Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jacks_Colon
Mar 30, 2009

This graphic novel really got to me.

There is a forward that reads: "Named after the dogs that tend to stare at the stars wistfully. Just as we all wish for something that we will never possess."

I'm the sort of person who dreams constantly about things, people, places and experiences that will probably never be mine to hold, so the personal effect was strong for me.

Bit of a funny story though:

The first time I read this I was in a Barnes & Noble by myself. I was listening to music and as I continued to read, I came to a part of the book that was extremely emotional. The protagonist dies after forming a very close kinship with the dog. Not long after this, the dog dies as well. There is a beautiful few pages where what seems like an afterlife is shown. The owner and the dog are reunited, happier than ever. The dog is completely overjoyed to be in the arms of his owner and taken for a walk once again. At the moment when the dog and his owner are reunited, this song was playing on my ipod and hit the 2:18 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6wJiweByng

I've never had more difficulty holding back tears in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread