episode somehow.

Sub-par subs from a sub-par human being? I'll pass.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Thanks, Goose Team.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Is there a reason you guys aren't just using Plex?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Cemetry Gator posted:

I tried Plex, but you need your files set up just so, or else it doesn't work right, since it has aggressive content matching. So it won't just take what you have and spit it back at you.

And yeah, I could reorganize my files, or I could use another application that doesn't try to be smart. I hate it when software tries to be smart, since that's when it does the stupidest things ever.
There are posts from me, in this very thread, about fighting with thetvdb over GCCX season numbering and naming conventions, and a good chunk of the cover art images for seasons are ones I made. I know the bullshit you're talking about first hand.

So eventually I gave up. You can add a folder to Plex as "other" and it doesn't do any content matching, you just browse the raw file/folder listing. Works great. Zero effort. Download video to folder, watch on any device with Plex app. You guys doing manual video re-encodes sound bonkers to me in 2020. That's literally the sort of stuff you had to do back in like 2003 to watch files on your PSP before smartphones and wifi.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Thanks, Goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

PlanetFlavor posted:

I don't know anything about Zombie_Kabuto's other contributions to the dumpster fire we call the internet;
This is where I stopped reading, because your opinion is irrelevant if you don't even have all the facts.

Thanks again, Goose.