Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
And once you hit season 7, they're only 6-8 episodes each anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

KuruMonkey posted:

On the flip side; when was the last time a government official complained about a sesame street episode? :ese:

Probably when Katy Perry's tits were flopping all over while singing a song with Elmo. It didn't make it to air.

I'm struggling to remember when exactly it was in the late 90's or early 00's when people were suddenly granted the right to not be offended by something they had direct control over seeing or hearing. Especially poo poo they'd otherwise never have known about had it not been for the media making a big scene. I remember a big backlash over 'the name that rhymes with a female body part' on Seinfeld. All they said was 'Dolores'!

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

fivre posted:

I assume it'd be a lot like any of the caravan episodes.

Yes. Lots of fire.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

I didn't even bother watching the second half after SIARPC. Next week sounds like it could be amazing though...

Jeremy, Richard and James embark on an ambitious project to build mobility scooters that can tackle the wilds of the British countryside.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

This one?

(from the TV/IV thread)

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Hmm...I wonder what this unaired segment was about? It's the only thing from the season premiere teaser that didn't make it.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

japtor posted:

I'm not sure if it was actually like this or it was just the camera angles, but I liked that it never appeared to drive completely straight, like the "rear" wheels were always slightly off center.

It looked like it was crabbing down the road before he even modified it, probably due to the damage it incurred from the 3-way collision.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

What about cheeseburgers and American cars?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

They said the x-mas special would air in February but there's only one Sunday left and still two more season episodes to get through. :confused:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

nmfree posted:

The post I quoted was talking about Man Lab, not Top Gear. James May posted on Twitter that they were filming a Chrismas Episode of Man Lab, which hasn't aired yet.

Oh I know, I was just wondering about them saying the Top Gear x-mas special would air in February a while back. Turns out it airs March 3rd.

Then Part 2 of the special airs March 10th. :haw:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

The second I started reading that, all I could think of was James May's Autocar prank.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

They only got $1000 to spend for the US special though, which is already way less than £1500 even before the conversion.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Wikipedia posted:

The Liana endured considerable abuse from the stars while undertaking their laps. In one incident, actor Michael Gambon clipped the final corner, taking the car onto two wheels. It was done in such a spectacular fashion that the corner was named "Gambon Corner". Michael McIntyre also had a similar experience to Michael Gambon in the Chevrolet Lacetti, almost rolling the car on the last corner. Tom Cruise later went around the last corner on two wheels in the Kia Cee'd. When Lionel Richie drove the Liana, one of the front wheels fell off, invoking Clarkson to coin the term "pulling a Lionel". Trevor Eve also lost a wheel. The former British transport minister Stephen Ladyman added further injury to the Liana by denting the boot when he lost control during practice and slid backwards into a tyre wall. David Soul destroyed the gearbox of two Lianas during his time on the show due to his rough driving style. Patrick Kielty broke the Liana's front suspension during series 4 when he drove on the grass. Christopher Eccleston was the only celebrity to use a Liana with an automatic transmission, because a hesitant Eccleston admitted he was "only qualified to drive an automatic." To accommodate his needs, Top Gear succeeded in borrowing an automatic Liana, of which only 40 existed in the UK. As a reference to his role in Doctor Who, the automatic Liana was shown materialising onto the racing track, with a TARDIS materialisation sound effect played over it.

The Liana has also been modified on several occasions. David Soul's Liana featured a red police light and a white stripe in reference to his Starsky and Hutch role. Johnny Vegas was provided with 'L' plates as he had not passed his driving test at the time. When Justin Hawkins came on the show, the Liana he drove had flame decals pasted on it. Actor Sanjeev Bhaskar had an ornate tissue box placed in the back, an homage to Indian drivers.

In its service, the Liana covered 1,600 laps of the circuit; its tyres and brakes were changed 100 times; and it required six new clutches, two new hubs, driveshafts, wishbones, struts and gear linkages and a replacement wing mirror.[26]

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Loved the TP rolls on the Subaru's wiper arms after the production crew used the hood scpoop.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Looks like another new RPC party! Maybe Angelina Jolie will show up this time. :unsmith:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Didn't they have an episode not too long ago where they put British cars up on podiums somewhere and had British planes flying around and poo poo? Just a bit too soon for an encore already.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Maybe The German will suddenly acquire a taste for celery.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

I'm sure Hammond had some asbestos underpants on or something.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

It was pretty blatant, although I didn't catch it right away as I haven't heard the term used in years. I'm not even sure if I've ever heard it outside of old war movies.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

It's still there. You could see the 'ZERO' part of SUB-ZERO behind Hammond and May in the news segment.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Gillian Anderson is adorable. :allears:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Kind of the crew's fault for pampering him and May throughout the entirety of the 'rescue Hammond' mission.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

It's pretty funny (though I am devastated Top Gear is done before I got to see the SUV challenge) that the UK is freaking out about this so much.

Me too. I really wanted to see the XJ in action before and after they intentionally rolled it down a hill.

It's kind of symbolic, actually...http://gfycat.com/SparseFinishedGermanspaniel

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Noone young says that, I was born in the 90s in Brisbane and I've heard gook and chink but never slope.

Other than when Christopher Walken says it to young Butch in Pulp Fiction when talking about the watch, I've heard it maybe twice in my entire life.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

^^^
That's what I was wondering. If 20 minutes isn't a journalistic exaggeration, then no one in the production crew really seemed to give a poo poo about Clarkson's escalating antics and clearly didn't care about stepping in to defuse the situation before it turned physical.

Or maybe they all hate Oisin and secretly wanted to see him punched in the face.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I do feel like this thread has given me brain damage, yeah.

Do you have an unexplained taste for celery now?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

About even with his gun handling, I'd say.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

The last eps are coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFaOF5tG2uY

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

mustard_tiger posted:

Oh hey 30 new posts in the Top Gear thread! I wonder if there's been some news relea... :yikes:

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeremy-clarkson-confirms-new-car-show-with-former-top-gear-mates-2015-6

quote:

Clarkson, Hammond, and May are back.

Jeremy Clarkson has confirmed to the Sunday Times that he will return to TV with a new car show

Joining the bombastic Brit on the new show will be his former "Top Gear" co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May.

Although the publication reports that an announcement is expected in a matter of weeks, the exact network on which the show will air has yet to be confirmed,

However, sources told the Daily Mirror's Nigel Pauley that the ex-"Top Gear" trio— along with former showrunner Andy Wilman — are "very close" to a deal with Netflix.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Holy poo poo, those rims :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

edit: Ohhhh duh $400 not $4k. Wow that is a hell of a deal if it really was $400!

Was it though?