Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Jimmy Colorado posted:

I'm happy they're doing Battletoads though, as it's a legit, insanely tough game. I was watching the raws of Super Mario World, and the one thing that really gets my goat is when Arino continually fails on the easiest games ever made in the history of people making and playing games. He lost 60 lives (SIXTY!) on the 4th castle. It's infuriating!

Yea, I was nerd-raging when Arino kept dying in one of the easiest parts of Kid Icarus. I mean, I wasn't that bad when I beat it when I was 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

Anyone know the specs of that Toshiba monitor Arino uses for his challenges? It looks like it would have the perfect amount of video outs like a crt but with more portability.

Risky
May 18, 2003

They sell those cooling pads Arino uses at Wal-Mart. I should have picked some up.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

This would probably be the best thing ever.

Especially if they got into the music.

Parappa the Rapper would be awesome too.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Does anyone have any idea what kind of monitor Arino uses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

He even mentions needing to press the buttons early. Certainly sounds like monitor lag, but he managed to adapt pretty well.

You bring up a good point with the lag as I noticed that as well.

I was actually thinking since this is a popular TV show and they have a ton of ADs to pool info from, why they don't use a setup/tv/monitor with an RGB setup or S-Video at the very least. Judging from some of the shots (which tend to go by fast) of the back of the monitor it seems like he is always using a composite video signal. Surely they could do better?