Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

It's not even that sinister....human nature being what it is, there is no way whatsoever that you would ever get global cooperation. Some government, somewhere, would hold out for the technological advantage. It's no less unrealistic to believe that every country would dial back it's technological advantages during a time of peace than it is to believe that the same country would do so during a time of, say, global war. It's a global version of the monkey trap...and, at the end of the day, we're still monkeys.

I cant even imagine what the actual "WAKE THE gently caress UP" event would be that would finally clear the air on this, but it wouldn't be soon enough to change. I hope I'm wrong and steeped in ignorance, but I fear that we've passed the tipping point.
The wake up call will always be what it has been since humans have existed rock bottom and even then we might still screw things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread