Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

CommieGIR posted:

"Prepared" is the wrong word.

Let's put it this way: In North Carolina, its illegal to study the ocean rise from global warming.

:doh:

Anything to avoid scaring people or hurt corporate profit margins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Salt Fish posted:

To be fair, a more accurate wording would be "illegal for the government to propose legislation based on a particular prediction of sea rise rate". It's still retarded but its not illegal to study it.

So you can study it all you want, but you can't use what you find to make changes?

That somehow feels worse..haha.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Fuel efficiency is for communists and hippies, friend citizen. Buy. Consume. Nothing is ever enough. Waste as much as you can. You earned it.

Fuel Efficiency is an admirable goal, but this is an innovation/access issue. We have a Prius in my household for commuting, but by-and-large good alternative fuel vehicles aren't particularly affordable or practical for a long distance commuter.

I'd love to drive a loving Tesla to work, but no one can afford it. Volts are expensive.

Affordable hybrids are around, but generally in high demand. I agree that short-sighted F-950 buying is probably ill-advised, but there are a lack of practical solutions for modern middle-class consumers.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

All told electric mass transit is probably the best option but Americans have a really bizarre hatred for mass transit and a raging boner for personal vehicles.

Agreed. And its why nearly every mid-sized city (mine included) is in a perpetual state of gridlock crisis.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lamebot posted:

We won the war on terror.

No poo poo, that was the very first thought that entered my money.

COAL ROLLIN' FOR JESUS

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I'm not sure if you live in Charleston, but this has single-handedly paralyzed the city the past two days--not mention exacerbating the "1000 year rain event" we experienced in early Oct. Flooding has always been an issue here in place, but usually a rain/tide combo made it happen. Lockwood Blvd has been completely underwater and impassible the past two days during high tide.

Living 500 yards from the water, I haven't experienced any flooding--but happen to be profoundly lucky.

We are right and truly hosed down here.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Real Foogla posted:

The newest is ExxonMobil lost 47% of it's earnings? idgi either boohoo we earned only 4 loving billion dollars this quarter

They'll lobby themselves into a government subsidy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Radbot posted:

"Skyrocketing downward", that's a new one.

Plummeting? Groundrocketing?

• Locked thread