Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Hi I'm just now learning about this, are we as a people prepared for the changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

It seems like every little bit would help? I'm still fairly optimistic at people's chance of survival of this, and mitigation to some extent.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Yeah we can still go into space

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Ultimately, we should still explore space AND combat climate change.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Have we done anything about red giant mitigation?

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

computer parts posted:

Well no, murder suicide is more effective from a resource usage standpoint.

Actually, based on density and economies of scale, mass imprisonment might be more effective too. Prisons don't commute prisoners one at a time in big SUVs after all.

It depends on how close a state medical facility is, but there are quite a few transports of single prisoners in big rear end vans sometimes up to a few hours away for treatment. Seems more like a healthcare issue at that point, and centralizing everything etc.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

In a different sort of news, 14 years worth of rain in a single day (and further rain on other days) for a super dry location:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-year-of-rain/

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Arglebargle III posted:

Does anyone think the ExxonMobil news deserves its own thread?

What news?

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Arglebargle III posted:

Are you joking? The news that ExxonMobile's head scientist presented its executives with in-house research showing 3 degrees of global warming due to carbon dioxide emissions in 1978.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if anything else had come out. Seems like climate change related stuff is coming out much faster than can be kept track of these days.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Aren't you the "inches is the same as mm" guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

How are u posted:

Don't bring children into this world, they will only have hell to inherit.

Has there been any discussions on the moral implications of having kids in this thread? Obviously all the kids being born as this post is typed, be it accidental, planned, etc and the ones before it are already out in the wild so to speak.

Edit: there's already large and existing moral implications of having kids outside of the existential crisis that is climate change and I suppose I'm not really talking about that.

• Locked thread