Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
I've been watching the GCCX x Sakurai collab videos on YouTube and the JP only ones on the GCCX channel are so good. I have intermediate Japanese ability so it's a good chance for me to pick up some new vocab but man this is just so chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

mikeycp posted:

I've been toying with using it for practice. It doesn't seem too hard generally, but my listening ability is my weakest area

Since they paste key phrases on the screen throughout the episodes it's a good way to pick up new kanji/vocab as well.
The Sakurai collab videos have been good because he is way more technical than Arino so I've been able to learn some good 専門用語.
Question for long time viewers though, sometimes Arino/the ADs will use a type of colloquialism where adjectives go from ending in い to ending in か.
For example, きつい = きつか, or when an AD comes to help they will ask よかですか? instead of いいですか?
AFAIK that's a Kyushu thing, is it a thing in Osaka too? Or was there a famous AD from Fukuoka or something and it became a catch phrase?

Sakurai used something like 手伝っても良かですか?  and the announcer aluded it to being a famous phrase from the show or something.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

mikeycp posted:

Abe is a hakata boy

That clears things up thank you :D i'm also a kyushu boy (by residence at least)

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Kakaricho posted:

Fukuoka born-and- raised AD Urakawa spawned the famous 1機やらしてもらって、よかですか? quote. As was said, Abe is from Fukuoka too, and Inoue (AD after Urakawa) is as well too, so there was a period when a lot of the staff was from Fukuoka.

Inoue tried it too and famously had Arino shout "No!" in English at him because he had made so many prior mistakes, and it was paraphrased as "武道館やらしてもらって、よかですか?" as the motto of the Budokan Event.

That's awesome haha. I really need to watch everything from the beginning. Should track down the raws somehow and treat it like study time.

And yeah Hakata/Fukuoka is a great place. A bit out of the way for people just coming to visit but if it is your second trip to Japan, for example, I'd recommend spending a couple nights down this way.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Kakaricho posted:

I've wanted to go and visit the food carts in Fukuoka for years, but with two kids and my situation, I can barely afford a trip to the bathroom.

(I'd have cancelled going to Saitama if not for a few strokes of luck. And inability to get a full refund...)

Yeah Yatais are definitely a vibe but now that I think about it I’ve never actually eaten at one haha.
Looks like the collaboration videos with Sakurai have finished. That was a good run. Kibe gushing about Sega and slamming that bell was fun.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Kakaricho posted:

He was ringing it everytime Sakurai praised Sega, rhe goal was to get to 100 tines.

Yeah I understood the bit, it was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

testtubebaby posted:

The Space Channel 5 episode looked pretty bad, too… particularly the gameplay. Someone needs to gift the crew a Retrotink instead of flowers next time methinks.

Sakurai pointed out how laggy the TV they use is in the recent collab. I understand not wanting to lug a 14" CRT around but even just a Tink2X would be such a game changer.