Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Saga posted:

Lazy, feckless teachers of the Poors, how I hate you and wish you would die! (PS please send millions of pounds of your licence fee money to the usual bank account in the Cayman Islands).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/19/jeremy-clarkson-investigated-ofcom

(e: It's OK folks, I'm just "joking", except about the money of course.)

Ok no I'm sorry but if you live in such a PC, complaint driven culture that Clarkson's comments are the third most complained about show this year** then your whole country need to take a step back and question whether or not you're taking things too far.

I mean Jesus loving Christ, that's not a stat that you should be proud of. Hell, it's not even a stat that should exist.

from the linked article posted:

The media regulator has received 763 complaints about Clarkson's appearance on the show, making it the third most-complained about TV show this year, prompting an investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
If James May spent the rest of his life making Man Lab I'd be happy with that.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I just came here to post this as it's still the funniest thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_yessVux4k

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

8ender posted:

My area of Canada has no speed cameras and police officers sit up on bridges wearing high vis gear, a big goofy hat, and a tripod mounted radar making the lowest effort and most visible speed trap ever. They still manage to catch shedloads of blind (texting) motorists. Bless you OPP.

Same here except the cops have to have their beacon lights on. It's pretty great.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Enourmo posted:

"...the first turbocharged, mid-engined, V8 Ferrari."

:confused:

Pretty sure that's a V6. I'm no Ferrari expert though.

[edit] nvm, I'm an idiot. It is a V8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

azflyboy posted:

I'd gotten the impression that Top Gear was able to get away with a lot of things (being loaned supercars to do stupid things with on a very regular basis) because carmakers knew the show had a massive audience, and it had probably been airing long enough that some of the PR people at various manufacturers likely saw Top Gear as a kind of "known quantity" for advertising.

With basically the entire Top Gear creative team jumping ship to Amazon, the fact that Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche all felt comfortable enough to allow their cars to appear on a brand new show (although there's a chance they were borrowed from private owners who didn't care what the carmakers said) might be a bad sign for the BBC, since it could signal that carmakers feel more comfortable (and think there's going to be a bigger audience) with the Amazon show than a rebooted Top Gear.

Are you from reddit? This sounds like a reddit post. Retarded.