Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manny
Jun 15, 2001

Like fruitcake!

djdanno13 posted:

My favorite and first episode I ever got to watch and made me fall in love was the first amphibious car challenge.

For me it's between this and the £10k old supercars challenge. To me it almost feels like they peaked a bit with those and have been trying to get back to that in the last few series which has sometimes felt a little forced. The supercars one I've watched so many times now and it still makes me laugh - Clarkson's engine exploding all over James' Lambo or Hammond looking nervous in a bright yellow Ferrari stuck in traffic with no fuel.

Also I love Stewart Lee (who seems pretty popular these days) and think Clarkson can be a bit of a twat sometimes, but that whole strikers thing was so hilariously blown out of proportion, when in context of the interview he even says something like "to be fair and balanced for the BBC I should give an alternate view" and then said they should all be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manny
Jun 15, 2001

Like fruitcake!
I know what you're saying and I get tired of the circular arguments too (and no ones even mentioned scripting yet!) but if you don't want to read about

a) People saying they like Top Gear and why
b) People saying they don't like Top Gear and why

then it might be best to just ignore this thread as I don't think anything else is gonna come out of it :)

Edit: apart from funny gifs

To be fair, I might take my own advice on this.

Manny fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 21, 2011