Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Haven't looked yet. There been lots of complaints for food wastage and animal cruelty yet for the mini-special?
Think about the kind of people who always complained about Top Gear, and you have your answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

wolrah posted:

Lots of lovely fake SUVs have low range. Basically all of Jeep's car-based trash offer it. Freedom Drive II on the Compass and Patriot, Active Drive II on the KL Cherokee, and Active Drive Low on the Renegade. The KL actually even has a locking variant with a true 4WD mode (Active Drive Lock) on the "Trailhawk" model, but it's still a lifted Dodge Dart rather than an actual truck.

There isn't really a hard line to draw anymore. You used to be able to say ladder frame only, but plenty of proper SUVs have gone at least partially unibody and some have been since day one. All proper trucks have longitudinal engines but not all longitudinal SUVs are proper trucks. True 4WD or AWD with a locking center diff is also a strong sign, but not a guarantee. Some vehicles you'd never expect are actually properly good off-road (first-gen Porsche Cayenne for example) if equipped with a reasonable wheel/tire combination and driven by someone who isn't afraid to get dirty.
That's why I just go with "Does it work off road?" as the metric.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
This week's episode has been brilliant, loving it.

Also, someone's been watching Initial D. As they bloody well should be, obviously.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I assumed they accidentally stacked them into each other while filming and had to rewrite the story to suit.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

So Harrisssssssss' was damaged on the right, Matt's on the left. Are we to assume that Harris was following Matt trying to twin and Matt hosed up?
Could be either, but something like that is what came to mind.