Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Despite Arino's gentle and patient nature, I can't help but think this is what we're going to see in the new episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUmipv-IG0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Oh man "Batman is in the reflection" absolutely killed me.

Fantastic job, as always, guys. Thanks!

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

MTXperience posted:

Did the Lincoln episode with Yoiko on it ever get subbed? I thought this was being worked on at some point, not sure if I just missed it or not.

Thanks to all the translators/timers/etc. in this thread!

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I've watched the raw, but the whole premise is based off of what they're saying, so I'd love to know what the status is on the sub.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

Polysics are the best thing since best things, but that's mostly because I'm one of those nerds who still likes DEVO.

A Devo/Polysics fan posting in a Gamecenter CX thread.
You are my sworn blood brother. Your enemies are now mine and your cup shall never be empty in my presence.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Oh no! :ohdear:

What should we do, Hitoshi Matsumoto?

God drat there are few things I want in my life more than that translated Yoiko episode of Lincoln.

(as a total sidenote, if you're using the established Red/Blue subtitles for Matsumoto and Hamada, I think I may just love you a little bit)

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Man, it's crazy seeing a Power Pad after all these years. Also, it's good to see Arino stumbled on the "kneel and slap the pad with your hands" technique that many of us lazier children used to achieve ridiculous scores.

Plus, we totally had that frog flick game in our local arcade. I took a little nostalgic trip right back to the late 80's when I saw that thing.

Awesome job as always guys. This episode and Bomberman stand to make this one of the best set of releases you guys have done.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

I think this is the first episode that I can recall there being zero AD appearances.
This would have been the Tsuruoka season right?

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

This is way to awesome. You get all the interesting segments from the 24 hour show without having to watch Arino bang his head against a level, unedited for hours at a time. Just a great idea.

Also, whoever came up with the idea of Toujima and Tanii having a bromantic holiday ending with implied rape is some sort of deranged genius.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

xamphear posted:

My gaydar pings every time I see Kibe on screen, but I can't tell if it's just a cultural misunderstanding or what.

I think it's because Kibe looks exactly like a kindly, middle-aged lesbian.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Di..did Bebop, Rocksteady and Shredder just go Super Saiyan there?

Clearly, I grew up watching the wrong Ninja Turtles...

e: Also, if I might add:

:stare:

Dog Toggle Switch fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 13, 2012

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Outside of his undeniable charm, charisma and overall machismo, is there any precedence for Abe always being included in these little vignettes on the couch?
I understand Kan, Kibe and Fujimoto, but cameramen aren't usually considered in that authoritative of a position.

Clearly, I'm not complaining, I just wondered if there was something to it besides Abe potentially beating the crap out of people if they didn't let him.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Mayor McCheese posted:

I enjoyed it, too. I was waiting for Arino to find a doughnut in the men's restroom trashcan during his playthrough and I was totally let down when it was a matchstick instead.

Yeah, as someone who owned and beat the game as a kid, I was surprised to see the little changes they had to make to protect us impressionable youths.
I mean, if I had seen that little old lady selling cigarettes in the US version, I might have started smoking WEEKS earlier than I actually did.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

I wish I knew why the Japanese were so dang infatuated with 4 which has to be the absolute worst of the SNES era FFs, and is sort of a bad game in general.

Yeah, Mystic Quest was clearly superior.

Also, you're wrong and a bad person.

But, more on topic, has there ever been talk about re-subbing the Northern Trip special that, I'm assuming, TV Nihon did? It's probably one of my favorite episodes because it's literally just an hour long tamage, but now I must be suspect of what Arino REALLY thinks about clown-themed chance games due to TV Nihon's questionable quality.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Here's a fun fact:
Did you know that President of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment and E3 Spokesman, Don Mattrick
is actually Kibe of Gamecenter CX?

It's true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

victrix posted:

I wonder what Abe's reaction was when they told him the premise of the show in the first place