Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

grover posted:

Coupay = coupe
"Coupé", meaning "cut" in French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I didn't even realize there was a new series til yesterday afternoon! Guess I should check this thread a bit more often; I'd just assumed there wouldn't be another one til the Fall for some reason.

Anyway, good to see them back!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

I wonder if the F-150 segment is the one where they nearly got stuck in Trail for a while because the weather was so poo poo. It would explain why they were there during winter...

If so, "wasteland" is an extraordinarily accurate term (though the surrounding area is quite beautiful). Although compared to Argentina, our brand of lunatic out there probably only would have attacked them if they'd had cellphones or wifi, since those cause cancer!!!

Or they'd be lured into a bigamist cult.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Holy crap those preview clips look amazing. I think James in the rally car is going to be great.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SFH1989 posted:

*Driven sideways into every curb in New England during the winter* *salt never cleaned off*

That's every Subaru.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

Marathoning TGUK before the new series has been worth it, apparently they did a 1949 challenge that I completely missed.

Yeah that was one of the best challenges ever in the world.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Pretty awesome we're getting 10 eps and the Special.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah a fun episode. Loved the license plate gag. And the Maloo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Was almost disappointed we didn't get to see the usual customization montage but that's fine.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Margot deffo had fun on that one. Loved the dam winching too.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
My highschool girlfriend's mom had a 505 wagon, and that was fun as hell to drive. Loved the tribute.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cakefool posted:

Pff, Porsche twats nothing, I'd kill for a narrow body 911. Mass murder for a singer.

Hell yeah.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Scully! :allears: she was more of a car fan than I'd expected. Also had no idea about her native accent. The rescue film was loving great :canada:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Nice combination of :stare: and :lol: at Jeremy powering on up the mountain with one tire off the wheel, after he had gone to pains to point out the spare in the bed

It would be a real pain in the rear end to change a tire in snow that deep, from the looks of it. Also lol at Clarkson "I don't do manual labour" changing a tire.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hammond got cold? :v:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zeether posted:

Replace Clarkson with Rowan Atkinson Sabine Schmidt, problem solved.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

HotCanadianChick posted:

I'd watch a Top Gear that consisted of Sabine Schmidt, Chris Harris, and James May. I think that'd be a very good motoring show.
A new challenge has been handed to the producers!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

holocaust bloopers posted:

Russell Brand is weird cuz he had a lot of sex with Katy Perry, didn't want any more sex with Katy Perry, and left her. As a hetero male, I simply cannot comprehend his decision-making process.

Thank you, Philomena! :D

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ugh, this is lame as hell. I wanted see those other challenges :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Aha

quote:

Clarkson, and co-presenters May and Richard Hammond, are due to renegotiate their contracts next month.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I wonder how a non-renewal of the tv contracts would affect the TG magazine?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Viper_3000 posted:

How dumb do you have to be as a network to not have them on staggered contracts? It looks like they can walk out of the BBC studios and down the road to Sky who has been after them for years. (Barring non-compete clauses. Are those a thing in the UK?)

Presumably the contracts were done up to have the three all on at the same time.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
S01e03: Nova Scotia-made Volvo special. (10 minutes)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
What also sucks about the cancellation of the last 3 episodes is a) it was a great series so far, and b) more episodes than the usual 6 + special we've gotten in the past years.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Judging by that charity auction rant, it seems like he's been getting tired of the show and has wanted to find a way to end it for a while explosively if necessary/possible.

The punch was his banme.

Right, but all three's contracts were due for renewal after this series anyway. It's not like he didn't have ample opportunity to say "Well, lads, after this one I'm done," and go out like a man, instead of the passve-aggressive narrative we've heard so far.

Having said that, none of us know the entire story here, and it's all very easy to speculate on what went down.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 21, 2015

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Excellent

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

I propose Top Gear: Black Adder

Atkinson, Fry, and Laurie

"I believe you'll find this new Ferrari to be rather frasmotic in the corners. But it's just the ticket for a weekend of velocitous extramuralisation."

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
What should we do with the thread, James?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"The Greatest Raid Of All" was pretty fantastic. Follow it up with "Guy Martin's Spitfire" for a truly :britain: evening.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Post the best Top Gear videos that actually reflects your inner desire to be friends with them and the deletestest scenes u got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poE2l5Kt8Ww

Ah hahaha, the vendor finding Captain Slow!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Since the lads won't do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRK1jj9t_QQ

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Yay!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

RillAkBea posted:

This is a better comparing hatchbacks video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qLZMKpWsjk

A perfect example of 3 Twits Top Gear managing to have fun with something incredibly boring.

This was one of their best segments ever.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"Dance!"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ahaha, those were excellent.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

sigtrap posted:

I lack the brains, you lack the looks...

Let's spend lots of money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hell, I wish Weekly Wipe was on so Brooker could accuse Cameron of plagiarism. :v: