Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobTheFerret
Nov 10, 2003
Angry for coins
I agree that the Indian embassy need to stop being such weenies - the show is known to make some low-brow jokes about non-Britons in the world. That said, they really don't need to rely on those jokes for laughs as much as they do - there's plenty of good things to say about India (Mexico...it's a little harder, what with the cartels and lawlessness. But you could at least say something good about the food - it's generally fantastic), and I think if they had used a more exciting script but balanced it out with some love for India, it would have been a much better special.

As well, more driving shenanigans would, imo, be more entertaining than the garden party with the Indian elite. There wasn't really anything terribly redeeming about that to me, just a whole lot of cringe-inducing moments.

Jeremy really needs to tone down his politics a bit on the show - the occasional comment about poor folks can be amusing (it would be funnier if he didn't seem to genuinely think that the rich are Better than the poor), but at this point "right wing rear end in a top hat" is his entire persona.

To wit, the last line of that Guardian article:

quote:

The BBC is also facing an investigation by Ofcom over Clarkson's recent rant onThe One Show, which led to the corporation receive 32,000 complaints about his comment that public sector workers who went on strike should be "executed in front of their families".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU