Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Gasoline posted:

We're a pretty active group of 3 on EU-Patriot :v:

At least we have no problems with forming a group :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Krowley posted:

Count yourself one more if I can get this game running! Stupid punkbuster crapped out on me.

Is there any way to transfer characters between servers? Got a rank 70-something Enforcer on Obeya with a bitchin' ride and stuff.

It's not possible. Don't worry, though - rolling with us you'll buy yourself a shitton of boatloads of bitchin' rides and stuffs.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Toastertron posted:

Pubbies can't handle my pro griefing :smug:

What does a man have to do to get one of these?

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

Oh man, if you could make this I'd really appreciate it. Just the little intro riff would be great.

Just started playing as Bunk on the Enforcer side. Are there any suspenders in the game? I could really use some.

There are no suspenders. There are only webbing vests and holsters, but you can make your own by "painting" them on your poo poo with decals.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Remember when I told you that I'm gonna stick to that one look for a while, Gas? I lied.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Do I dare share the symbol with you goons on Patriot?

Wait a minute, you play on Patriot? How come you don't roll with us?

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Secret Sweater posted:

Or the more likely explanation is that they didn't want to write code for a third faction hostile to both enf/crim and just made them a p5 enforcer since it doesn't loving matter either way and one requires zero extra work.

Or they could just make them crims, because a bounty on a crim is a bounty FOR CRIMS AND ENFORCERS.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Sweet, sweet pubbie tears.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Oh, MrLonghair's Vaquero, you so silly.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Krowley posted:

It won't be held back by the laws of physics.

Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

My name is Captain Swing. Pay strict attention to what I say because I choose my words carefully and I never repeat myself. I've told you my name: that's the Who. The Where could most readily be described as a Waterfront district on Patriot. The What is easy: recently I shot a lot of people and stuff happened. That's also the When. As for the Why: beyond the obvious entertainment, it's exceedingly simple… because I can. Which leaves us only with the How; and therein, as the Bard would tell us, lies the rub.

It starts just like any other mission. I'm driving my Pioneer because I figured I might as well use it from time to time. Somewhere else Filzee (WildZeo) and Player (MrLonghair) are bumping around in their Vaqueros. We get a dispatch against two greens and two silvers. We roll up to the point - everyone in a different car, that always ends well. Crims are already swarming all over the place. Three of them on the point, one on a highway above it. I do the smart thing - ram my Pioneer into his car. He manages to avoid me, so I drive a little bit farther, get out and shoot him with my HVR. He drops dead and he also drops something else…

Really? One kill on a highway is all it takes? Anyway, in the meantime they manage to grab the objective and we're on the last stage. Zeo and Longhair clean up the rest and we're halfway through the mission completion bar. And then we lose.

"Wait a minute" you might say. "How did you guys lose a takeouts mission with your enemies having zero kills". :ssh:Magic. Boatload of magic.

So this is how it ends, right? We kick their asses, lose the mission and everyone lives happily ever after. Clearly if we were hacking, we'd be trying to win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_IRWgpojw&t=25s
This time we're the ones on a mission and crims are after us. THE SAME CRIMS. And that's when the fun starts.

Ouch, that hurts my feelings. "bad aimbotters man" and "pistoling people so easy, its a joke" refers to me. Apparently you need an aimbot to strafe around a guy and kill him with an FBW. By the way, "loving gay death theme" is my own composition. I'm thinking about renaming it to that.

Last stage - checkpoint hold. We go to the point, killing them along the way, but two of them are already on it and they grabbed it. We clear the place, Zeo and I get on the roof and shoot people coming towards us. Longhair (mentioned in the chatlogs as Player) is somewhere around, employing advanced field maneuvers like "flanking", "shooting people in the face" and "using cover". We do all of that and we don't even grab the point. This is the chat log during that last stage and everything after it.

It doesn't matter that I missed a lot of times, it doesn't matter that we weren't trying to win. To our enemies I was just a "dick up the bum oval office" - whatever that means.
Also, "Kill Bill"? What does he mean…

Riiight. Some people only saw Kill Bill :smug:

tl;dr: A tale of crim butts that get hurt.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 2, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

don't post

Do you have a problem with posts that are longer than two sentences?

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

CitrusFrog posted:

Ahh, ok.

Also, are any of the weapons permanent or do you just get to "lease" them for a few days?

You have two permanent guns you start the game with. You can also buy perm guns on ARMAS for real money and there were also few code giveaways on different sites that gave basic, but permanent guns, but I don't think there have been any lately.
But yeah, most guns you lease from contacts for 10 days - enough time to earn money for another 10 days.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You know that old saying about keeping your enemies closer than your friends? That's what friends list is for!

Live long and engage!

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 4, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Auto-ready was the best thing G1 came up with:

And for those of you who follow my "friendship" with endol:

We're going through a rough patch. :ssh: He's bronze now

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Styxscout posted:

That deserves a golfclap. How did the guy actually keep playing through that.

I did all the "playing" for both of us.

edit: Those two screenshots are from two different matches. That one death during the afk killing spree? Killed by an enforcer.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 5, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

ack! posted:

How'd you find him or keep track of him? I've had some like that, but spent most the time in each round looking for the guy. Got 15 arrests once from it and agree, they're the best.

Then there's the thing I did for awhile with 2 PCs and 2 separate accounts...

1. They always spawn on the street, so just circle the streets around the point.
2. Kill him, go to the other side of the point.
3. IF the time is running low, do the objective.
4. Go around the point one more time and kill him if necessary.
5. He should start spawning between the old point and the new one, so just drive towards the new point.
6. Once he respawns near the new point, repeat 1-4.

The trick is finding him for the first time. I was lucky enough, this was my second match against the guy and he went AFK at the end of the previous one.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Vinigre posted:

I did something similar when two crim trainees got out of a van, presumably to engage an enforcer. It was a stolen van, so I immediately grabbed it and parked it at the impound 50 meters away and watched it disappear forever. The van may or may not have contained package objectives.

You can't get into a car with objective items in it. Believe me, we tried.
What might still be possible is to find yourself in a car with the items, get kicked off the mission and be able to drive the car as long as you don't get out. I'm not sure about that because it's been a while since something like that happened.

mpyro posted:

How long did it take to dethreat to green?

Hard to say. Losing threat is hard when your opposition is so paranoid, they won't go for they objective when there's a minute till the end and you and your team cleared out the area, or when they're too busy trying to kill you. I lost count of how many times we were on a win streak because of stuff like that.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 6, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Secret Sweater posted:

If you're in a car with mission objectives and you get kicked out of the mission, you get booted out of the car.

Nope, just checked it to make sure. If you've got an item in the back and you get booted, item stays inside the car with you, and people on the mission can't retrieve it.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

I think the customization is the only thing that keeps me in this game.

If only I could change the lens shape…

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 7, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Goofballs posted:

Put him in a shirt and make him fat and you are playing George Lucas

Don't forget to make a t-shirt with "Blue Harvest" on it.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Goofballs posted:

Has anyone gotten one of the try before you buy weapons or is that a premium only thing?

I tried it. It's leased to you for 30 minutes. If you stay in one district and keep the weapon equipped, you can keep on using it until you leave. I tried it the day they announced it and it was only the silenced FBW.

edit: I'm not premium.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 10, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Krowley posted:

It's important to be aware of your surroundings in this game.

Why would they be looking your way when they can be looking at my sexy rear end bunnyhopping towards them with no guns?

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Don't suffer lagspikes while driving dump trucks around, even if you're not griefing it turns out GMs will go N5 and nuke your poo poo if they see it happen to you.

Unfortunately I was there when it happened. He turned himself N5, threw a grenade to blow up MrLongair's dumptruck, and then just went back to normal. Seeing stuff like that sucks the fun out of the game.

Also, this happened sometime today:

Filzee, the Big Game Hunter

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 11, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

http://twitch.tv/mydopefish/b/305127889

You can see me and Longhair in the background in the dumptrucks few times, but the admin fucker starts about 0:22:00

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Didn't you use to play on Patriot? We have an OfficerSnake in Something Lawful on Patriot…

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Some Noob questions:
1)What's the easiest way to tell at a glance whether someone is a criminal or an enforcer?
2)Is there any point to Witness missions? I love the idea of them but so far all it seems to do is give you some paltry money and resets your rep (or whatever its called) to 2.
3)To get missions you just pick 'Ready' and just chill until something comes up right? Is there more to this?
4)What weapon should I be bee-lining for?
5)Perhaps the noobiest question of all, I haven't been able to figure out where the health is displayed, so a little help with that...

1) During a mission it's a standard green=good people/red=bad people names. Outside of that: enforcers have either shields with stars on them or insignias as their icons. Crims have knives, brass-knuckles or some kind of circle thingies.
2) That's all there is. Witness missions are ONLY for taking money away from crims. You don't even level up your roles during them - kills don't count toward weapon progression.
3) Yes, just "ready up" and wait for a mission/dispatch.
4) It depends on your preferences. You like CQC? Shotguns or SMGs. Medium range? NTEC. Long range? Obeya, Obir or HVR. Play and get
5) There's no health display. Your vision gets more black&white the more you are damaged. You'll also hear a heartbeat sound. Find cover and you'll regenerate it.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

I was saying it's been a long time since I got haccused and then this happens: I run into this guy (ninety degree turn snap while auto-firing a joker and some other obvious stuff). This was the second mission we beat this guy.

How does that even work? Does he have a video in which he sees me see him through walls? :psyduck:

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Secret Sweater posted:

You can watch people ESP track you. I had a guy on waterfront below the freeway. The way it was set up, I could see him, but he couldn't see me. He started priming a grenade so I ran back and forth really fast and he tracked my movements exactly without being able to see me or even attempting to anticipate my movement for where I'd be after the grenade's travel time.

So you're saying there are people out there who use aimbots for grenades? But… why?
Anyway, that guy went through a lot - losing twice while your opposition is using only basic STARs does things to a man. I wish one of those guys, the ones with all that video proof of my "aimbots" and all that jazz would send me some of that proof, I'd really like to see how "blatant" I am.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Goofballs posted:

Aren't you the max rank guy who dethreated to green on purpose? Most of the greens don't know what rank means but what they do know is you are green like they are and that you constantly catch them in bad positions and that your guns fire faster and are more accurately than theirs, sure its because you know the maps really well and have mods and experience but they're clueless and think they can play like its Quake. They know they are going to get hosed by some gold guy but someone on their level?

Yeah, that would be me, but you're wrong about the rest. Most of the hackusations come from silvers. Greens and bronzes just accept the fact that they're facing someone who's better than they are.
That last guy? Not only was he silver, with a high enough rank to buy an OSMAW, he had a macroed Joker.

As for stomping noobs - let me just paraphrase what one G1 mod said to us (while he being carried by high golds that were stomping us and we couldn't get any backup) - This is a learning experience.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

This is what happens when you start talking about Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax during APB.

We're Team Pandamonium :downsrim:

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

WildZeo aka Filzee did something to increase the sadness of our panda costumes:

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Today we played a strange match. Our opposition's leader kicked her team and then quit just to not let us lose. Afterwards kept on lecturing me that I should make an alt character instead of de-threating - moaning about OP guns (OSMAW, which I haven't ever bought and OPGL, which I used once) while using a Colby CSG.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 25, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

One-man cheeseburger apocalypse!

I'm scared, guys. I'm running out of ideas for my character.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Wow. Threat icons on the district list are bugged (icon is bronze - "you're trying to joing gold district'), trying to join a HIGHER threat district also reduces your awards.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 25, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Secret Sweater posted:

Well guess I'll eat my words on not adding the reward reductions. I'll have to try this out, but it sounds pretty neat as I really prefer gold opposition.
Me killing bronzes:

How severe are the reductions?

5% for every threat level.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

krael posted:

I sure can, I find being griefed funny sometimes so it's cool with me.

I think I'm gonna hook up with the EU goons unless people are stone dead over here.

There's usually two or three of us playing almost everyday on Patriot (EU2).

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Davoren posted:

I downloaded this during the Steam sale for reasons that I can't remember but I tried it out last night and its pretty fun! Or at least it will be when I have good gear and am playing with goons. Which of the sides are more populated in the EU groups, cops or robbers?

Definitely cops. Just remember to join Patriot (EU2), because that's where we roll.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Huszsersvn posted:

My stance is that goons get their caricatures free of charge, while non-goons will have to pay. I'm in need of some modifications, so I think I'll charge APB$30k for a single caricature. Who are these criminals that want portraits? I should offer my services to them.

30k? You really should go higher than that. I sell default police hats for that much.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

I like CCG. It's almost like OCA's cousin with medium-range capabilities. Then again, the first LTL gun I used was the Stabba Pistol (I didn't hang out at the Waterfront too much and I didn't notice CCG so I thought you had to get to Cop 3 with the pistol before other LTL guns unlock).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

There is someone walking behind you,
turn around, look at me.
There is someone watching your footsteps,
turn around, look at me.

• Locked thread