Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Please TG, drop the SIARPC segment already. Should've been done 10 series ago. Swap it with 10 minutes of James May teaching you how to do basic mechanical work or something. Even a still shot of him drinking tea would be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No way. Clarkson will want the Viper. He fell in love with the ZR1 in the previous American special. The Viper is a car synonymous with simple, brute force power. Clarkson laps that stuff up.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh sorry didn't click on any of those tweets. I'm very surprised by that. Those cars seem perfect for the

Clarkson/Viper - Bombastic
May/Aston - British and refined
Hammond/Lexus - Boring

pairing

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Clarkson's car might be the funniest segment of Top Gear ever.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
next you guys will be telling me top gear is scripted :eek:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hmmm I dunno. I've found this series so far to be kinda soulless. Maybe it's because the guys are getting older. The premise of this episode was interesting but the whole thing fell flat to me; same with the USA special last week.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Who cares how they bought the car or what the price was. It's a scripted entertainment show.

Great episode. As a lifelong Subaru nerd, Hammond's little bugeye warmed my heart.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All the people who say "Top Gear needs to be more about real cars"... please no. That hot hatch comparison at the start was awfully boring.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I want Top Gear to become nothing but hour long specials of them building a race car, taking trips around the world, comparing 3 junk heaps etc rather than multiple separate segments.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I guess? Never watched the US version.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When they knocked the guy into the water I had tears pouring down my face. The Hovervan segment was absolutely hilarious.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's a stupid toy for stupid rich people right now, but anyone who is even remotely interested in automobiles knows halo cars can breed innovation for future lineups.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I find it a bit poetic that some of those who will buy the electric SLS will undoubtedly do so with oil money.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All I could think after seeing the RR factory in that last segment was "drat, Rolls are so loving cool".

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Get Oz Clarke to join them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWZLIUaQ5fU&t=271

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Faisal Binladen should bankroll a new show.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheDarkFlame posted:

Yes, and uh, given the facts, gently caress these people. The stress of long filmshoots, the power of showbiz, the influence of alcohol, being a grumpy child, whatever your excuse, there's no reason to punch someone. It's one thing to play a belligerent arsehole on TV, it's entirely different to resort to physical violence, and there should be no doubt about his actions being unacceptable. Clarkson's had enough chances to not be poo poo, and this crosses an entirely new line for him. An entire bingo card of offensiveness and stupidity, and now a punchup? Over some food? Yes, people will support Clarkson because of his personality and fame. And these people need to take another look at what's happened, and then go gently caress themselves.

Oh, and as an afterthought, doublefuck the people holding the producer responsible and giving him grief over it. He has it bad enough already, without being labelled as The Guy Who Killed Top Gear, without having to worry about the possibility of his entire livelihood collapsing, without taking the blame for someone else attacking him. I hope even people who admire Clarkson can say that blaming and hounding Oisin is just not on.

Yep. Equally ridiculous are grown rear end men in this thread using "SJW". It's a triumvirate of embarrassment.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Symphoric posted:

I suspect a year or so from now that production team is going to be longing for the days when Jeremy Clarkson used to punch them once in a while. I know the internet has made everyone under the age of forty painfully sheltered, but in the real world people do emotional things and punches get thrown and for the most part it gets smoothed over with an apology and a handshake and then life goes on.

I really have to wonder how many people ITT hold a steady job. In the real world with a real job, if you punch one of your co-workers, you will get fired and probably have criminal charges brought against you. I honestly can't believe people are rationalizing a grown man berating and punching someone because there wasn't a meal waiting for him at a hotel.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

So the BBC is closing? gently caress, someone get Clarkson on the phone!

Car show host leaves, 100 year run of BBC to immediately cease

#justgoonthings

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This thread is Reddit.

^

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone think that perhaps it wasn't the Tumblr posters that led to Clarkson's downfall and the subsequent collapse of the BBC... but instead it was the Jew Run Liberal Media?!?!

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If it wasn't Tumblr, SJWs, the Jews, or the Liberal Media... maybe it was the Illuminati that fired him :eek:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Boy this thread sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't sure if you'd be able to do it meatpimp, but I'm proud to announce you have once again won the "Worst AI Poster of the Year" award for the 6th year in a row. Congrats.