Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007
A few months ago I had a fever, the kind that makes things.. different. Cold feels weird, hot feels weird, your own hands on your head or body feel weird. Everything is warm and you feel weak, but everything has this sort of.. niceness to it. I genuinly LIKE having a fever (as long as I'm not SICK-sick)

So I lay down on the couch, put on some family friendly films and enjoy a day of rest (had the day off anyway).

Finding Nemo has one of the saddest scenes in it. In fact, most of the Pixar lineup has terrible tear jerking moments to it, but I can always hold back with the thought "Seriously, dude, don't cry. It's a cartoon." Well, that thought does not occur in the heat of a fever addled brain.

The scene where Marlon finally gets into the dentist's office and Nemo is playing dead in the baggie, and everything things gets slowed down. That part of the scene where Marlon whispers Nemo's name, having seen PROOF, that his son is loving DEAD and this journey was for naught. The fact that Nemo HEARS THIS and stops his ruse a second too late, his hope of being rescued validated at the exact moment his rescuers have decided to give up as they believe their goal is gone.

I cried. I cried as hard as I did when I cried about not being able to go to my grandfather's funeral because I refused to see him that way. I cried for 35 minutes. In a row. I could not stop. The movie ended before I was done crying. I was bawling. I cannot recall a time I ever enjoyed a good cry more (after I was done). It was a sad cry, for sure, I was not streaming tears of joy down my face and I most certainly was not getting enough air into my lungs because I was laughing. I was BROKEN inside by this movie. God drat I love fevers. It's like being high, and my emotions are heightened. Everything is different in a way I want to explain but cannot.

That's my favorite cry. A kid's movie made a 27 year old die inside a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread