Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Jeremy is undoubtedly a racist, crotchety old man that pisses a lot of people off and did A BAD THING. I don't care, I still want to watch those 3 fools together faffing about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ferremit posted:

im going to guess that Australia gets screwed again and we have to resort to torrents to get this. I dont have prime because Amazon.com.au is a kindle bookstore and im not likely to sign up to prime because minimum shipping from the US to Aus is around a week and a half and costs around 75% of the value of what you order, IF they even deliver outside of the cont. US anyway!

For fun, they should stream it to AUS for free, but do it so that the format is locked upside down.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I read somewhere that game of thrones only has a budget of around 6 million per episode. So yes, 7 million is a LOT.

I'd heard 10 million per GoT episode. So, still a LOT.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Make it one of those awful Porsche SUVs that rich people buy instead.

No, a Panamera. I see too many of them around, need to thin the herd a bit.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Everything I read about Andy Wilman makes me like him more. The guy sounds awesome to work with/for.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hammond can't deal with getting older can he?c

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Oh christ he was fine in that clip.

He's still not good and only popular for that stupid singing in a car in a car nonsense.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ola posted:

What the heck is the crying thing in :finland:?

How have you been on SA since 04 and you don't know what that is?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Really good show, glad it's back. Echoing the thoughts that the celebrity bit was just a spoof to say that bit is dead (good)

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Why have the driver talk at all? I
It’s almost like a silent driver with host commentary would be a better solution. I wonder if anyone has done that before?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Someone mentioned Jet Blue having a sponsorship deal last episode because of course they did but is this new? Too Gear couldn't what with the BBC right?
Seems like that's a thing I'm noticing more and more.

Aside from the fact that none of that stuff Jeremy tried would work, it was beyond unbelievable too because JetBlue doesn’t have any classes, there’s only economy. At least pick one of the other airlines that has a domestic first class

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:bisonyes:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

:laffo: I'm only up to episode 4, but what a treat. Not nearly enough motorcycle for my liking, but that's ok.

As for so-called Top Gear, I was dying when Freddie turned up in the Le Baron.

I was in tears when James couldn’t keep it together in Kyoto after he entered his name wrong into the tour robot.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Data Graham posted:

The back better be the line about that bridge

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

In the episode with the sheep shearing, Ellen sounds just like Kaleb and I assumed she was related to Gerald and Kaleb since according to the credits, it appears Gerald is Kaleb’s dad (same last name), but Ellen has a different last name.

E: also - the small town folk that live in the Cotswalds village near Clarkson have to absolutely hate him considering the traffic jams when he posted on Twitter for his shop :lmao:

Cacafuego fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 6, 2021

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:lol:

Move over, Farmer Clarkson. That sidekick, Kaleb Cooper, is outstanding in your field

quote:

Like many TV stars, Kaleb Cooper is mobbed by fans wherever he goes. On a birthday trip to Stratford-upon-Avon last weekend he was asked for selfies by a gaggle of England football supporters, and women on a hen night told Cooper that seeing him had made their day.

Unlike most TV stars, he is a 23-year-old farmer whose idea of relaxation is driving a tractor. Cooper has shot to fame as Jeremy Clarkson’s sidekick on Clarkson’s Farm, an Amazon Prime series set in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire.

His enthusiasm for farming, his no-nonsense attitude and withering put-downs of the Sunday Times columnist have helped him become the breakout TV star of the summer.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:toot:

https://youtu.be/WX7-3E6cirQ

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Jehde posted:

The joke is that he's eating ortolan bunting.

Welp, that's disturbing.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just photoshop a giant foot into it.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

CornHolio posted:

I thought it was alright. Not their best, not their worst. Worth watching once. The Nigel bits were the funniest, really all of the parts in the wax museum were great.

Agreed.

sock it to me! posted:

Hammond roasting Jeremy about being too fat for the little car was great.

Also extremely good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

pik_d posted:

Also I enjoyed James May in India, shame it was only three episodes for such a large country, but they were good fun.

:same:

That Maharajas Express was wild. Nothing like the true Indian experience: a 7 day, $7,000 train ride in opulence through a developing country surrounded only by more rich white Brits. (James gets a pass)