Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So it looks like Avengers second season is Delayed to April 1st where it will premiere alongside Ultimate Spider-Man in a Marvel programming block

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=52503

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

XboxPants posted:

Is there anything that indicates one way or the other whether this fits in with Avengers/Wolverine and the X-Men? From little bits I've looked at it looks like Ultimate Spider-man could possibly be a prequel, but at the very least they don't seem to be going on at the same time.

It is 100% separate, they aren't doing a connected universe.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

So a few sites now have been reporting an interview with Loeb that doesn't sound very good for the future of EMH. There's not a third season currently in production and all he will admit when asked about it is that they have big plans in the future for the Avengers franchise. It sounds like this will be meeting the same fate as Spectacular Spider-man, axed because the production predates the Disney acquisition and it will likely be replaced by a more kid-friendly show.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I'd be down with a 'New Avengers' series, a la JLU. Have the mansion get blown up, do the big Kree/Skrull war, and all the heroes band together, ending with Stark making his skyscraper into Avengers Tower, and them welcoming a bunch of cameos into the ranks properly.

The current show already is essentially Marvel's JLU, they've already had a huge amount of obscure characters and they're going even further by involving other franchises like F4, Spider-Man and the X-Men.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Well, goodbye EMH

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=59099

quote:

From the forbes article: " To that end, Marvel is introducing digital initiatives, new print and comic book titles, and The Avengers animated TV series on the Cartoon Network in 2013."

The article was later updated to remove the "cartoon network part" changing the sentence to: " To that end, Marvel is introducing digital initiatives, new print and comic book titles, and The Avengers animated TV series on the in 2013."

Whether the show will air on Cartoon Network (unlikely) or DisneyXD(more likely) remains to be seen, but regarding the show itself, however, we were able to get some insider's info that you might want to take with a grain of salt. So, below are some key features of the 2013 Avengers TV Series:

- The show will start with the movie line-up. Which means Iron-man, Cap, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and widow.

- The show will be sharing the same universe of the current Ultimate spider-man cartoon and the upcoming Hulk Agents of SMASH.

- Ant-man will join the team later on the series.

- The animation will be a big selling point for the show. and will be made by MAS (the newly formed Marvel animation studio)

- The show will not be a continuation of the current Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

- One of the big villains of the show will be Thanos, in order to promote the character for kids since he is rumored to feature in the second avengers movie.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

I forget, wasn't the flimsy justification for that costume some sort of brittle-bone curse from Hel or something, necessitating MORE ARMOR? Because I'm pretty sure that thing covers even less than usual for Thor. Thankfully Heroes Reborn happened* and got rid of that piece of poo poo post-haste.

*Seriously, as bad as an entire universe of Liefeld was, people keep forgetting that what it replaced was even worse.

So he needed more armor for protection but chose to leave his torso exposed and unprotected where his vital organs are?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

So it looks like that after this weeks Avengers there is a break until June 24th

Not in Australia, they're airing the rest of the season as planned so you can still watch it via :filez:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Realism posted:

Anyone have any info on the next Batman/Superman movie?

If they already done Public Enemy and Apocalypse. The next one has to be Absolute Power right?

Don't tell me they're not doing that one cuz it's too "dark".

That will piss me off

The Next DC Animated movies are Superman Vs. The Elite and Dark Knight Returns. I think these are the only ones that have been announced.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

Wait, huh? I thought there weren't any new episodes until the 24th? Did I miss one? The last episode for me was Beta Ray Bill.

They're airing in Australia

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I hope so. I really want to see this show get a third and fourth season.

It's officially over, they've already announced the series that's replacing it in 2013 called Avengers Assemble that stars the movie roster + The Falcon. There is zero chance of a season three.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Liar posted:

Ah the token black guy... What cartoon superhero team would be complete without only one and never anymore than one.

So does Avengers Assemble tie in directly with their Spiderman cartoon?

It was rumored at first but there's nothing official, the art style in the promo pic seems a bit more realistic than Spider-Man's but there's no way to know that this will for sure be what the style of the actual show is.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

He also took a bunch of his Heroes co-writers and somehow got Marvel to stick them on the Ultimate books pre-Ultimatum and they made Ultimate X-Men even worse, and at that time it wasn't really good to begin with.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

So Loeb hates the separate Marvel cartoon thing, but what's the deal with all the new CGI Iron Man episodes that keep coming out?

That's ending too, they had to wait out the contract on that one because it was made with Nickelodeon prior to the Disney merger. A new Iron Man cartoon is rumored to be in the works for Disney XD along with Avengers Assemble and Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Cliff Racer posted:

Haha, how on earth did they do that? Anyways movie/comic synergy has been around for awhile. Remember the last time Spiderman got organic web shooters?

Nick Fury has a secret half-black bastard son who coincidentally loses the exact same eye as his father and decides to start calling himself "Nick" because he finds out that's the name on his birth certificate despite going his entire life being called Marcus. Also his best friend is Agent Coulson. Yes it's as hackneyed as it sounds, don't read Battle Scars.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Cliff Racer posted:

Yeah what? This stuff was probably driven by Marvel itself, just like their rush to cash in on the Spiderman films was six or seven years ago.

Not to mention the Deadpool explosion when the Wolverine movie came out.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Wow, an Inhumans and an Eternals movie. I'm really interested to see what those turn out to be.

Edit: And a movie covering Whedon's Astonishing run? Wow. I'm at least glad that Marvel are getting back into the animated film business in a big way; Planet Hulk was awesome.

Are those movies? I found most of the articles unclear. I think these may be more of the Motion Comics like they've done with part of Astonishing and with Extremis. That's why they say "wrapping up" Whedon's Astonishing.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah, the motion comics are pretty awful But I bet they're cheap as hell to produce.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I wonder what this means for part 2 of DKR?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

E the Shaggy posted:

Just saw the screener for Dark Knight Returns Part 1.

Its great considering its basically a word for word transition of the original work. The animation is solid and the voicework grows on you.

One glaring omission though is:

Superman doesn't show up at all, which is actually leading me to think that he's not even going to be included. This might be a mandate from the higher ups that they can't have Supes be portrayed as a government flunkie right before Man of Steel comes out. Should be interesting to see how this alters the ending

Superman is in part 2, Mark Valley is voicing him.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

Is there any animated DC material on any of the major streaming sites? Preferably nothing I have to pay for like renting something from Amazon. I know there used to be some stuff on Netflix but is that all gone now?

I think Superman/Batman Apocalypse is on Netflix unless its come off recently

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Chaltab posted:

So what are the most recent rumors saying about the rescheduling?

I saw one completely unsubstantiated ridiculous rumor that Didio forced the pushback because Stephanie Brown is in an upcoming ep of Young Justice and he hates the character so much he pushed it back.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Revol posted:

I've seen the episode, and there is a blonde in a purple jacket who could be Stephanie. But she was never named. And there was a Virgil look-alike too.

She's named in the credits but the rumor is still ridiculous

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Under the Red Hood was decent

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

E the Shaggy posted:

Watching Under the Red Hood again.

I was really sleeping on Dimaggio the first time around, guy makes a GREAT Joker.

I liked him too. He was smart not to try and ape Hamill and a more brutal Joker fit the tone of the story better. It came off as kinda of halfway between Nicholson and Ledger.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Has anyone else watched DKR Part 2 yet? It went up on iTunes last week.

I really enjoyed the second half, the fight scene with Superman was really well done.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Justice League, Batman Beyond, JLU and Brave and the Bold will all be added to Netflix on the 30th

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=75871

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

No Batman and Superman TAS?

Doesn't look like it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Has Loeb written any major cross over events?

Does Ultimatum count?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I actually really like Ant-Man's characterization on the show and them changing Ultron's origin iso that it was a collective team failure instead of it being all on Pym was a good decision.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I wouldn't call Freeze an A-lister anymore, nobody's done really anything interesting with him since Batman TAS that wasn't just a retread of Heart of Ice.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I love the idea of a comic that focuses on the behind the scene people in the villain world. The death trap contractors. The filmmakers that produce and edit their threatening videos. Costume people. It could be like a venture brothers comic that only focuses on the bad guys.

Although not villains, I always like the Damage Control concept at Marvel. A team of superhumans who work as a cleanup crew fixing all the damaged buildings and infrastructure after superhero brawls.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

The Wolverine half of Hulk Vs is pretty entertaining and has Deadpool in a pretty good supporting role. Don't watch Dr. Strange or Invincible Iron Man, I recall them both being pretty terrible. Superman/Shazam was pretty good too actually even though it's not feature length.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

redbackground posted:

Points against Year One for actually having to hear Seleeeeeeeeena! instead of just reading it.

Red Hood was surprisingly solid; I just wish DiMaggio had spent some more time working on his Joker voice.

I liked his take actually, it was kinda halfway between Nicholson and Hamill.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah, Brent Spiner was easily one of if not the worst Jokers in recent memory.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

WordMercenary posted:

Aye, I think it's more about trying to capitalise on perceived trends than costs. 3D animation is dominating the cinema and they're trying to ape that trend, but it doesn't seem to fit the TV economic model anywhere near as well.

Either that or they all used to be massive ReBoot fans.

The difference is Reboot actually looked pretty good for its time.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

That batcave looks so empty and dull.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Would it be more profitable to sell direct to Netflix or something?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Marvel needs to copy what DC does with their DTVs and just adapt famous storylines.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

Well, if Bleeding Cool is to be believed (I know), Wacker is moving to animation which would be loving amazing if he's taking over from Loeb.

I imagine that would just mean that they're splitting TV between them so Wacker would handle animation and Loeb would handle live action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

As someone who doesn't really care about the Marvel Cineverse, but has hopes for what Marvel Animation can be, it's still a big deal. Wacker's been a great editor when he's not a huge rear end in a top hat.

I'm hoping this means they improve their DTV offerings. The recent Marvel ones have all been pretty terrible. DC at least has been approaching theirs smartly by adapting popular storylines and I think marvel could easily do the same.

• Locked thread