Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I sometimes wonder how things would have gone if they had run with the "It's not a video game console, it's a computer!" direction of their first prototype, the Advanced Video System.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

cronox2 posted:

I really enjoyed the Capcom episode so it's cool to see another [CX] episode. Timely too with the recent Harmo Knight (made by Game Freak) announcement.
Don't you mean Jeff Gerstmann's Harmo Knight? :colbert:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself for missing a chance at one of those Delinquent Diamyos tea towels because I was knee deep in Torchlight 2 instead of stalking this thread last night. v:shobon:v

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I can still reach the site on one network but not on another.
Hopefully just a DNS propagation issue though the domain registration was autorenewed last night and maybe there was a delay processing the fee so it was parked?
Give it a day for it to come back before bugging r1ch I guess.

Nill fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 23, 2012

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

xamphear posted:

The domain registration expired on 2012-09-22 and r1ch didn't renew it. His last post on the forums was a month ago. Does anyone know him outside of the forums? He's got a very narrow window in which he can reclaim the domain before it gets incredibly hard to recover.
I sent him an email at r1ch.net but that site is a bit abandoned so who knows how often he checks that address. He's currently the administrator for teamliquid.net so I'll try messaging him there.

Then there's his twitter @R1CH_TL where he posted just yesterday, but tweeting goonbusiness would just feel 'wrong'. :saddowns:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Got in touch with Rich about the domain and he's renewing it now so alluvion should hopefully be back in not too long.
He wasn't aware people still used it.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Silentman0 posted:

Worse comes to worst, we could just upload them to some anime torrent aggregator. Just remember to update your Adblock ahead of time, I guess.

Nill posted:

Got in touch with Rich about the domain and he's renewing it now so alluvion should hopefully be back in not too long.
He wasn't aware people still used it.

Spincut posted:

And just like that, it's back up. Thank you!

If you can't see it now either try flushing your dns cache or just give it time to timeout.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Taratang posted:

I've finally run out of subbed episodes to watch and I'm trying to track down a couple of episodes I'm missing that have apparently been translated (according to the OP).

I tracked down most of them but does anyone have a link to a torrent or direct download (not depositfiles) for episode 58?

I went and put it up on Alluvion. Hopefully RS won't mind. :ohdear:

Game Center CX - Season 8 - 058 - Masked Ninja Hanamaru (Yo! Noid)
Download torrent81 (1 file; 498.07 MB)
View torrent stats

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

A DVD has two options when it comes to text overlays.

1) DVD subtitles are actually 4 color, full-screen "subpictures" that are placed over the video image. With clever execution you can implement serviceable, albeit blocky overlays in the subtitle track itself.

2) Alternate "angles". Originally envisioned as allowing the user to interactively switch between camera angles in a scene, this DVD feature is more frequently put to use to automatically and seamlessly insert the foreign language versions of shots (title cards, writing on screen, place names, credits, etc) when different languages are selected from the main menu. This requires more complex dvd authoring and pre-rendered versions of all the alternate shots to be inserted.

Nill fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 3, 2012

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Don't you mean...

Nill fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 22, 2012

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Obeast posted:

Not yet... I think the attention came from the raw when that was uploaded to YouTube or Nico.
A bunch of us managed to watch it live back when Freshverse was still streaming. :unsmith:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

It's possible (but tricky & a bit pricy as parts become harder to find) to mod a pure RGB out onto a normal Famicom if you want clean video and pixels sharp enough to shave with.
I know it's probably just :effort: but I like to think they just want to preserve the original, fuzzy look that most people remember.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I know that feelin'. Deep in the desert after T-N stopped releasing subbed episodes, I went to an Asian grocery and bought 4 or 5 different types of dried squid.

And I'm a vegetarian.
I thought squid was a vegetable. You know, like sea cucumber.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Chococat posted:

I'll have to figure out a better way of handling orders instead of clogging up the thread though.
Would PMs work?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

AnotherGamer posted:

Was Super Ghouls'n Ghosts taken down? It's not linked in the OP.
It's still being hosted, you can find the post on page 239

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3452856&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=223#post409230283

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Here are a few larger images of the shirts to help folks out.

USA Hoodie „4,620

Rain jacket „4,200

King Longsleeve „3,465

Anniversary "40's Gamer" „3,150

And of course Abe's awesome teatowel „840 (not actually a shirt)

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

If you guys like watching people play old(ish) videogames, SpeedDemosArchive is doing another live charity marathon right now.

http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Bocc Kob posted:

Did Arino join a visual kei band?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

bpc908 posted:

Hey guys, I'm trying to create an Arino figure out of the models from Retro Game CHallenge. Don't worry, I legally own the game and made a backup for it on my computer. I'm trying to get the model in a usable format for Blender and was wondering if anyone could help me with it.
If you have an emu with a DirectX renderer you could try 3D ripper DX.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

bpc908 posted:

is it just me or is the torrent site down?
I think it may just be being hammered considering the relative uptick in traffic it's seeing with all these releases.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Abe's would have to be the largest. :colbert:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

FredMSloniker posted:

Well, alluvion.org says it's a torrent site again, but I'm not able to actually connect with µTorrent yet. Anyone know what the issue is?
Seemed like a database issue, clients can connect now and all the links in this thread work again despite the tracker page not listing any files. It may simply need more time to update.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

WesY2K posted:

I think this caption from Onore TVN sums it up perfectly :-)

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

The Neo-Geo machines I saw growing up were almost always the 2-game type and generally had a fighting game (KoF / Samurai Showdown / etc) and one of the various sports titles...
Though I may also be selectively editing a billion copies of Metal Slug out of my memory.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

but Alexis is the one who rides a motorcycle....

This is all so confusing.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

bakersfield chimp posted:

Seconding this-- I'm having some problems connecting to the torrent, for some reason. Thanks!

https://mega.nz/#!XYgGgRRB!ME_9WFJ2dqRzzcmHhduzFaIgradDylNnFVIYWAnTYtU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Kakaricho posted:

"They don't speak Japanese there, I don't wanna go".

(By his own admission, Arino dislikes going to places where people don't speak Japanese.)
A Japanese billionaire bought out all the seats on SpaceX's first flight to the moon in their upcoming vehicle and his plan is to take around 100 artists with him.
So there's a very real (if unlikely) possibility that Arino could go to space and the people would speak Japanese.