Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

KozmoNaut posted:

Best bit of the episode, IMHO:

"Why can't we do a Christmas special one year where we go from Miko* to Portofino? "How luxurious can this be?"."

"I was the first to check in to a 5-star hotel, and as you can see I've done it properly: a man is carrying all my bags."

"But then Jeremy arrived" *Dumb horn*

"Oh my word, Jeremy. Look what you got as your car, it's the new Ferrari FF."

"I wonder where Hammond is?"

"Hammond had indeed checked in to a Formule Un in a Renault 4."

* Miko, Barcelona?

Is it wrong I really want to see this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Does anyone know why SIARPC is still part of the show? Besides one or two they are all horrible.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
My only problem with the Chinese piece is that it wasn't long enough or in depth enough.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rated PG-34 posted:

You think they would have at least compared those Chinese copies to their Western counterparts. My guess was that they were also somewhat hampered by the state in their coverage.

That was my guess too, don't bad mouth our cars too much. Still I wanted to seem them drive the crazy mini thing.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

djdanno13 posted:

I got a laugh when they introduced Hammond as the pace car driver to... a couple claps. I keep forgetting that outside of our little community on the internet and their 6 min segment on 60 minutes almost two years ago they are virtually unknown over here.

This is a moment that at least to me comes off as scripted. If there is one place in the US that knows everyone in Top Gear, it's a NASCAR event.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The car chase sounded really fun in a pitch meeting, but died in production. As the VW ad they did a few years ago was great.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I was sure I had seen the race at the beginning, it was on one of the dvd.

I love the Jeremy and James do some kind of history segments. I get the feeling they they like each other way better then they like Hammond.

I can't get into TGUS.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The clear answer is a real cheap car across china, or maybe one across the great Australia. Or a 1500 dollar challenge across Canada (no car would make it)

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
They should also do the Alaska highway in cheap "people's cars"

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Is it wrong that I think the old people's car was kind of a good idea. New cars are too complex

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
All I know is this episode made me miss my 850R :(

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Cakefool posted:

I'm going to have to "defend" Volvo here & say the aircon might be working as good as it was when it rolled off the production line. I've never been in a pre 2004 Volvo with good aircon, even it can be proven to be working.

Heated seats however, the Swedish are gods at that poo poo

In my 850R the aircon worked and the heated seats didn't.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Preoptopus posted:

So nobody is looking for cheap as poo poo property in Spain then?

Would you really want to buy anything build to lovely modern standards that has been sitting empty for 5 years?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I don't know why, but I laughed so much at the Hovervan ruining people's lunch. Just the massive failure of the thing made it funny.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I realize it was pretty scripted, but drat if I didn't laugh at Clarkson in the supermarket

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Tsuru posted:

I love how it almost seemed like they spent longer staring gleefully into that valley and remembering a war no-one outside of Chelsea cares about, and then driving through a nightmarish radioactive hellscape going "oh right yeah and there is that exploded nuclear power plant thing too!" :britain:

Honestly, It was a super important war to the modern world which no one learned any lessons from.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Its too bad they are about a month early for the transport truck death run thru 100 mile house "watch out for that moose"

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
How did the Lotus not break down, was it a magic lotus?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Stephen Fry is the only good interview, but he's an international treasure.

The worst was the weird homeless musician.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

yaffle posted:

Just don't try to open the hood.

http://youtu.be/jTNKiTrX0Vk

Why the gently caress would you build a car like that?

MadScientistWorking posted:

The best fire trucks are always airport ones. They always look like a piece of military equipment and less something used to fight fires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBvzlEbbDts

Most airport trucks are adapted from a military design, they can also be used for fighting large specially fires in major cities.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ColHannibal posted:

My favorite was when the guy doing the demo said "The only time the hood will ever be up is when it is in the shop".

He honestly seemed to be saying that because he was afraid to break it otherwise.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh man, I hope they can somehow put the Koenigsegg Regera on track with the 918, P1 and LaFerrari.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but a man can dream.

Unless Koenigsegg has changed their stance, they don't really care what the top speed of their cars are or how fast they go around tracks.

The last model was rumoured to be faster then the Veryon but they don't be bothered to max it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PT6A posted:

Goddammit BBC, you only had two decent shows to begin with, and now you've gone and suspended one of them.

What a poo poo network.

Did you count Wolf Hall in that?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PT6A posted:

I've neither seen nor heard of that show. Are there decent things in Britain that never make it to BBC Canada, so they can show more old, lovely soap operas?

Take everything that PBS has ever shown that isn't about nature or children and there is a good chance it a BBC production.

It airs in North American in April, and Jonathan Strange and Mr Norvell is due this summer.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

I like the Guardian as a newspaper, but sometimes I wonder why I like it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mooseykins posted:

I'd like to gently caress/date/whatever Taylor Swift, just so she would write a song about what a oval office i am. I think that would be good.

She would write a song about you being a oval office and she would be a boring missionary only in the dark style lay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ii_Q_taNBI

Why is the only time I like Russel Brand is when he's being honest to himself about random poo poo "I like Clarkson but he's kind of a throwback"

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

sean10mm posted:

They should just integrate his offensiveness fully into the show and make his punishments part of the broadcast. The profits are so large that he could be paid an even bigger salary specifically with the intention of docking him huge chunks of it and giving the money to charity.

:buddy: "Well, Jeremy, you colossal orangutan, last episode you were a huge twat towards... (looks at notes)... the Inuit? How the...? Well, anyway, let's spin the the Wheel of Morally Unimpeachable Charities and see how it comes up!"

:wotwot: "It's... Médecins Sans Frontières!"

:smuggo: "Could've been worse."

:wotwot: "For five hundred thousand pounds."

:smuggo: "Which, if I'm not mistaken, is the largest television personalty fine... in the world! And on that bombshell it's time to end the show, thank you very much for watching, good night!"

Could you imagine everyone at the Guardian's head exploding.

"Thanks to you being a huge twat Jeremy, Top Gear has given one million pounds to worth causes".

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mustache Ride posted:

I...uh...

I want to see these episodes now. Badly. Hammond and May seem to be in "Don't give a gently caress" mode in them. Its glorious.

Hammond looks like I did the last time I got laid off, poor fucker.

I hope all the studio segments involve them ripping on Clarkson right up till he shows up in the last bit, where they really rip on hi!.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

serious gaylord posted:

So its now come out that the BBC offered Clarkson his job back last week and he told them to get hosed.

So I guess that Netflix show is a go then.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
At any point did this get a few reshoots, it kind of feels like it did.

Also the BBC really doesn't seem like they wanted to air this at all but kind of got forced into it just based on the ending.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Amazon doesn't even offer streaming in my country and won't accept my credit card to pay for it.

Piracy for me.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bull3964 posted:

The article said that in locations where Prime streaming wasn't available, they were going to try to work out local TV distribution.

Given that I live in Canada I don't think that will happen.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
TSPM lights are also pretty well know for going off on a bunch of car makes due to the fact they don't test them for a Canadian winter, GM cars are horrible for it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
If their is one feature I'd love to pull out of my car it's the TPMS feature.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

He's the new stig

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

it takes an hour and a half to build a mini, for shame. I think Honda still pumps out Accords in about 54 minutes minus the paint shop.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

IndianaZoidberg posted:

It's good to see Sabine since it was looking like she wasn't going to be involved. With Sabine and Matt LeBlanc, I will give this so called "Top Gear" a chance when it goes out.

I also like that the BBC isn't trying to force 3 person chemistry. With that many presenters, I am going to bet Top Gear is going back to its roots and start giving more consumer advice on cars and looking at cars that the mortal would own...along with supercars and challenges of course.

So they are going to try to make the show they keep cancelling?

Good Job BBC

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

serious gaylord posted:

Evans top gear has been delayed 2 weeks, its episode count cut from 8 to 6 and the executive producer has quit citing his 'tyrannical behaviour' for the reason.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/12175789/Top-Gear-producer-quit-show-over-Chris-Evans-tyrannical-behaviour-sources-claim.html

Car crash tele.

This is going to be a loving trainwreak

Preoptopus posted:

It might just be the angle, but id say Clarkson has been hitting the gym.

Did they give them boats for some reason?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

MrOnBicycle posted:

I will watch a couple of new episodes of Top Gear, but mostly because I want to see Chris Harris and Sabine Schimitz, and maybe Joey from Friends.

I feel the show would be better if it was just these three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

He's basically retired for acting so I don't think he would want the job even if offered.