Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Does anyone know the episode where Clarkson is reviewing a supercar that is so easy to drive anyone could, and then it shows a dog driving it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Good god the front row was hot today. It's like they're not even trying to hide it.

The one in the white top with the gigantic tits was awesome. Pity no closeup of her.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tsuru posted:

If James ever had a show of his own where he could just talk about planes or drivetrains or pushrod suspension or whatever without Clarkson interrupting him all the time with his irritating willful-ignorance-skit I'd be all over that. I saw his U-2 special the other day and it was loving brilliant.

James May On The Moon? That was one of my favourite shows, EVER.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The racing was brilliant, and they all looked like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves. That's when I feel Top Gear is best.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Matlock posted:

I just watched S4E3. It's the one with the $100 car challenge that Jeremy wins by sheer thriftiness alone. The series really is getting into its stride at this point, and I am so glad that the Jason Dawes days are far in the rearview mirror.

With the 1 pound Volvo? That was an excellent episode.

EDIT: Does anyone know which episode has the Mexican abuse? I want to show it to a friend.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 22, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So.... is USA worth watching then?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Unfortunately the specials without Clarkson are usually pretty awful. Remember that "post-apocalyptic" one?

No, which one was that?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Yeah I was waiting for the Beetle to at least make an appearance.

I'm sorry, when I think 'worst car in the world' I don't think of Ferraris, so no matter how much they try, I can't be convinced it's even remotely in contention. The SC430 at least still has 300 horsepower, despite being terrible in every other way.

I think this car really brings it home because the previous model, the Soarer, was actually a pretty drat good car. My friend had one, comfy, tons of power, and a nice cruiser.

The 430... goddamn.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Foehammer007 posted:

Amy MacDonald. :swoon:

The funny thing for me is I have a friend with the same name.. I sent her a message asking if she was aware she'd been the SIARPC. Her response was 'well, I have to keep busy somehow...'

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

marsisol posted:

Just caught up on the first part of the special and I think this has got the potential to be the best. Is it just me or is the music more...prominent or something compared to other specials? We need more Top Gear combined with The XX.

It made me so happy when Africa started playing :3:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That was absolutely fantastic. Very, very happy with this series.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So TG is back?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That was a good episode. I liked them accidentally focussing on hot russian girls over and over

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:lol:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

The thing I thought was most interesting about this week was the braking test. I know the highway estimates are high on purpose and those were fancy performance cars but seeing them stop up at like 1/3 the distance was crazy.

Performance? Forget that, seeing a loving Continental GT stop like that was the most insane thing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Drint Blasters posted:

Someone in the music department of Top Gear must really love Command and Conquer 3

They've used that a lot, haven't they? I remember a lot of the Halo soundtrack showing up a few seasons ago as well.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GutBomb posted:

Long shot: Hammond had a can of Stag Chili.

he also had miss vickie's salt and vinegar chips and those things own

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

azflyboy posted:

Yep. When the incident originally happened, someone found a mix of DMV records and an old photo proving that plate had been on the car for several years prior to Top Gear buying it.

and that there were exactly two cars of that spec even available at the time

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah seriously who is chris evans what's he done and why should i be interested

i'm not being a dick these are the three questions that popped into my head when i read this this morning and i don't have the answers to any of them
and worse, i can't make myself care enough to look into it :/

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hell put william shatner on there his ego is certainly big enough

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

I hope wherver Jeremey, James and Richard land they get the budget to do big stunts like Top Gear pre-2008:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJdrlWR-yFM

Ever since the financial collapse it felt like Top Gear restrained itself quite a bit. Now that they're free of the BBC hopefully they can do whatever they want.

for a second i thought you meant that top gear stuntman they did for a while

i do like that they actually did try various things and retire them or keep them as needed

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Flint Ironstag posted:

Even though everyone knew what the outcome would be, Mclaren F1 vs Veyron was a drag race many, many people wanted to watch. And they did it amazingly well.

Yeah, I'd be about 99% certain the Veyron should have beaten it off the line, I always thought they had the McLaren launch faster as a salute to it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

wolrah posted:

I recall hearing that the Veyron wasn't a press car but instead was borrowed from a private owner who didn't want them to use launch control.

makes sense, but I still like the thought that they wanted to honour the McLaren. Because those boys have a massive hardon for that car. As do most of us

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

the most important question of all though is who will people complain to when they're offended? i assume amazon will tell them to piss up a rope and there isn't any higher authority that governs them is there?
you mark my words, this will be the start of our society's decay

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

in all honesty i was impressed the bbc protected them for as long as it did, they pissed off some very vocal groups of people over a very long period of time
i'll admit i'm not british though so maybe the british attitude was different to that here in nz, where they probably would have been gone in no time

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I would honestly watch an extended "news" segment as a show since it's mostly them just ripping the piss out of each other. The cool poo poo they do is a bonus. Oz Clarke for first guest please

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i started watching top gear again from the start and it's certainly not terrible back then but you can see it needed some work, the cinematography has improved endlessly though

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Riven posted:

The Polar Special is the first one in HD and man it's a clear improvement. They also got their structure down. I do love early on though that Jezza doesn't draw out the lap times, and starts to do it as he realized how much the stars care and are on the edge of their seats. You can really see a lot of things evolve.

I do love that May's first appearance he's promoting an old, slow, impractical car. That he owns. And has to ride his folding bike 7 miles to drive, because he has to rent a garage outside London to keep it in. And it's his only car.

it's really pretty interesting how they play may as the doddering old professor type, when if you watch any of his other stuff he's actually a really fascinating guy who is passionate about an enormous amount of things, everything from music to beer and wine to home handymanning

actually jason dawe wasn't bad to be honest, and i kind of enjoyed his whole 'this is what you can get a deal on' segment... but man, it wasn't the right place for it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i realise this is taken completely out of context and it is the sum total of my experience with the new top gear, but gently caress.

the audience all look bored shitless, joey seems to be doing the most canned 'look interested' hand movements possible, and that ginge picking away at his ears and grinning awkwardly

yeah it's pretty safe to say i'm never going to bother watching it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

George Smiley wants his glasses back, you sneering oval office.

you take that back

gary oldman at least made them look good

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Think it says a lot that this thread has fallen off the first page of AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jesus he looks bad. Is he seriously hungover?