Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So was that clutch really from the noble?
It looked surprisingly 'not hardcore' for something with 650bhp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ryan Reynolds seems like a nice lad.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope they are legit making the die hard chase because the last one sucked.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

ColHannibal posted:

I'm blind, explain.

AE86!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I absolutely despise that dr who bloke and I'm not sure why. I went to make a tea when he was on.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I know one of the front row birds. They split her up from her not as attractive friend haha.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

kylej posted:

No way. Clarkson will want the Viper. He fell in love with the ZR1 in the previous American special. The Viper is a car synonymous with simple, brute force power. Clarkson laps that stuff up.

He has the Lexus.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good ep imo. I really like that ginger fella.
Also the last segment seemed like it was written for Will Ferrel and Jeremy just did his best :newlol:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fo3 posted:

Yeah the voice over saying "Jeremy has insulted Duncan Bannatyne and now he too is out." was the only funny part of that segment. In fact the funniest part of the whole show. I wasn't too impressed with the whole show really, it wasn't that great. The Pagani segment bored me, only the Bentley rally was decent.

Do you even like cars or fun or laughing?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Amy McDonald is so perfect :allears:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can someone to a gif of clsrksons girl in handbrake turn reaction please haha?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

opengl128 posted:

I've always been curious when they do the car sports thing and beat the poo poo out of a bunch of brand new cars; who pays for them? Does the BBC buy them all then fix them? Rent them and fix them afterwards? Sell for parts? Aside from the body damage I'm sure the drivetrains take a beating too.

Kia give them all the cars they want because its a 20 minute advertisement on one of the most popular shows in the world for free ????

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hate daft jokes too that's why I browse the joke free forums at something awful dot com.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Aren't they just some cut slicks like R888s or corsas which are legal?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What was the song like 10 minutes in that was a bit twinkly but then dropped and sounds like a guy says 'OH!' or something?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thanks! But the one on youtube doesn't have the guy shout? Is it a real specific version or something?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

kloa posted:

It sounded like a cover of that song to me.

Yeah same. I'm so annoyed that shazam can't find it haha.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You can defos do it we had a look about earlier.
Eg: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volvo/850/volvo-850-t5r1996/1057700

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why are we spoiling things that already aired this is retarded. Keep out of the thread if you are watching it on catch up...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Did no one watch it? I enjoyed this episode, it was quite hilarious. It's also probably the only time this season I'll watch SIARPC.

I hated it if I'm honest. Dull and boring cars. Pretty crap and reused jokes from a few series ago. Really disappointing. Even the cinematography didn't seem on point really.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sadi posted:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I really didnt like the last segment. But I hate over the top nationalism and it just felt like pandering to the audience to me.

Hmmm yes why would a loving entertainment show pander to it's audience?! Makes you think.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

a primate posted:

I love the 4C but I have a soft spot for Alphas. I'm most looking forward to the P1 though. Should be interesting to see it shred it's tires. I can't imagine why they didn't go AWD with it - to save weight, I guess?

Because 4wd cars are boring and fail. Essentially the opposite of what an alfa should be. Argh.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

pik_d posted:

It's Alfa, not Alpha.

The P1 isn't an Alfa Romeo, it's a McLaren (which also shouldn't be AWD).

I read the first and last sentences somehow haha.
Also McLaren care about building quick cars and 4wd really isn't the way to go. Pagani and McLaren know wassup.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh my god the p1.
Looked sketchy as gently caress going round spa like. I've done that circuit in the wet in something with a third of the power and it was bad enough.
Lame they didn't do a lap however. Dammit.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

AWD isn't the way to go because of coolness or speed? If it's latter, Porsche, Lamborghini and Nissan would like a word with you.

The McLaren will be faster than the porsche. What's the torque split on that anyway?
Lambos are a bad example imo, they aren't good around a track. Their quickest cars are RWD.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

drgitlin posted:

No, the best Alfa was awd:

Alfa Romeo 155 DTM by Mark Haverty, on Flickr

Wow what a bad opinion!!!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The 037 is better than an integrale anyway what the gently caress. Not only is it nowhere near the best Italian car ever made it's not even the best Lancia ever made.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's almost like, he played up his personal experience, for a joke?! I feel like you shouldn't watch top gear if you don't get that.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good I'm glad there's an entire page about paying for petrol.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I do not like the gtr but I'm pretty sure my boss has ordered a p1 so I'll let him tell us how it is. I expect it's completely loving berserk though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Holy poo poo. How dangerous is it to drive past Chernobyl?! How long would it take to get a lethal dose??

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What happens if you sniff a bit of the dust??

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm assuming that the manufacturers give new cars to the show to use. What happens to them afterward?

They are usually press cars and the older rare stuff is usually private owners lending it to them.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I was impressed to Hammond's commitment to lift off oversteer down those mountains he was fully committed and if it went wrong he was in a stone wall.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's a lot of money for a slow car. Would much prefer a renaultsport Clio.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You Am I posted:

If you're shopping for a RenaultSport Clio, you'd use the Fiesta ST as a comparable car, not the 3 cylinder.

Obviously, just pretty similar money I mean.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Burma looks a bit poo poo. i'd also like them to do a special like this in bowlers or something mental and fun.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tsuru posted:

Fairly solid special so far, but I do have some beef:

I was mildly annoyed by their antics in the narrow street. It just seemed unnecessary and over the top.
Scratching up people's cars, knocking over their merchandise and fondling their powerlines. I was expecting them (JC in particular) to be dragged from their cabs and beaten up at any second (or at the very least get zapped by the powerlines). Then again I suppose a lot of abuse is permitted when you are trailed by a large crew with endless stacks of cash in a largely Buddhist country.

And then the petulant teenager dumped a ton of bricks on the only road through the hills. Nice work.
Maybe a lovely Vespa suits JC better for traveling through this part of the world.

Hahahaha.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Maybe they should complain about their extensive poverty and corruption issues in India before whinging about havign a laff on a tv show in England idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Edit: gently caress.