Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

Is it wrong I really want to see this episode.

It would probably be more hilarious and chaotic, since they'd assume that everything would be a cakewalk and get lulled into a false sense of security.

The problem with this special was indeed too much scripted malarky and not enough emphasis on CARS. You know? That thing the show is about?
I'd be curious to know why this special was so heavily scripted compared to others. Were the production team on more of a leash this time? Were there worries over safety? Are the gang just getting too old? It's annoying that we never really get answers to this, and I imagine most of the idiotic masses loved the poo poo out of this special and thought it was all spontaneous and crazy! (!!!!) Have we got any ratings for this special compared to others?

runwiled fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

My own crazed opinion.

Everything was planned in a way that it makes me feel they had it written out and looked over by their higher-ups in the BBC, and re planned in a way that would make the show partially appeal to its viewers while not being the usual Top Gear in a country and making a general mess out of things.

I can't help but wonder if the fact that Britain has a large south-Asian population affected this as well. Was the BBC hand-wringing about offending a prominent minority? I mean, no one in Britain gives a gently caress about Mexicans, seeing as how they are about 0 in this country.* Sadly we are not privy to the executive meetings at Broadcasting House.

*Much to our detriment. We need decent Mexican food badly. We need decent food badly.