Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That would mean he managed 4.3mpg, so he pretty much got what he deserved there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If I remember correctly the roads between where he lives and the TG studios are mainly single and dual carriageway, almost all 60 and 70 limits, which means 90 and 140, lots of twisties and few speed cameras :getin:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hell I'm annoyed I have to use hola to watch US Netflix, I don't care about the petty bickering, just let me watch anything and take a small amount of my money every month.

E: motherfucking Maloo HSV :black101:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nearly choked laughing at that, superb.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Speaking of terrible taste, terrible cars and terrible rear visibility, I saw a newest beetle today and a: liked it, b: wondered how it would look and how much if any visibility you'd lose if you vinyled the rear window to look like an oval window of old.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ten years ago I went on holiday in a country that drives on the wrong side, hopped in a hired 4x4 and drove both on and off road all day, no issues. It's real easy imo.

After I'd taken 2 seconds to verify the pedals weren't mirrored or something stupid :haw:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, it seems Ferrari are even more dickish than I had thought possible. That's seriously absurd.

Also, that Peugeot segment really was amazing, but that poor SW20 :(

I've seen that mr2 in the top gear car park before, not all of that damage was new and it never moves.

Also my wife was fiercely protesting the Peugeot drivers segment until I pointed out she pushed the passenger side sill in parking in front of our house once, halved the value of the car in one stroke.

If I had a Ferrari to lend them I would, with a giant vinyl sticker of a middle finger to Ferrari on the sides.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If you're watching top gear to get a clear view and a straight forward review you're in the wrong place.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pff, Porsche twats nothing, I'd kill for a narrow body 911. Mass murder for a singer.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

The anti-lag system is lunacy in the best way.

How about we...

FIRE!

Well we could use...

FIRE!!

But that's...

FIRE!!!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InterceptorV8 posted:

So who the gently caress do I need to pistol-whip?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=list+of+uk+celebrities+and+politicians

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Who did we have before May?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

They could just get vicky-butler henderson. She was on old top gear you know. She can drive and is a good tv presenter.

She's a good factual presenter but she's not funny. And having James be the tallest on the show would be weird :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I think Hammond is funny but yes there is obviously a difference since the accident.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Isn't romani far more racist than pikey? As it lumps all travellers together with one European ethnic group?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

They should have run the rest of the series with Stig doing Clarkson's parts. gently caress him.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Top Gear returns! Mid season death match special! Next episode, the new presenters are chosen via a series of challenges!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Is it worse than Motorweek? They rarely criticize cars beyond complaining about window switches.

There's a car reviewer that regularly marks Volvos as nearly the least safe cars, because if you're a loving Muppet you can technically jam the seatbelt end between the release button and the body of the seatbelt receiver.

I can't remember who it is though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

So what were the cars used for the reef segment? Obviously a landy, a peugeot 206 hatchback, I think the one between them was a 406 saloon? No idea about the 4th one.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I think it was actually a 306, as the hood had a cut for the badge.

Good call, GIS backs you up.

Shoren posted:

According to the Amazon x-ray feature, the four cars are a Vauxhall Corsa, Peugeot 206, Peugeot 306, and a Land Rover Series II.

There was a fifth that they dropped onto the corsa, something boxy.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The huge tunnels between the rear wheels and engine bay are a great hint that they've really pushed the boat out on balls-out aero.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

This would have been ok if TGUS hadn't already done a Cuban special and did it much better.

I haven't seen the TGUS bit but I just watched the MCM Cuba segment and it was really entertaining.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rory seems okay out of the studio, really stiff and pointless in. I quite like leBlanc.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Anecdote: my brother has met Mike Brewer twice and says he's actually quite a likable fella in real life, when he's not playing his one and only character, the cockney twat.

Incidentally I've also met Chris Evans in real life, also not a twat when he's just taking poo poo about cars, but instantly switches to HEY HEY I'M AN INSUFFERABLE GINGER oval office as soon as there's a camera on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

Anecdote: my brother has met Mike Brewer twice and says he's actually quite a likable fella in real life, when he's not playing his one and only character, the cockney twat.

Update, I asked my brother about Mike brewer again and apparently he was a complete bellend when someone politely turned down a cash offer on a car they'd spent years restoring with their parents and had no intent of selling, so maybe he just puts on a nice face for the non tv public.

In my experience how someone behaves when they don't get what they want is pretty indicative of who they really are. Apparently Jay Leno is like that too when people won't sell things to him?