Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Were any conclusions made in relation the rapid fish kill phenomenon that occurred around the world at the start of the year? Particularly the ones that happened at a California bay?

Seemed like something that might be of concern and in relation to environmental damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

C'mon man, stop daydreaming, you know that will never happen.
Their reply will either be:
- all of this has happened before and all of this will happen again :psylon: Greenland used to be Green!!!
or
- this is all China and India's fault, there was nothing we could have done by ourselves so what was the point in ruining ourselves if the end result would have been the same?

I like to think that in a few decades when poo poo really hits the fan we will go for the sunshades as a desperate last attempt and then after modern civilization collapses anyway all knowledge of the shade's existence and power to destroy it will vanish, locking our descendants in a permanent ice age.
:ironicat:

Sounds like an interesting book! Maybe i'll call it The Light Shade.

Then in a thousand years time I will be revered as a profit!

Haha!

No, but seriously, we're hosed. Venus here we come. :psyduck:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Guys, good news! Thanks to climate change we've moved back the expected Ice Age that will occur in 1500 years time!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16439807

Better burn more fuel!

:suicide:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18120093

So this is a bit disheartening. And by that I mean "we're doomed, aren't we?"

This is several thousand tons of ancient methane being pumped into the atmosphere due to arctic melting.

Yaaaay!

:suicide:

Ive always wondered what Venus feels like.

• Locked thread