Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Surely they had to know that from the beginning. Unless the Bentley fell off a truck.

“It took a while but, eventually, the Bentley arrived back in Britain, and I was very happy. But then came word from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. The Bentley had started in life as a development mule and the rules say these must be destroyed to ensure they don’t ever seep onto the market”. They knew it had to be destroyed. Clarkson was probably just hoping that he could get a waiver since they used it on the show and now there was some argument about re-purposing.

I thought it was funny that the McGuffin was a 100-million dollar treasure when I am sure they are each multi-millionaires. Clarkson is reportedly worth 44 million GBP which is already getting close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

opengl128 posted:

Yeah I’ve watched them all but it’s all just, whatever.

Bring back Rut and the boys.

I admit to not having seen very many of those episodes but it seemed like Rutledge and Faust were kind of getting angsty with each other? Which could make for good TV but they needed a different third, I think, to make it work.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Keyser_Soze posted:

The Richard Hammond Shipwrecked show is absolutely awful.

Yeah, I had hopes for a show with Hammond and Tory Belleci (Mythbusters) to be good. It's unfortunate.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Watch his cooking show if you hate cooking and eating.

I admit it didn’t make me want to cook or eat anything he made, other than the fish pie, but it was amusing.

I really did like May’s Japan travel show.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
They are internet shows about whatever that happen to have cars in them. Y'all are way overthinking this.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

SlowBloke posted:

The new Clarkson show hopefully is not going to be a dumpster fire like the hamster one

https://youtu.be/USzFmRbRQGQ

Looks good.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

It's an insight into how our food infrastructure is just a bit of mismanagement or bad weather away from being totally hosed.

Well, yes. Always has been see all the numerous devastating famines throughout history. The way that’s mitigated is with trade and being able to source stuff internationally when there are issues.

So, uh, Clarkson’s Farm is also back door anti-brexit?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

The driving through the woods piece was my favorite part. The rest of it just felt like an episode of old top gear, which is good, but I kinda expect more from The Grand Tour when we only get two episodes per year. I don't know what COVID restrictions they still have but this whole thing was very obviously filmed very quickly and almost entirely on an estate in Wales.

I'm of the opinion that they are spending a ton of time and pre-production prep under the assumption that they will get to travel to other countries and do their gags. Which keeps not happening and so they are stuck at the last minute modifying everything to work with what they got even though the jokes don't work any more.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

TheBacon posted:

Series 27 was the start of the current 3 I believe and you might check that out but I think it took a series or two for them to sort of hit stride. But I think the first episode of 27 was good.

27 and 28 are on Netflix and says new episodes are avail in Aug so I'll check em out.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Tonight on Top Gear, we find out what happens when the marketing team picks your presenters based on their glamour shots, we discuss how much starch you need for a jacket and Crocodile Dundee drives in our reasonably priced car!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

SlowBloke posted:

To be frank grand tour was running on fumes, I felt that out of the specials only carnage a trois was fun, the rest of them were rather uninspired.

I agree with you that TGT was uninspired compared to peak TG but as a counterpoint my children, who have not been exposed to 20 years of May, Hammond and Clarkson think TGT is a great show full of dumb people being idiots and they love it.

Just saying that a lot of the audience probably has really high expectations that might be a little unreasonable.