Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
The video of the flames is astounding. Whomever put the camera there was a flipping genius.

No, I won't say what flames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dor1
Jun 5, 2011
I personally didn't think Will i am was that bad, mostly because i expected absolute poo poo, but the show could have done without it.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Please TG, drop the SIARPC segment already. Should've been done 10 series ago. Swap it with 10 minutes of James May teaching you how to do basic mechanical work or something. Even a still shot of him drinking tea would be better.

Jezrael
May 1, 2005
the bagel is an adequate vessel of nutrition
Yeah it's pretty rare for me to like the siarpc. I guess they feel that it will help boost the ratings, even though people who watch the show are already watching it, and anyone else would have to wait through a half hour of boring car stuff.

Also, it's probably cheaper than producing much of anything else. And as much as I'd like to hear James ramble about mechanics, the show is about entertainment, not education, so they would never do that.

dor1
Jun 5, 2011
SIPARC has just turned into the standard celeb plugging whatever they just released, compared to a few years ago when Clarkson insisted that "we don't do plugging on this show"

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

SIPARC needs to be reserved for people with no experience but really excited, or car people who are really excited. People who are just there for screen time need to be skipped.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I wanted to punch William I Am right in the middle of his face for the shitey sunglasses and the retarded hair.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So was that clutch really from the noble?
It looked surprisingly 'not hardcore' for something with 650bhp.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Man, I supposed I shouldn't surprised about racism after that mustang thread from a few years back, but that latest SIARPC sure seems to have brought you all out again.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
What does Will.I.Am's race have to do with the fact that he sucks :confused:?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

A5H posted:

Perhaps the fact it catastrophically failed during normal use and this are related somehow.

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

A5H posted:

That and the circumstances of the failure seemed pretty weak, he wasn't slipping it like hell doing rollbacks or anything. Good that they actually showed a proper failure though, whenever something high end breaks it always just gets rolled away and fixed behind closed doors. Lambo did a promo run with the Aventador in outback Aus, the harmonic balancer shat itself the car was instantly swept away.

coolskillrex remix posted:

Seemed like the flames lasted a long loving time on the track from the lambo. Is that the lambo burning off excess fuel?

On fast revving race engines where fuel economy isn't a major design criteria it's much easier and safer to tune the car to be overly rich. I Imagine the fuel and spark timing reacting to a 100 ms gear change at full throttle, where either side of the gear change the engine's at max load and suddenly for a short spurt in the middle hardly any fuel is required. They kill the excess torque generated by the motor by reducing the spark timing but a shitload of unburnt fuel makes its way into the exhaust.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I refuse to believe that Richard was actually in that garage removing that transmission, though. That's quite a bit of a stretch.

Not to mention if it wasn't even his car, they wouldn't let him tear it apart.

Cmdr Will Riker
Mar 27, 2003

Dodoman posted:

What does Will.I.Am's race have to do with the fact that he sucks :confused:?

Don't you know anything? The only people you are allowed to hate are white males, lest you be characterized a misogynist or racist.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I thought the car Will designed from scratch was pretty awesome looking. :(

Except for those god-awful headlights.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Yeah, I didn't buy that Hammond was working on the Noble at all, but then I was really surprised to see one even opened up on location. I guess because it's not realy a super-hi tech exotic, it's easier to do, but I thought cars like that were impenetrable to anyone other than the manufacturer?

CornHolio posted:

It's not designed from scratch, it's a DeLorean with the world's worst bodykit.

http://i.imgur.com/gV5T5.jpg

You can see the original doors/headliner underneath all that poo poo there.

echoplex fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 30, 2012

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

echoplex posted:

Yeah, I didn't buy that Hammond was working on the Noble at all, but then I was really surprised to see one even opened up on location. I guess because it's not realy a super-hi tech exotic, it's easier to do, but I thought cars like that were impenetrable to anyone other than the manufacturer?
Any decent engineer at Noble is probably fully prepared for the company to go bankrupt and for the customers to be forced to fix it in a variety of experienced yet untrained garages.

It's kind of the Brit way in general.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

CornHolio posted:

It looks like a kit car copy of a Lancia Delta.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I can't see anything but the 1999 Mustang in the grille.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

The front end looks like the rear end of a Saleen S7

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

echoplex posted:

It's not designed from scratch, it's a DeLorean with the world's worst bodykit.

http://i.imgur.com/gV5T5.jpg

You can see the original doors/headliner underneath all that poo poo there.

Awww. I still like it, though.

Except for those horrible headlights.

Absentlife
Apr 5, 2007
Imo the Noble was the best looking of the three. The Lamborghini is a breathtaking car, but I think they went a little overboard with it. It's way too wide and compared to the other three almost vulgar. I still think the Gallardo is the best looking from their line up.

On the other hand the McLaren looks way too "safe". Looks too generic for a supposed super car

Straw Dog
Dec 9, 2008

by Ozmaugh
Will Dot I Dot Am Dot bored me to tears and his car design is as atrocious as his music.

Had a lot more fun watching this episode than the deservedly-maligned India special. A speedy return to form by the TG guys.

If I had to choose between the McLaren, the Noble and the Lambo, I'd go for the 458. I think it was kind of the point of this whole episode.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

The first Italian tow truck driver is all that was needed to make this show brilliant again. I laughed so hard I woke my wife up.

Absentlife
Apr 5, 2007

Straw Dog posted:

Will Dot I Dot Am Dot bored me to tears and his car design is as atrocious as his music.

Had a lot more fun watching this episode than the deservedly-maligned India special. A speedy return to form by the TG guys.

If I had to choose between the McLaren, the Noble and the Lambo, I'd go for the 458. I think it was kind of the point of this whole episode.

Yeah, the 458 looks better, sounds better and probably drives better than either of those three. Ferrari really know what the hell they're doing

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Absentlife posted:

Yeah, the 458 looks better, sounds better and probably drives better than either of those three. Ferrari really know what the hell they're doing

I was surprised they were so far apart from the 458 at Imola. I know it's The (Italian) Stig and everything, but all three of their cars posted noticeably faster times around their own track (McLaren 1:16.2, Aventador 1:16.5, M600 1:17.7 with a Cold condition) than the 458's 1:19.1. I would have assumed even with less skill they still would have been able to close the gap to around three seconds or so. I was wishing they would have Italian Stig do a lap with each of the cars after the fact just to see if the faster times would have translated to a proper F1 track.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I HATE CARS posted:

Man, I supposed I shouldn't surprised about racism after that mustang thread from a few years back, but that latest SIARPC sure seems to have brought you all out again.

He's a zero talented oval office who was a boring guest. How the gently caress is that racist?

The car was awful too.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

I HATE CARS posted:

gently caress off. No one has posted anything even remotely close to racist. He was boring, that's why no one liked it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I HATE CARS posted:

Are you for real y/n

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I enjoyed that episode, save for the SIARPC section. You know, what with him being black and everything.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Absentlife posted:

Imo the Noble was the best looking of the three. The Lamborghini is a breathtaking car, but I think they went a little overboard with it. It's way too wide and compared to the other three almost vulgar. I still think the Gallardo is the best looking from their line up.

On the other hand the McLaren looks way too "safe". Looks too generic for a supposed super car

"Almost vulgar" is a perfect description of what a lamborghini should be.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

lord funk posted:

The first Italian tow truck driver is all that was needed to make this show brilliant again. I laughed so hard I woke my wife up.
At least now we have a better idea of what Gabe's really been up to since HL:Episode 2.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Terrist posted:

He's a zero talented oval office who was a boring guest. How the gently caress is that racist?

Because he's black duh. Just like not knowing who the heck "peta 23 from essex" is is a clear example of male privilage/gaze/triggering/boobplate.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Wait am I supposed to know who that guest was? I'm not trying to be a smarmy hipster or something, I honestly think I've never heard of him. I thought it was another UK person I've never been exposed to but apparently not.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Piano posted:

Wait am I supposed to know who that guest was? I'm not trying to be a smarmy hipster or something, I honestly think I've never heard of him. I thought it was another UK person I've never been exposed to but apparently not.

He's a member of the Black Eyed Peas.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Piano posted:

You dont want to. My ears are still bleeding from the "music" that craptacular "band" produce. It is some of the utter worse bile to be vomited up by some producer with computers in the last 20 years and that includes all the latest PYT's that have nothing other than bouncing boobs for talent.

This is a man who takes Fergie and uses her as the very definition of talentless boob bouncer and screeching harpie, while completely ignoring she can do this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmTf31MAe8

gently caress him and his deadshit "band"

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

You dont want to. My ears are still bleeding from the "music" that craptacular "band" produce. It is some of the utter worse bile to be vomited up by some producer with computers in the last 20 years and that includes all the latest PYT's that have nothing other than bouncing boobs for talent.

This is a man who takes Fergie and uses her as the very definition of talentless boob bouncer and screeching harpie, while completely ignoring she can do this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmTf31MAe8

gently caress him and his deadshit "band"

So I take it you've never actually listened to any BEP because she literally sings like that in a good 80% of their tracks? Also consistently wears more clothes than that video in the BEP videos? Reading this thread made it seem like Will.i.am sat there pretending to care but his interiew was pretty interesting, I'd say it was just average at worst.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 30, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Muffinpox posted:

So I take it you've never actually listened to any BEP because she literally sings like that in a good 80% of tracks?

I take it you are tone deaf?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

I take it you are tone deaf?

I take it you've taken all of your BEP impressions from 'I gotta feeling' and 'Imma be'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

The guy is a lucky as hell talentless bastard who paid to move his family to a better place and is trying to start a business where he came from to improve the community.

Whatever he is, he's doing good with his money.

Can we stop talking about whatshisface and move onto CARS? :-)