Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
the series where they had two stars in every episode :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Here is a wiki of all the episodes and their contents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_episodes

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Clarksons Motor World India was about three times more interesting and hilarious. Also I think fame got to Hammond's head not to mention an awful hair stylist.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

s0nar posted:

I want a special where one of them has to take the backup car.

James did in the Morris when they raced cheap sports coupes in the Alps and his Capri broke.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Am I having extreme dejavu, or did they cut up an old top gear episode and a Jeremy Clarkson special into that Saab review?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

I was specifically talking about the part where James and Jeremy compare the Saab to a jet.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Do we know how fast The Stig does a lap in the current Reasonably Priced Car?

Some say that's his actual car!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
That loving Morgan is ridiculous.

Also best Stig lap ever in that thing.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 5, 2012

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Im surprised they did not mention the 1931 Phantom 2. http://www.sportscarmarket.com/car-reviews/english/2455-1931-rolls-royce-phantom-ii-merlin-special

Not only does it have a real Spitfire engine in it, but its one that fought in the Battle of Britain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bdt52l1oSU
:smug:

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 5, 2012

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

mod sassinator posted:

Ah that must be where I remembered it from. The budget must really be tight this year--this is the second somewhat recycled bit. :(

Its not the first time they have recycled stuff from Clarkson's movies/life. I mean his movies feature a ton of the same super cars that he tests on the show although sometimes there are inconsistencies in some of his reviews. Some would be surprised to learn that Clarkson has been to the Makgadikgadi Pan before the show with his family on ATV's. Apparently his daughter found a Diamond out there.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-on-quad-bikes-2006-11-01

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

alex314 posted:

It's about time they visit Poland, baltics and Russia. City SUV challenge on horrible polish and russian roads.

Moscow to Magadan in City SUV's in less time than the Trans Siberian Railroad would make my wildest dreams come true.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Solenna posted:

Holy poo poo we just watched the episode where they go through the southern USA and they nearly loving died at that gas station. People going after the camera crew is hosed up.

Not really. It's the south and they begged for it. Although I promise you the same thing would have happened in any small northern town in Wisconsin.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Jut posted:

You mean that wasn't staged like pretty much everything else they do?

There is an article about it in the Sunday times but I don't have a membership.
But here is the gist of it. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/07/richard-hammond-says-i-top-gear-i-crews-scariest-moment-was/

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Maybe if they only used race car drivers it would be way more interesting. I always watch when they have the F1 stars on.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Looking back at the first seasons of UK New Top Gear, they were forced and awkward a lot of the time. And although the cars were really cool, it was still not organized properly. I think the same thing is happening in the US Top Gear. The presenters have had a good opportunity to learn to work with one another enough that the show is getting a certain momentum and personality. I thought episode was great but agree that perhaps over edited.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Brilliant episode. Its like Top Gear UK with all the fat trimmed off. Should be called TopGearSuperleggera

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Season 7 ep 3 is my all time favorite.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Cojawfee posted:

I haven't watched his wine things, but I haven't been bored by anything May has done yet. He takes on boring subjects and makes them interesting with history and knowledge.

Watch them now. Its not only amazing but super informative. I impress people super hard from what I learned on his two wine adventures. The drink to Britain is pretty much a beer show.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So James and Jeremy have been keeping themselves busy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nenQI4HrUhk

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MrChips posted:

The Bentley rally was pretty awesome, though.

"Man in road" was my favorite part of the whole episode.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Well if its all out then its "flat" so like 4 flat right over crest into bridge.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
The first race was ten years ago! I feel so old. :smith:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

VodeAndreas posted:

"If we talk your car up a bit can you give us 10 of them to ram into each other?"

I don't mind the PR spin if the results are worth it... It's been a long while now since they last played soccer/sports with cars.

Sports with cars just needs to be a real thing. Its surprisingly entertaining to watch and I bet is way more fun than a demo derby to take part in.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Presto posted:

Having just seen the Mustang vs. train race on BBCA, the fuel capacity of the car is actually 60.5 liters, not 50. And when it says 50 miles left, that doesn't mean 50 actual miles. Those are car computer miles, which don't have much relation to the physical universe.

Clarkson loves to be very literal when it comes to cars. I feel like he expects cars to be exactly what they say they are or claim to be with no room for error. Any thing else and they are broken or made poorly or magic or something. I also think its his personal sick hobby to find these inconsistencies and exploit them for our entertainment.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Pretty sure there is a new season of ManLab comming out but I was just captioning the photo.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Can I just say God drat!?

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 4, 2013

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I just dont understand how jeremy's spine works. Also goddamn epic episode so far.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

mobby_6kl posted:

Great special so far, hopefully part 2 will continue delivering.

While Jezza's BMW was quite expected, I really have no idea how May could think that a lowered turbo brick with huge wheels and skinny tires is a good car to bring to Africa. Didn't they make crossover V70s before that became cool? Because that's what I'd get if I had to have a Volvo.

Especially after bragging about how anybody who doesnt buy an 80's Mercedes for an African adventure is an absolute idiot.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
go go volvo

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wanna see Hammond's repair job up close.

So he broke his control arm and sway bar? Or am i misunderstanding something.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Cakefool posted:

Yup, and repaired it on the side of an African dirt track well enough to beat on it to the finish. Support truck aside that's impressive.

haha, no i was just confused while watching it because British car language is a bit different. A makeshift welded control arm out of bits of the sway bar is pretty impressive indeed.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
YOU CANT SLAM SPORTS CARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MrOnBicycle posted:

Holy poo poo Clarkson's looking old. Almost to the point of wondering how long he'll be able to keep doing this for much longer. I mean he's only 53 for pete's sake.

Drinking his body weight in Gin is not doing him any favors.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I was entertained for an hour of my life. Not gonna complain about that.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So nobody is looking for cheap as poo poo property in Spain then?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Mister Kingdom posted:

Where's the gas tank in a mid-engined car?

Lamborghini found out the hard way with the Miura it had to go in the middle. When it wasnt busy spraying gas onto the exhaust manifold and exploding, the front mounted gas tank would become lighter as it got empty lifting the front to a point where steering turned into a mere suggestion rather than a command.

I also kind of got mad at James for not going into the crazy detail that the Singer has to offer and explaining why it cost so much aside from the man hours. Such as every little fitting and linkage plug and wire was completely professional race grade. (IE the 30,000 dollar wiring harness)

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 31, 2013

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Watching American TV report on world sports especially the Olympics is the most loving annoying thing in the world. If America is loosing a sport, they flip it to one we are 100 percent winning like snowboarding or basketball and cheer look how awesome we are.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
OP should be updated. Episode was mediocre but I look at it like a little primer for the series. p1 next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fucknag posted:

The slower and shittier, the better. Some of the best fun I've had was pushing my Blazer around highway onramps, (by hand) on the edge of (emotional breakdown) at -2 mph.

In the case of my beater corolla.