Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

less than three posted:

lol.

Microsoft Security Essentials is just trying to prevent you from hurting yourself any further :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A door isn't going to make a loving difference to Gaijin, dammit. How easy is it for anyone camping up top to turn the gently caress around and shoot the nearest moron who spends the time and effort bursting through the door in a completely obvious way? Make the majority of the top floor into shootable glass windows and there, you've got your improvement.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

less than three posted:

You too? :3: (Better than mine. >.<)

Clan leaders know how to dress!

Dude, that's loving spot on. It's kind of scary.

Reposting my SR3 themed stuff because it's themeatically appropiate:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh god, I want to go back to APB so badly. I love the game I HATE THE GAME, why does it keep hurting me? I only want to drive around in my bright pink Jericho having awesome street wars. Then... then the map design fucks me, or the ridiculous enemy clans gently caress me, or the hackers crawl out of the woodwork and hound us no matter what instance we go go into.

APB is probably the one game I've spent the most hours on since World of Warcraft. Between APB and APB Reloaded, I've probably spent next to 600 or so hours playing this game. Why does it keep hurting me? I just want to love you, APB. I love you. treat me gently

oh god

:negative:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Trogdos! posted:

I'm thinking of getting back into APB with my friend. Last time I played APB:R I abused the poo poo out of the colby PMG. What's the current fotm OP weapon among goons? I liked CQC a lot more so also: Colby PMG, OCA or are shotguns the closeup weapons of choice?

I just want to get cookie-cuttin' :v:

SHAW got a big buff so it's the new OCA, Joker is still the best all-round gun if you can handle semi-automatic. The high level OCAs and of course the Colby shotgun are still very viable though.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
None of those pandas look the slightest bit sad :colbert:

Also, paint all your cars to look like bamboo.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Morshu posted:

I just decided to try this game out. Is there any way to get a permanent gun other than using actual money? It seems like having to rebuy your weapons every 10 days would be annoying.

Generally, when you find a weapon that works for you, you'll recoup more money than you ever spent on that weapon (Especially with premium). It's only really annoying when you stop playing for a while and log in to find all your weapons have expired, but if you're playing regularly you can generally make back what you paid for your weapon in around three or so good matches.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Fallout posted:

Well I gave it a try and convinced a friend to join me. Lots of laughs were had, but after a night filled with us day-one noobs being matched against golds and people doing 180 snap lockons, my friend says he's had enough. Losing 3v1s is pretty demoralizing.

Don't worry, you'll be back. You can't walk away from APB: Reloaded without a few scratches and bruises. It knows where you live.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Fallout posted:

Well I never said -I- was done, but I do gotta ask for some newbie advice. What are some recommended contacts to max out asap? Which unlocks should I be aiming for? I'm thinking about using some LTL for quicker cash, is this a bad idea for someone who's so new?

LTL depends entirely on how happy you are to be abused. If you stick with it and get good you'll reap the rewards, so it might be a good idea to start now if you're really, really keen on doing it because you'll have no frame of reference on how much easier just straight up shooting people is compared to LTL.

In its current state, though, you're taking APB's vertical difficulty curve and attempting to climb it after covering yourself in grease. It's not very viable unless you're absolutely dedicated (And can rely on your teammates not to get pissed and kick you/gently caress it up by killing your targets)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Edward_Lapine posted:

I recently achieved cop rank 9 (more silly lights for my car!), and I decided to take a break and actually try out the other guns that I was missing out on. I did -insanely- better with a lethal weapon, easily a 4-5:1 K/D ratio.

You have no idea how jealous the lights thing makes me. I have a bunch of cars that just don't look right with a full array of lights, they cover up parts of the paintjob I'd rather have visible. If I do the siren trick where you remove the top sirens but still keep the front end ones so you can still have a siren the car seems too empty, but I'm not willing to go LTL to get those tiny tiny lights.

Out of just over 6000 kills on my main character, 6 of those are arrests. Only 6. In ye olde RTW APB, I had entire montages of my arrests.

I can easily see how getting good with LTL would make you a complete monster with lethal weapons, though, in the same way that learning to beat someone to death in seconds just using a giant foam glove would make you amazing when you actually go and use your fists.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Meis posted:

Just another day in San Paro.

It's a land shark!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Kid made himself the finest ride in all'a Caelondia.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 23, 2012

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrLonghair posted:

The Clangers <3

If you're referring to his av I think you'll find that's The Trap Door :colbert:

Goddamn it, I wish I could buy another 10 car slots. Then I'd make a Trap Door car in a heartbeat.

So I went back to APB over the last week or so and I've gotta say (Although I say this every time I go back), there's been a hell of a lot less in the way of unfair bullshit. There's still the occasional twitchy bastard with uncanny N-TEC abilities and pants-on-head retarded backup, but I haven't actually gotten legitimately pissed off with the game yet in several hours of playtime. When it comes to APB, being able to say that is pretty goddamn severe.

I'm still waiting for the game to do its usual bait-and-switch and after making this post I'm sure a trillion hackers will suddenly appear out of nowhere and six more gotta-have-it bodykits will be released and G1 will personally come around my house and set upon me with cricket bats and knives, but at this point it's all part of the charm. Being able to drive around in a Fresno barging anything and everything out of the way, or getting in my Vegas and flipping it over all in less than 5 seconds always makes up for it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So I just went from Cop 0 to Cop 3 tonight. It took about 5 hours of my life.

I'd love to tell you what a rewarding and skillful experience it was, how every arrest was earned fighting tooth and nail, that I reaped the harvest of pubbie tears and drank deep of their rage. I'd love to tell you that, but I'm no liar.

If you're going LTL then you'd better be prepared for all the heartache and pain to hit you like some sort of horrible tsunami. I think I needed about 40 arrests to get to where I was going, maybe more.

The best place for it is in Fight Club. It doesn't really matter which one you choose as both of them have good ranges for the CCG, but most of the night was spent in Beacon. Stock up on percussion grenades, because when your aim fails and you've softened them up with the CCG, you can throw one out and stun your target, if you're lucky.

Join an instance with as few teammates and enemies as possible, but make sure the numbers are skewed in your team's favour because being outnumbered just means you're going to die constantly. In fact, even when everything is headed your way, you're going to die constantly. There's no avoiding it, you're just going to have to accept that 1/10th of the enemy score is because you're a delicious snack. It's okay though, because everyone else on your team who is using LTL is going to die just as much!

When you've actually stunned them and are heading over to arrest them, several things might happen:

1) Some idiot on your team shoots your victim anyway
2) An enemy shoots you
3) An enemy shoots your victim, then shoots you
4) Your enemy shoots your victim, then runs off because he's an rear end in a top hat
5) You arrest the enemy and then instantly get killed by someone else
6) Another LTL user rushes up and arrests them before you
7) You get to the last second of arresting and then one of the above happens
8) You arrest your victim without anything happening

Discount 8 immediately, because the chances of it happening are astronomically slim. When there's over 6 enemies on the other team you can start forgetting about arresting anyone unless that person is incredibly stupid and running off on their own.

The CCG is like a STAR, but with much more kick and tons less efficiency. It's your only real option though at Cop 0, because both the secondaries are terrible (RIP RTW-flavour PIG :( ). Grin and bear it, get Cop 1, and the NL-9 will become available to you.

It says it's a shotgun, but it's not. It's literally a hunting rifle, you can zap folks across the map with it and it actually does a reasonable (for LTL) amount of damage. One direct, close-up shot followed by a percussion grenade will stun someone, or three mid-range shots will put them down. Here's where your own team-mates become a problem. When there's about 6 of you and an equal amount of criminals, people will be fighting constantly and that means

1) The person you're shooting will be too wounded from previous fighting and will die before you can stun them
2) You'll wound the person to the point an idiot teammate shoots them too

So if you find your delicate little flowers are being pruned with red hot lead just too quickly for you, you might want to switch back to the CCG and hope that its softer touch does the job instead. I didn't, because I hate that thing. The NL-9 actually feels kind of rewarding and once you understand how it works, you can have some fun with it.

Don't expect the fun to last long though, because you still have tons of arrests to do! Put on some soothing music (Seriously, do this, it helps), fasten your seatbelts, because if you're like me and you're not the best shot, you're going to be there for a long, long time.

You wanna know how I got all those arrests? Newbies. I managed to luck out and get into a Fight Club that was literally all bronzes and trainees (And one or two silvers and golds) on the crim team. I went around and arrested them one by one, some of them making feeble attempts to fight back. I saw them hiding behind boxes, but that didn't stop me. I saw them running around corners, that didn't stop me either. I descended on them like some sort of hideous avatar of compliance and sowed their bountiful arrest harvest while their miniscule, underdeveloped minds tried to figure out what they had done wrong to have this hateful, cruel beast condemn them to a slow and cruel wait for the respawn timer.

I wept for them as they wept themselves. There was no joy to be had, merely only sorrow and pain, a constant cycle of rebirth and confinement.

My reward? A tiny light.

A tiny little light for my car.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrLonghair posted:

What I want is more than ten vehicles and themes per character, more than 40 clothing items and more than two costumes.

I ask for too much.

Yes, this. I already have a ton of costumes and don't really mind using two, but goddamn I want more cars. I've put so much effort into putting together the ones that I already have, though, that it's gotten to the point I can't delete any more.

That means that if I really want a new vehicle, I'll have to sell or destroy something that's probably taken me hours to put together. It hurts :negative:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Edward_Lapine posted:

Well put, Secret Sweater and Great Beer. I personally enjoy LtL for the challenge and the raging criminals. ...and the car lights.
VVV

LTL arresting is undeniably two things:

1) The most satisfying thing in APB.

2) The most ungodly frustrating, hate-filled and loathesome thing to actually accomplish ever.

The Stabba CCG is trash, the Stabba Pistol has never been good, the Stabba PIG... we don't talk about the Stabba PIG. It hurts us veterans too much to talk about.

The NL-9 is the only thing that makes LTL tolerable. Three shots to knock someone out, or one shot and a percy nade, and it does decent enough damage to make it a viable support weapon if an enemy has been weakened. And even after all this? LTL requires balls of brass, extreme strategic planning, and a fuckton of patience. I lack all three of these things.

But that one time, that one sweet time you manage an arrest? Holy poo poo does that feel good. Most crims just can't handle it and will go into a murderous rampage. gently caress the rest of your team, you'll be their #1 target and they'll wind up going into a downward spiral of stupid mistakes. Arresting bountied players is also amazing, you'll get a hell of a lot of cash just for doing it (and usually bountied immeditately afterwards).

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Eigo posted:

The stun gun took 2 shots

That's been nerfed so it's one shot, reload, then shoot again. That one minor change has made it less than useless, it's made it a free kill for your enemy. Used to be that if you had the balls, you could run right up to your enemy, taze taze, take the two seconds to arrest them and be on the way. Nowadays? gently caress no. You'll have no time to land the second dart before they turn around and kill you. It's important to note that cuffmate has gone entirely now, you arrest people at the fastest possible speed 24/7 instead of needing upgrades.

Eigo posted:

Stabba about 8, etc. I use to have the best luck with Stabba as long as I had the jump on them and they weren't using SMGs

Still true. I think it fires a bit faster now but the amount of shots sounds about right, you have to take into consideration the recoil of the gun because it kicks more than the STAR. It's not too bad in all honesty but it always seems to take one shot more than is neccesary, if you don't get the drop on them and take them from an unexpected angle they'll have more than enough time to turn around and kill you.

Eigo posted:

I haven't actually played a round since my friend started up, but apparently radar is a 24/7 thing now instead of just when people fire? My friend seems to think so and I remember it not being that case.

Absolutely untrue. Radar remains active when people fire, it'll track people a few seconds afterwards, and then lose them. It's also active when people are in a car. It does not track people who are idle, running or sprinting unless they've shot recently. This is why communication is such a big part of the game, calling the direction for enemies a good time in advance will give you lots of time to prepare.

Eigo posted:

Are the new fight club maps decent/allow LTL ranks? Any other big changes I should know about?

With the fight club maps, you'll want to start playing on Beacon (The under construction building) to get your ranks. I wrote a bigass post on this a few pages back, but since Beacon is so enclosed you'll have lots of room to make ambushes. The dockyard map is way too large and exposed for your LTL to be much use unless you can catch people out in the containers, and even then there's too much verticality so lots of people can drop in on you. Make sure to join instances with as few people as possible.

I got to cop 3 through Fight Club alone, so if you've got experience with LTLing it shouldn't be too difficult.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Ugggh I want those window louvres. I wish you could just buy parts single.

G1 why don't you want my money

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Gasoline posted:

I don't know guys, should I be worried? :ohdear:

This is why APB will always be one of the best MMOs on the market.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh man the valentine's day STAR is everything I hoped for. Aside from HVRs (Which I'm not on speaking terms with right now) the STAR is my favourite gun, I already have a bright pink outfit with hearts and a matching car months before valentines day, gently caress me I need to get the nine trillion kills to get a buyable version because uuugh it's just so good.

E: Also the valentines day tag mod would be great for a team sniper. Instead of (or as well as) calling tags, enemies you've shot will be highlighted for a reasonable amount of time so people'll know who to shoot.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 11, 2012

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

TerminalSaint posted:

Tommy gun owns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlvjgvZq2I

:stare:

I haven't heard the female pain cries today, that's pretty drat amazing. The tommy gun seems a ton of fun, I haven't really come up against it that much but in the right hands it seems pretty devastating. Great noise, too!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

blackteapot posted:

It warns about playing on an east coast server when you are on the west coast in the server selection screen. Am I really going to be at a disadvantage if I play with you guys on Joker? Let me rephrase that: Am I going to be at even more of a disadvantage playing with you goons with the difference in ping?

My american friend plays on an EU server and she's better than all three of me and my teammates combined v:v:v

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Holy christ the tommy gun is incredible. It's a loving meatgrinder at anything up to 15m, if you can handle the recoil then this gun will be your best friend. I can't overstate how much you HAVE to be able to handle the recoil, though, because holy poo poo if you thought the NTEC was hardcore this is going to knock you out of the water. You'll be staring at the birds if you don't compensate for it.

Get to grips with it and you'll be mutilating anyone who gets near you, though. It's like an OCA bred with an NTEC, if you can keep it steady for just a second your opponent doesn't have a hope in hell. Shreds cars nicely too. I'm not sure how effective it is outside of Baylan though, that's the only place I've been using it since this V-day event started. I've found that if you run in between the cargo containers and never climb up them, you'll have crims who are fighting up top hop down when the heat gets too much, allowing you to snap them up while they're weak and unprepared.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Dregs posted:

It just sucks when someone gets close in, I can't click fast enough.

Get yourself the PDW SMG secondary. When I play as a sniper I can't rely on my HVR to protect me up close, but with the PDW you'll at least stand a chance if you can buzz them for a second with it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
here i am... w8in 4 a hansum enfrcr 2 cum wisk me awey...

Celebrating finally getting Valentines Day Massacre rank 4, through god knows how many hours of toil and heartbreak, here's my outfit and car. The best thing? With the exception of the glasses and the devils horns, I've had this outfit for months. I didn't even plan for Valentines day, I just liked being offensively pink :3:

I wouldn't have put the hours in if the STAR wasn't the greatest thing ever. Being able to pernamently unlock a STAR that goes perfectly with my costume? You'd better believe I'm getting that poo poo.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Porp posted:

APB players cannot into English

((Click for making big.))

Tell him for to making the Applejacks flipped, to be turning monitor upside down. That way emblenagotenzen be return to invert-position.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Let's not start this here. Why hate on someone liking a show when APB provides its players with so much raw, unrefined hate from practically every orifice?

For instance: gently caress the Scout. I picked up the valentines HVR because sometimes in the Baylan fight club, the opposition will decide to all go HVRs and just take turns pinning your down and loving you with sniper rifle fire from every angle. So, wanting to level the playing field while progressing my Valentines role, I opened up armas, grabbed the sniper rifle and... yeah, it's a Scout. Been a while since I used one of these!

Since APB began its closed beta in its original form back under RTW's rule I've devoted most of my time to playing as a sniper, but as days go by I've steadily been getting worse at it (And incidentally better at medium range, which is why I love the STAR so much). Still, now and again when the team needs help I'll pick up a NHVR and get to work seeing if I can tag anyone. I love the fact that if you hit someone once, they'll feel it for a good long time, generally enough for your teammates to mop them up.

Not so with the Scout. It's a great gun if you're consistently accurate: Two shots will kill. Consistency is not an attribute that will be associated with me anytime soon. At best, if the target isn't a complete idiot and is making every attempt to not be hit, I'll score the first shot, miss the second shot and potentially hit them with a third. With the base N-HVR, this is fine: The amount someone regenerates won't be enough to keep them from dying. With the scout, if your target is using Clotting Agent 3 (And who isn't these days) and you miss the second shot, you can forget it. They'll have regenned just enough health to allow them to survive even if you let up for just a second, whereupon they'll gently caress off into the sunset and you'll never see them again before someone comes up behind you and takes your head off.

It's frustrating that I was saddled with the Scout because me and that gun do not get on at all. I understand that the tradeoff in firepower is due to the huge amount of mobility it gives you, I'm absolutely fine with that, but I've never seen the need to sprint with a sniper rifle. I like sitting my arse down in a place I know is a good sniping spot and using a gun that allows me to do substantial damage to the enemy.

I can see why they didn't include a lot of the basic guns as valentines variants, mind, the valentines guns are basically cheap advertisements for existing Armas weapons. I'm not complaining, I've had a ball with my valentines tommy gun and I did manage to get some good kills with the scout, but man am I glad to be able to go back to one of my favourite guns when that situation arises again. I'm not kidding when I say I'd rather use the DMR than the Scout.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Daztek posted:

Sadly you don't get any parts for it through normal progression. But luckily you can buy the Compact Kit 1/2 from Armas for only 1499/1199 G1C each!

Wow!!! It's a wonder you don't have your Cisco kits yet!!!!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh god, this game is 110% more tolerable with Teamspeak. Between the original APB and Reloaded, I probably have about 800 hours logged with this game, but being able to shoot the poo poo after suffering in silence for so long feels like such a relief :allears:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrLonghair posted:

a steam roller

They need to add this as a purchasable dump truck reskin.

Cabbit posted:

I feel somewhat unusual in that I don't seem to want to kit my guy out in anything more than a nice button-up shirt, dress pants, some wingtips, and a badge. Then again, maybe I'd feel different if I didn't accidentally make him resemble Steve Buscemi.

You can try doing this, but the APB Effect will get to you eventually and you'll wind up covering it in graffiti, swear words, or it'll wind up pink. It might even do all of them at the same time.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Teaming up with your buddy and playing Rocket Squad in Fight Club: loving hilarious. Expensive, but every shot that landed was worth all the other ten rockets that missed.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Meis posted:

Also am I the only person who thinks the OSMAW is actually underpowered? It can only 1-shot a person if it hits them directly, or within 1.6m of them (which is nothing in this game)..

The OSMAW used to be the endgame of APB in RTW and early G1 versions. If I recall correctly, it had a huge lethal radius, it actually had zero (Or at least negligible) preperation time, and the rocket may have moved faster. The best tactic in these versions was to get a fast car like a Cisco or Bishada, prep the rocket launcher, get in, drive up to your enemy, and rocket them at nearly point blank. Guaranteed murder in absolutely no time.

Nowadays the OSMAW is a complete joke of a weapon. It's the funniest gun in the game by far and one of the most satisfying to get kills with next to the OPGL, but if you're using it seriously then you're going to be struggling because it's incredibly situational. It's only good for vehicle delivery missions when you can easily deny your enemy the objective by popping them over and over, by the time the vehicle respawns and their team reaches it to get it to the objective you'll have enough of a grace period to reload and resupply.

The OPGL deserves its lethality because it requires a certain degree of skill and finesse to fire. It used to be that grenades exploded on impact no matter where you shot them from, making it absurdly unfair, but now the fuse is long enough that if you haven't given them enough travel time it's very easy to avoid. A good OPGL user will wreck your poo poo and long and medium ranges, but up close they'll really have to rely on their sidearm unless they're incredibly good at banking shots.

Mr. Peepers posted:

Man, I tried this out tonight for the first time. It might be pretty fun if 80% of the missions didn't devolve into getting massively shat upon by people with guns so much better it's not even worth trying. Unfortunately it seems that 80% of the missions devolve into getting massively shat upon by people with guns so much better it's not even worth trying. Maybe if at some point in the future it moves beyond that it might be worth playing, but I'm guessing the people with the guns are the people giving money to developers so I'm not loving counting on it.

Like the OP said: You will be humiliated. There are people like me who have been playing this game for unhealthy amounts of time who are still constantly getting our poo poo wrecked, only to turn around and wreck the next group's poo poo, and the best advice that I can give to you is:

1) Play in a group

and two

2) Be on voicechat, even if you don't speak

For all of the unfair matching and meatgrinder guns that winds up putting the bullet in player interest, a lot of winning this game is about taking advantage of positioning, knowing where your enemy is at all times, and being aware of and knowing how to deal with any lovely little exploits. It might seems that you're underarmed and undersupplied to begin with, but the basic STAR is one of the best guns in the game for all distances. There's a lot of "It's not what you have, it's how you use it" in this game.

If you really want to see the game in its best light, take up the goons offer of rolling with some of their better players and seeing what they do. Don't feel bad about getting shut down so much, I've had players who started off neophyte, stuck with it and now can wreck shop on a pretty regular basis.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Mr. Peepers posted:

to get crushed by much better players or to get carried by much better players until I start to turn into one myself.

You weren't far off the mark :v: I don't know why you'd be against having experienced players helping you learn how to better yourself but alright.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I made a new car :3:

Big version. One slot car with nitro. I will tame the Moirai :colbert:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Edward_Lapine posted:

I made a thing.

I wanted a make a new car despite that I love the Packer Vanquero. So, for the fun of it, I made a Homestar Runner Vegas G20!

Making Homestar's head was my first real attempt at making something decent in the symbol designer.

Dude, that's awesome as hell. The only thing I'll have to mention is that as much as that Vegas looks like Homestar, it'll handle like Homsar :v:

Naturally you're going to have to make a Strong Bad Patriot T-25 and Cheat Cisco too :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

QQmore posted:

If we did it like a 'stakeout' might be amusing. Maybe some undercover vegas for good measure?

If your squad doesn't all use a Vegas each you're doing it wrong. That car is capable of completely ruining everyone's day if you swarm people with it, it's basically unstoppable when you get it up to speed.

Of course there's the whole "trying to hit your target" thing that the Vegas isn't good at, but statistically speaking if you throw enough Vegases at the streamer then one of them is bound to hit them :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cabbit posted:

Is this my illness addled mind imagining things, or is the LTL shotgun awesome and accurate and all around very neat? Why don't people use this thing more?

Oh yeah, that thing is baller as gently caress, it's just that any form of LTL places you at such an incredible disadvantage that it's not worth using unless your entire team is rolling it. The reason you don't see more of it is that it requires unlocking by leveling Cop role, and most enfs won't even consider taking up LTL when they can just shoot the crim instead.

If you get good with it it's a great gun to have but most of the time it's just not worth the effort.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Decided to do a screenshot collage of all my current cars:

Huge version here. I also have a Bastion themed Fresno, but it's in the bank currently since I wanted my Moirai :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrLonghair posted:

I regret not finishing a custom cisco project with 100/100 layers looking like a big terrifyingly real dick.

I am literally five years old.

Don't forget the pubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cabbit posted:

Is there some trick to getting stuff to stretch well across multiple planes? My poo poo always clips through the vehicle in weird ways.

Using the mouth on the Monster T-25 as an example, it's just a case of having multiple decals. I had one decal for the front of the mouth and another one for the corners which I put on the sides, stretching just around the corner of the hood to meet the mouth, then mirrored it. You'll notice a small seam where the corner meets the actual mouth in the big version of the picture, but it's only visible if you're looking for it.

If you wanted to make an image that decently wraps around a car, it might be a good idea to design your decal as a whole, save it, then delete layers to seperate it into sections and save them individually. You can then reapply it to your car section by section, lining up and applying it as seamlessly as possible.

• Locked thread