Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I still havent watched the last episode of "Top gear". Is it worth watching?

Last week's Top Gear US? It was really good by TGUS standards - they enter a car in LeMons and Tanner drives a Koenigsegg One:1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Scottw330 posted:

drat, you all are harsh on Evans. I thought the first episode was decent! It would never compare to Clarkson/Hammond/May, but I was definitely entertained and I'll watch again.

Maybe it's because I had never heard of Evans before, so maybe he comes with a reputation I'm unaware of.

Are you serious or just trolling? If you're serious then I gotta know what about Evans' presentation you actually enjoyed.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Just got around to watching this week's Top Gear USA episode and I gotta say, it was one of their best episodes yet. Really captured the 'ambitious but rubbish' spirit. Central challenge was finding a replacement vehicle for the US Postal Service with Rut using a Honda Element, Adam using a Lincoln hearse, and Tanner using a Mitsu 3000GT VR4 with a matching trailer. The 'Tanner drives a fast car' segment was him in a new Mustang GT350 racing against a bicycle courier; visually was really good but the sound mixing had Tanner praising the engine noise louder than the engine itself

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

no F12tdf power lap :(

Episode was quite an improvement over the first two

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

In other good news, more longer Harris videos

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/chris-harris-coming-topgearcom

quote:

“Obviously I’m thrilled to be making beautiful films like the F12tdf piece for the Top Gear television show,” says Chris, “but the longer-form, more detailed web films I’ve made with Neil Carey over the years remain my natural format, and broadcasting them through TG’s huge online audience is a dream come true.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This Top Gear US was fantastic. Foust hooning around with that trailer demolishing everything had me laughing so hard.

It was a lot like the Ambulance episode that UKTG did but it didnt feel like it was ripping them off. Rut mentioning that he used to own a Honda Element was one of the least surprising things ever too.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

If Jordan wants to defend Evans based on the performance he's seen from Evans in upcoming Top Gear footage that hasn't aired yet that's fine. But it seems like the majority of the criticism towards Evans has been that he's a spastic, shouty, panderer, which seems quite fair and justified.

Caught the most recent Top Gear US, thought it was a bit of a miss. Concept sounded ok on paper; "500ish HP AWD convertibles in the winter" but the execution of the challenges just fell flat, especially the final rodeo challenge. Episode 10 looks really promising "Tanner, Adam and Rutledge head to Cuba, where they test and modify three classic American cars; the guys attempt to make history by competing in a government-sanctioned drag race." Really hope that one isn't a let-down

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Yeah, definite improvement and I hope they stick with the review format of Harris with the supercars and Reid with the more regular vehicle reviews.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

Evans was very pleased at how clever his naughty lap time board addition was.

I mean just doing it and unfolding the flap would have been perfect as is, but he then had to try to milk the crowd a bit more. And it immediately fell flat.

And they didn't carry over the previous naughty laps like Schumacher's FXX or the Caparo T1 felt a bit odd

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Top Gear US was pretty good this week, but drat, the way that History Channel keeps doing the pre/post commercial clips is terrible; spoiled who won the challenge

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Tide posted:

Easily one of the best episodes ever.

I puckered so hard when they bumped into the brick of the house at the end.

That and Richard Hammond Rescue in Canada with the Velociraptor and GMC 2500HD are easily two of my favorites. And Hammond strapped to the top of acrobatic airplane.

seconding this - series 22 episode 5 - It also features Hammond with the new Cayman and Corvette as well as May with the Ferrari La Ferrari

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

gently caress, that really sucks, this season has been really good. Hopefully another network can pick it up

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

The only problem with Velocity would be the potential for creative control being compromised due to network pressure from sponsors/advertisers being mainly car companies

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Chris Harris Drives launches on topgear.com this week

http://www.topgear.com/videos/chris-harris-coming-topgearcom

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

The cinematography for the Mustang review was spectacularly beautiful. I'd put that on there on par (or even better) than the V12 Vantage review

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

The Stig's African cousin passed away
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36823937

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Those slow motion shots on Jeremy's car were just beautiful

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

I get that they wanted the Aston to come off sounding better than the Merc, but felt like cheating to use the S63 instead of the turbo V12 powered S65 AMG coupe

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

There is no "turbo lag" in it, there's just lack of boost if you let the RPMs drop too low. If you want instant throttle response, stay in a lower gear to keep the revs up.

So there's turbo lag then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

I love how this season is just ripping on Hammond for his crash