Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Medical posted:

So when these make a billion dollars, what fantasy properties will Hollywood greenlight to try and cash in?

The Silmarillion :colbert:

I imagine "Music of the Ainur" being like a Fantasia-style audio-visual feast, before following with a series of no-expense-spared adaptations covering Quenta Silmarillion and everything that follows :allears:

Edit: If not films, at least give me an epic mini-series! Is that too much to ask?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nuggan posted:

Eärendil sailed there, but he was half-elven, so i guess thats debatable on if he counts.

Eärendil's voyage occured before the changing of the world, so far as I remember. Indeed, Eärendil's pleas were part of the catalyst for the 'War of Wrath' that happens at the end of the First Age. The Changing of the World was triggered by Numenoreans breaking the Ban of the Valar, and landing at Aman - it happens at the end of the Second Age.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

There's a shot of that at 1:51 here http://youtu.be/6e-3i1ploR4

Jeez, the segment that begins around the 8m30s-minute mark is a little mind-bending. John Howe and Alan Lee working together - one drawing in red, the other in blue, to produce drawn concept art in 3D :psyduck:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

CerealCrunch posted:

It's ok, you're not the only one that didn't get the joke.

And I got quoted twice, so I can't even remove my shame :doh:

• Locked thread