Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

A5H posted:

So was that clutch really from the noble?
It looked surprisingly 'not hardcore' for something with 650bhp.

Perhaps the fact it catastrophically failed during normal use and this are related somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

rawrr posted:

It actually managed to make NASCAR seem kind of...fun.

The Montage helped with that I think, also not showing 1 million laps.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Nothing it's just a lovely building with weird bricks.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It's a flat man, I don't see the problem.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Residency Evil posted:

How the hell did they get that shot of the M5 drifting, then pausing in time, moving the camera, and unpausing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KtghA0rkDY&feature=player_detailpage#t=29s

I'd assume it was something similar to how they did it in the Matrix.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It is a gif, just not an animated one for some reason.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Preoptopus posted:

I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

Does this mean that James May builds a trainset and watches celebrities attempt to wallpaper a room is getting new episodes?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

SpannerX posted:

Not UK or US TG, but Don't Drive Here is an interesting series so far. I've only seen the Manila one, but my god! Andrew Younghusband, the host, also does Canada's Worst Drivers, another one of my favourite shows.

It's not on amazon, it's not on netflix, they don't have episodes or even clips on their website and it doesn't have a wikipedia page. It's almost like they don't want you to watch their show.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Backov posted:

The electric SLS is a stupid toy for stupidly rich people.

This is different from the Black SLS in what way?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cat Hatter posted:

Don't forget that since most (all?) credit card readers on gas pumps now require you to enter a zip code for verification, you can't use one if you don't live in the US. Only found that out last weekend from a friend who was on a road trip with a Canadian.

Some here let you debit the charge but that requires them to put a 24 hour hold on $60 or so so you're out $120 until the hold clears if you buy $60 worth of gas.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Preoptopus posted:

It would be like Japan invading Guam with barley any army and holding the entire population hostage and then America carpet bombing the piss out of them (again) Well sorta anyway.

It would be like Japan invading Guam after the USA had been told by the UN to negotiate a handover 17 years ago and then after failing to make any real headway after effectively 2 decades the USA declared that people living on Guam weren't actually US citizens while the US was pulling all its military assets out of the western Pacific.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GutBomb posted:

It's going to be difficult to have on any channel that's funded through advertising. Right now, a car manufacturer can't threaten the BBC to stop advertising on their channel in response to negative reviews. On Sky they can do that easily. That's why there's hardly anything negative said on the US Top Gear.

I do wonder what happens to the magazine and the international versions of the show if the UK one dies, since they are franchises, not remakes.

Premium youtube channel.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Looking forward to buying the season 22 dvd with 2 episodes worth of deleted scenes.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cole posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no. no they wouldn't.

i was getting kicked in the ribs while doing push ups when i joined. you know what happened to that NCO? he got promoted a few months later.

Your NCO wasn't a celebrity and it didn't get in the news.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cole posted:

If the British military behaved more like American military, maybe they wouldn't be 0-1 against us in wars.

They fought us to a stalemate in 1812 also what the gently caress are you even going on about, that workplace violence should be encouraged?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Tomarse posted:

Chris Evans is a loving twat who the BBC love to overpay. Didn't they sack him once too from the radio 1 breakfast show?

Despite this, he isn't too bad a presenter if you can put up with him and is definitely a 'car guy'. Enough of the population also seem to like him (10 million people listen to his current radio show) such that he should be a popular enough name for top gear - in the UK at least where we actually know who he is...

He got fired for not showing up to work while he went on a week-long bender.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Cut the news, keep stars in cars bleh.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What are you smoking? I skipped every star in car interview that wasnt f1 after like, season 9. The news was the best segment

Yes, but tguk now has 2 stars and no news.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It's really hard to get a sense of schadenfreude from their cars being lovely when they're just given them rather than the actors picking/being proud of them.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Having never seen Evans in anything, he was not awful for the first 30 seconds and I began to really dislike him the longer the show went on.

LeBlanc was great in the films, awful in the voiceovers/studio stuff.

Sabine was incredible, is she a host or not?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
BBC's plan was to put in someone who would be universally hated, sack him after he proves to be awful and then send in someone who will be loved for rescuing the show.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

FogHelmut posted:

This whole star in a rallycross car completely misses the point of what the reasonably priced car was.

I think it nailed it. Siarpc was boring and should be skipped, the new one is longer and even more boring so you're basically forced to skip it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Can't even get people to tune in to watch a train wreck.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

jamal posted:

Hey watch me drive this car straight down a runway while screaming!

Worked for Hammond.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Data Graham posted:

Well, according to this:

http://jalopnik.com/chris-evans-stepped-down-from-top-gear-after-police-con-1783079430

:haw: "Look at 'er, she's having the time of her life!"

Are we supposed to be surprised that the BBC would rather have a sex offender on staff than a guy who punched a dude that one time.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

IndianaZoidberg posted:

On Amazon (atleast when watching it on a computer) they have something called "X-Ray". Its basicly trivia throughout the episode about whats on screen at that moment. I didn't notice it my first go around but its just another reason to rewatch it!

They do this for movies and non Amazon tv shows as well, it's really neat.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Studio segments weren't amazing but compared to the So-Called-Top-Gear and American Top Gear it was great.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

HATECUBE posted:

wait what happened to Ben Collins?

He was never involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Preoptopus posted:

Why wouldn't you just get prime? Don't you like ordering stupid poo poo you don't need?

Prime video is only available in very select countries. The majority of the planet (including countries they're doing the studio segments in) don't even have the option to pay to watch.