Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
The website scottishgames.net lists Reloaded Productions as closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I played APB this weekend, it was fun. LTL is cool and good.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
im the guy who used that crouch trick to climb really high buildings so no one could kill them during that VIP holiday event before the out of bounds zones

also using dump trucks and ambulances to make super ramps to get on top of really high buildings

also hiding in that one noclip spot under the overpass in financial

also yurtling

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Halloween event, AKA the best event, starts today. :spooky:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A gallery of my APB character back from beta

http://imgur.com/a/MuUOX

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BungMonkey
Sep 7, 2000

Mmm... Mulched baby...
https://bungmonkey.omgwallhack.org/vid/apb/force_push.mp4

Wherein I discover my latent force powers.

https://bungmonkey.omgwallhack.org/vid/apb/vip-floorwarps.mp4

Wherein I discover my latent gopher powers.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Login now until December 31st to receive your Tin Foil Hat. Share your tin foil hat images below.

:tinfoil:

Almost a reason to install APB again

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

All we gotta do is log in? We don't even have to play? I can dig it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Reinstalled, logged in, got my hat, noticed they gave me a poo poo-ton of inventory space for everything and a new gun, played some fight club. Had fun.

Nearly got through the entire year without playing APB :negative:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Daztek posted:

Almost The only reason to install APB again.

My username came from this game. I miss it, and the percuffle shuffle.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
And blackjack. :allears:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

My username came from this game. I miss it, and the percuffle shuffle.

Your spirit lives on in the form of my Valentine's Day Jericho.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

less than three posted:

:kimchi:

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

less than three posted:

daaw that is cute.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2017/03/play-station-4-soft-launch.html

quote:

Spring has sprung in the US and with that we have exciting news! We’re happy to announce that the APB Reloaded PlayStation 4 soft launch starts during the next 24 hours. The US launch occurs at 8 AM PDT March 31, with most of the other regions launching at midnight their time.

The game will remain in a "Soft Launch" mode for the first 30 days (which mostly means it will have limited public announcements other than the formal launch announcement from the Publisher). During this 30 day period we encourage all current and former PC players to try the game and to give us feedback that we can incorporate into the upcoming updates (note: in order to access our private APB PS4 forums, you first have to log in to APB from a PS4 before you can use the forums).

How is it still alive.

quote:

Once we are out of the soft launch for the PS4 the team moves on to completing the Engine Upgrade work for the PC side. There is no estimation at this time, but we’ll keep you posted.

:v:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol, i guess I will have to download this tonight and see just how awful it is on ps4.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen and APB's Engine Update have the same release date

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Watching new people play apb is always the same. You can clearly see how confusing and awful the new player experience is yet for years the devs haven't done anything about it and wonder why they have no retention.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Downloaded and installed. Extremely fast loadtimes compared to PC with SSD (wtf), customization shows 60fps and I hope it holds up. Actually loading into a district takes long.

Once actually in a district, the framerates did not hold up. I quickly feel a growing migraine and an upsetting of the stomach. Even zooming down into the pavement rapidly makes for lag.

This is a dead dumb turkey of a game and that it took this long for the PS4 version mostly unchanged from the Xbone one?

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

I quickly feel a growing migraine and an upsetting of the stomach.

So the port stays true to the PC experience

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Krowley posted:

So the port stays true to the PC experience

Not even when I was playing on an Atlhon X2 and shitpile graphics card. Replacing that CPU with an X4 955 gave me the framerates to survive the most framerate-chaotic encounters, but this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixq3ygR7V74

Video is processing but viewable at 360p as of posting. I've survived everything VR without more than slightly wobbly legs but this is the worst. Recorded at 60fps to give a clearer idea of just how it is.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Every time this thread floats up, I read it to take schadenfreude at the devs announcing the closure.

But each time it somehow isn't.

e: that video looks like someone re-created the game map in Second life.
Holy moly that's bad.
It looks awful because the frame-timing is very inconsistent (clearly struggling to load in assets) and they haven't applied any motion blur to try to hide it.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 31, 2017

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Haha APB on ps4 have they actually added anything to this game since launch?!

I bought the original game before it went free to play and used to play it loads.

I'll have to check it out loved my espase people carrier (at least I think that's what it was called)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Well I made decals that say Boobs and Butt and put them in the appropriate places, griefed some people in a dump truck and figured out how to put The Phresh on repeat. It's definitely APB.

It runs at about 15 fps on PS4 pro, trying to aim is a nightmare when you combine that with being on a controller.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If APB2 came out and it was made by... I dunno, the Crackdown guys, I may never play another game again.

Just give me everything in a working condition and I'd pay for a sub.
Expand the maps, make themed districts with themed rewards (Mad Max, zombie, etc.) and I'd pay a premium.

The underlying architecture of this game could make a VERY cool Shadowrun game.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Inzombiac posted:

If APB2 came out and it was made by... I dunno, the Crackdown guys, I may never play another game again.

Just give me everything in a working condition and I'd pay for a sub.
Expand the maps, make themed districts with themed rewards (Mad Max, zombie, etc.) and I'd pay a premium.

The underlying architecture of this game could make a VERY cool Shadowrun game.

It really could.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Arresting people who have no idea what APB is, good times, even at 15-20ish fps.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Oh man.. if I only had a ps4 it would be like old times! :allears:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I tried the PS4 version to see how bad can be, very bad. Oh god, why is so slow?

Had some fun, but everything was super laggy and crashed 2 times in 3 missions.

Owned some noobs. People don't know how to use grenades, to follow the target, what to do when a vip park in a oil station and so on.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Is the one shot kill rifle and camping spots on the buildings roofs still accessible as that was my go to tactic.

Good to know I can still grief people with trucks I'll probably download it just to do that

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

there's never been a one shot kill rifle in apb

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

For a laugh, because it's not Persona 5 day yet, I went back in and tried out the social district PS4. The delicious tortillas I made earlier almost came out the route they entered from.

If there'd been music stations in the district I'd be able to make good money making tunes, are they out temporarily or did they go away in the PC version also?

e: game is running at maximum as hell settings but wth thick as all hell anti-aliasing, most likely the most performnance expensive method of it.. but only for like 5 yards!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 2, 2017

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

MrLonghair posted:

If there'd been music stations in the district I'd be able to make good money making tunes, are they out temporarily or did they go away in the PC version also?

Consoles don't have music station. PC still does. :iiam:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

less than three posted:

Consoles don't have music station. PC still does. :iiam:

:lol::wtf: one less item to crash and lag it all to hell with :haw:

Had a tow second pause coming after every shot fired. Grenaded and shot a contact NPC, crashed. Social district, I gotta record it, don't I?
e: performs much better now that I return there so nm

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 2, 2017

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think they did a patch yesterday. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing a recording of how it plays. :v:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

less than three posted:

I think they did a patch yesterday. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing a recording of how it plays. :v:

Social was a vomit comit first time there today, got better. Waterfront = fire gun, get immense lag for 1-2 seconds. All got better after a few crashes and restarts, this was bad and framey but kinda surprisingly playable. If they squeeze it into a solid 60fps I will be okay with the game. It does not need to have anti-aliasing this thick and solid, not to mention texture resolutions. The auto-aim is generous but no click-to-win. Seriously, nail the framerate and I'll get playing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16GLLXmqdM

e: poo poo for clothing options compared to GTA Online which is fun. Got a great Revolver Ocelot gimmick going there on a special account so the name shows right, soundboard for more fun, but in this? Which MGS Ocelot could I create without having to grind forever? It's the time to get in to club fools.

e: I can bug the game out and make it mostly 60fps, but without any inputs but moving and jumping as a result, then it randomly goes back to 6fps. It loads and unloads textures at will. It is like Godzilla laid a spectacular turd the size of a building, and GamersFirst said "hold my beer".

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 3, 2017

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

big nipples big life posted:

there's never been a one shot kill rifle in apb

It may as well been shoot once and quick change to pistol and shoot to finish someone off. I was remembering it wrong.

It was called the HVR or something

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Inzombiac posted:

So... the people who originally made APB in the first place, then? Wouldn't change much seeing as APB:R is just that old corpse propped up by a F2P structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I would honestly enjoy APB in the PS4 if it would run with more than 14 FPS.

This dead corpse of a game was fun and is still fun in short burst. It would be perfect for "backup game" when I finish others. Also, It don't seems to take much space in disc, and thats good in 2017.

• Locked thread