Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Good to hear they're cooking up a fresh batch of Top Gear, I'd better get some clean needles...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Collateral Damage posted:

Agreed. Only a complete looney would consider the M3 the world's best car.

Obvious troll, but since you bring it up, it isn't just Clarkson -

Automotive press posted:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0909_2009_bmw_m3_arrival/
"World's single greatest car? Seriously? Yes -- the new BMW M3 is unquestionably a contender."
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2008-bmw-m3-long-term-road-test
"Based on our experience, the current M3 is the world’s all-around best car for the money"

The list of awards and accolades goes on, with it being put ahead of cars like the RS5, CTS-V and C63.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I liked that Le Blanc knew the rollcage would stiffen up the car.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

mod sassinator posted:

I can just hear James whining in this pic "But I want to go into the factory and look at all the machines!!"

What did they photoshop out of this picture by the red car?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

ColHannibal posted:

What about that dude on the right side of the gap where you see the car being made of a perfectly straight line?

And the cut off Chinese text..?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Having done Chumpcar and Lemons in the states I strongly agree with the trio this week. Golf to me is the ultimate symbol of middle/upper class tedium and my workmates in America were all golfers. I was "that crazy guy who races cars" in the group, when really it was track days with my M3 and events not unlike the UK rallycross.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

InitialDave posted:

The BBC used to stand for something. This never would have happened when Noel Edmonds presented Top Gear!

Who? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

dreesemonkey posted:

UK rallycross looks absolutely awesome. Chumpcar/Lemons is the best we have over here? They both seem like paved, endurance races which isn't nearly as appealing to me.

I think it's huge fun, at least during Chumpcar you have the time to really get to know the track and the line. Once you've got that figured out you start figuring who you can pass etc.