Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
This does have a reverse gear. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

I have to wonder how long tgus will last if all it does is copy old top gear challenges. It's entertaining and all, but top gear is also about car reviews.

Are any of those three real car journalists? (Covering NASCAR doesn't count.)

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

pik_d posted:

Why doesn't covering NASCAR count?

A racing journalist doesn't necessarily know how to review a road car?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
If you had to work with Richard Hammond and James May you would look like that too.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
It's funny, because Jeremy owns a organic farm.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-05-09/top-gears-jeremy-clarkson-i-love-the-idea-of-being-a-farmer

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

JPrime posted:

Watching an older episode now, when the presenters talk about getting insurance quotes, and they come back at like 2/3k pounds...is that per year? 1/2 year?

Whatever length of time it is it's pretty insane compared to insurance in the US.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Qwijib0 posted:

Other speculation is that it's Sabine Schmitz (daily mail, but this is speculation anyway)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1349967/Is-BBC-Top-Gears-new-Stig-German-racing-driver-Sabine-Schmitz.html

You may remember her from the Transit-goes-round-the-Nurburgring-in-just-over-10-minutes film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

I think Jeremy is onto something with replacing Hammond with Sabine.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Casual Yogurt posted:

Top Gear would never fake anything.

They have won awards for non-scripted tv after all!

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

fivre posted:

And Princeton Law School is very highly regarded. What's your point?

It's a joke.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

Would you really want to buy anything build to lovely modern standards that has been sitting empty for 5 years?

Hell in the USA I wouldn't touch anything built in the last 13+ years if I was looking at a single family home. I know of a certain development near me (100+ houses) that the builder put in air coniditioning and heater units that aren't designed for the square footage of the house. So you get massive bills and then your units burn out from being overworked. Then, have fun with no-name brand chinese vinyl siding that goes bad after 5 years with bonus of having your roof shingles start to curl and needing replacement as well. God knows what else is wrong with those houses as well.

That new house starts looking like a massive money pit pretty quickly.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
HoverVan was awesome. Should have used a bigger fuel cell than just 2 gallons for the lift engine.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

neckbeard posted:

I was worried that they weren't going to give as much time to the HoverVan. I was thinking they were going to try to slip in another little segment as well. Glad to be wrong, that episode was fantastic.

Hopefully they'll do something like they did with the amphibious vehicles and do a second segment with a more ridiculous challenge and fix some of the faults with the HoverVan. Actually some of my favorite segments is when they buy a car to turn it into something else. Like the van turned into a convertible, amphibious cars, the minivan race car, the BMW diesel race car, etc.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Catzilla posted:

Wow, imagine that, a British car programme, celebrating British cars...

How dare they! Who do they think they are? The BBC?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

British people love talking about Germans!

Well the British do love talking about their royalty.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Where I live in the upper midwest I can just fill up my gas tank at the pumps and then walk in and pay.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Half a billion a year makes a lot of problems go away.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
When Chris Harris made some bad comments towards Ferrari he got essentially blackballed from Ferrari press cars and could only find privately owned cars to do reviews in.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Ginny posted:

Like i admitted before, i may be completely wrong! I don´t have such an inflated ego, of course i can be mistaken.

The only thing that "bothers" me, is that your opinions sounds like you own the absolute truth, and that it´s impossible! that this whole situation, with the plate numbers, was made on purpose.

Maybe it is, taking in consideration previous actions from this show, and like we say, they just "metieron la pata" this time.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Data Graham posted:

As I said before, though... why on earth would Argentina even be on their list of possible special filming locations unless they wanted to do something provocative and headline-making? Why else go to the actual port city that was most closely involved with the war? ("World's most southerly ski resort" my rear end; that'll just be something they came up with as a figleaf once the decision to go there was made.)

It might have been a trap that was laid for them, but TG clearly wanted something to happen.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

T1g4h posted:

I dunno man, the reasoning he gave for loving the 928 in the special was pretty solid to me. I wouldn't call it irrational, that sounded legit :unsmith:

Yeah he seemed legitimately emotional about it.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

The only good post in this thread.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

meatpimp posted:

I assumed he had terrible facial hair.

InitialDave posted:

I always assumed you went to art school.

You act like those aren't mutually exclusive.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Remember when a Jalopnik (idiot) journalist crashed a brand new v6 camaro at a track day being thrown by GM at a race track?

http://jalopnik.com/i-was-the-first-person-to-publicly-crash-a-2016-chevr-1705084839

GM politely told him to go gently caress off.

Oh yeah same guy got locked up in Virginia for 3 days.

quote:

I gunned the Camaro again, rowing through the gears, and then backed off when I saw the State Trooper’s car parked beside the road. It all happened very quickly, and I’m not joking when I say that—the trooper had me going 93 mph, something instrumented testing at Road & Track says happens in only about seven seconds.

http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

When are they going to show the new ideas?

All of those left with Andy Wilman and Jeremy Clarkson.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Are just going to keep reposting the four DHL videos over and over until the show comes on?

Well they are more entertaining than the current top gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Well last week it dropped another half million viewers last week, I wonder how much it'll drop this week.