Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Really if there is any car that denotes Britishness anyways it would be the Austin 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I've really enjoyed jerry Seinfeld coffee and cars series too. The episode with Louis ck is especially funny

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Actually I think the last show* to do budget endurance racing was roadkill.

*yeah yeah its not on tv whatever

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Well in his defense, it used to be a white shirt. Used to. ....

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

So speaking of, when does TGT start?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

DiggityDoink posted:

Two things. First does anyone else feel like Hammond just finished playing a pirate in some play right before this picture was taken? And second someone should probably make a Grand Tour thread soon.

Why? It's not like the two shows will overlap in seasons and it's basically the Jeremy Clarkson thread anyways. ...

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Not to mention that new top gear is so bad that no one is really going to keep watching anyway.

Or if it'll even be around.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

So is someone making a new thread or what

Why? It's been the Jeremy Clarkson/James may thread for the past year. Why change now?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

So freaking awesome. It's great to have top gear I mean, grand tour back. Also I think the celebrity bit was to say that it's not a segment coming back. The timing was too impeccable. As soon as they mentioned it I was all "Ah gently caress, really? Better get ready to fast forward " and I'm so glad I didn't. The only thing I didn't like is the American continuing to talk after the greased string line. Give him one phase to say and then shut him up.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I think the most telling comparison is that after two episodes most people are still willing to watch more grand tour to see where it's going and if it'll get better. How many said that after two episodes of new new top gear?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Delivery McGee posted:

Which one? I haven't seen it and I'm broke and already burned my Prime free trial. :saddowns: But yay, fellow lefty! Also, nah, it's fine he got the terminology wrong, he's British, probably the first time he's seen one. :v:

It was Jeremy, and actually he got the terminology right. It was a select fire (fully automatic) rifle. Otherwise known as an assault rifle. Assault weapon is the word that is completely made up by gun control groups and is used to describe "gun that looks scary".

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

InitialDave posted:

I think his point was that the shorter barrel makes it a carbine.

Assault rifle denotes the functions of the rifle (select fire). Carbine denotes the physical properties (shorter barrel). The gun can be called a rifle, carbine, or assault rifle. However not all rifles are carbines and certainly not all guns assault rifles. It's just different names for different properties of the same gun. Hopefully this makes it clear as mud.

Anyway does anyone else think like me that the reason there are not more films taking place in the host country is because they are filming those segments after they film the tent segment?

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 28, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

And then after the applause tell Renner oh sorry the producer just cancelled this segment to pursue other creative outlets but thanks so much for your hard work goodbye now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I got a laugh when James looked in the camera while driving the p3. It was a look of absolute joy and sheer terror at the same time.