Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
I've been going through Batman: The Brave and the Bold and I loving love it. I was kind of just ambivalent on it before, catching random episodes here and there, but gently caress is this show good. While there's a few episodes here and there I don't care for so far, it's overall a really fun series. I'm almost done with season 2 and I really have to say that "Chill of the Night" was as good as I had heard. I really liked how it was a huge homage to B:TAS wrapped around a well-written story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
Accidentally stumbled upon the premiere of Ultimate Spider-Man this morning, both episodes were really good! They actually address the team-up thing (and some of the concerns people are talking about) as Spider-Man says that he will agree to join but he still wants to fly solo as well. So, looks like it won't be all 100% team-up. I really liked it and I appreciated that they went into a different direction than retreading the same ground as Spectacular.

Also caught the season 2 premiere of Avengers, it was excellent of course. Hulk and Ben have the best dynamic.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
You probably were because that episode was anything but filler, considering a bunch of different plot threads all advanced in the same episode.

You are right about that part being kind of silly, you would think Artemis would have been more careful around Psymon considering she is friends with a telepath that she's known for several years...

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
Superman TAS is much more.. boring and stilted vs Batman TAS. It has some good episodes but most of it is pretty awful and hard to watch, even in the face of some of the worst BTAS episodes. When I had re-watched the entire DCAU over the course of a couple weeks, I actually skipped 80% of STAS because they are mostly so uninteresting.

• Locked thread