Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Seems theyre getting lazy and dont realize that everyone can see the scripted gags from a mile away. The only parts where i was entertained was when poo poo actually could have gone wrong, like when the banner fell out of the train and they freaked out, or driving at night. Maybe they all feel like theyre getting too old for this poo poo, but i think without a certain element of suffering like in the south america or vietnam specials you have specials like this where they have waiting-in-line be a 10 minute gag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Sweevo posted:

What do all the good specials (US, Bolivia, Vietnam, Africa) have in common - they buy local vehicle on shoestring budgets. Make the journey itself the challenge - get a crap, broken, unsuitable car thousands of miles through an unfamiliar country.

Taking reliable cars with them removed all the fun and any sense of difficulty. The choice of cars didn't affect any of the challenges in the slightest way. They could have all taken completely different cars and nothing would have been different.

They should have had a challenging route - through the crazy traffic of Bombay and out into the wilds before the hard mountain climb. Clarkson in a Premier Padmini, May in a Hindustan Ambassador, and Hammond in a Maruti 800 - all as old and as crap as possible. Let them break down. Let them ruin the cars. Let something actually happen.

I thought the same thing.. $7k pounds buys you a nice condition car with good reliability and doesnt make for exciting anything. Although my memory was wrong and i though they bought cars for cheap in britain for the bolivia episode but turns out i was wrong

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Seemed like the flames lasted a long loving time on the track from the lambo. Is that the lambo burning off excess fuel?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

kylej posted:

All the people who say "Top Gear needs to be more about real cars"... please no. That hot hatch comparison at the start was awfully boring.

Part of the problem also stems from hot hatches just being really boring cars to review in general.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

yaffle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTWcEjj0w3s
Looks ok, but I'm still not sure about Chris Evens.

The fact that they didnt show chris harris once confirms they are out of touch. The guy tens of millions of views on youtube, and is one of the best automotive journalists to date, let alone compared to his co-stars, yet he isnt worth showing i guess

Also was it just me or were there no humorous bits there.. besides matt leblanc sneezing there wasnt even any physical gags to keep it going (someone intentionally bumping into another car or falling on their rear end) or any of that.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Is it just me or has there not been any good music in the grand tour? Its either boring or actually really bad. I mean i know that the BBC had an awesome almost unlimited music license but I feel like amazon has dropped the ball here and they need to license some more obscure movie soundtrack stuff. Theres like a gross amount of butt rock harmonica that seems to be making its way into otherwise decent footage..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Does anyone else think the music is really boring or just plain bad?

Episode 6 had faint hints of good music but most of the time its just really BAD. I understand bbc had an awesome license so music didnt really cost top gear anything but amazon needs to work on licensing film soundtracks again..