Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Philip J Fry posted:

Probably when Katy Perry's tits were flopping all over while singing a song with Elmo. It didn't make it to air.

I'm struggling to remember when exactly it was in the late 90's or early 00's when people were suddenly granted the right to not be offended by something they had direct control over seeing or hearing. Especially poo poo they'd otherwise never have known about had it not been for the media making a big scene. I remember a big backlash over 'the name that rhymes with a female body part' on Seinfeld. All they said was 'Dolores'!

This isn't something new, if your audience is large enough there will literally be at least one person who complains about something and if you're lucky, only one. The news format has changed where little stories like this seem more pervasive. The only reason this is a news article in any way is because an Indian government official sent a letter, and the only reason anyone is actually reading about it is because of the internet news format. Think about it this way, Justin Bieber received several thousand complaints about slightly changing his hairstyle. Even CNN put that story on their front page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

You dont want to. My ears are still bleeding from the "music" that craptacular "band" produce. It is some of the utter worse bile to be vomited up by some producer with computers in the last 20 years and that includes all the latest PYT's that have nothing other than bouncing boobs for talent.

This is a man who takes Fergie and uses her as the very definition of talentless boob bouncer and screeching harpie, while completely ignoring she can do this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmTf31MAe8

gently caress him and his deadshit "band"

So I take it you've never actually listened to any BEP because she literally sings like that in a good 80% of their tracks? Also consistently wears more clothes than that video in the BEP videos? Reading this thread made it seem like Will.i.am sat there pretending to care but his interiew was pretty interesting, I'd say it was just average at worst.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 30, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

I take it you are tone deaf?

I take it you've taken all of your BEP impressions from 'I gotta feeling' and 'Imma be'?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
NASCAR races are great to watch. They're like the Top Fuel dragster little brother races, the cars are extremely loud and you can feel them coming by. They also come flying by every 30 seconds or so and are really cool to see in person vs. a panning tv, especially while drunk.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

ColHannibal posted:

What about that dude on the right side of the gap where you see the car being made of a perfectly straight line?

Its not perfectly straight, but the man obviously suffers from flat rear end syndrome and you know that cameras make your rear end look about 10lbs flatter.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Why were the lights on the ff flashing? It wasn't just the slo-mo shots or I would have thought it was pwm brightness controls.

Also, I'm in literal awe of the ferrari 4wd system, pointless, expensive & complicated but somehow amazing.

LEDs pulse to control their brightness, it shows up even in non-slow mo.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Did anyone read what I wrote? :psyduck:

Eh, I thought it just sounded weird without the first half.

ColHannibal posted:

It's just hazard lights when accelerating or braking past a certain rate right? Not some fancy science dick waving explanation.

Nope, in this case it's an optical illusion i.e. the exact same fancy 30th century Dickwave science that they use to make cars on tv move forwards while their wheels spin backwards.

Sormus posted:

I agree, if it was hazard flashing when hard breaking they would be more evenly timed and not as rapid. Also not sure if they should flash when "parked":

Yea, if it was hazards both the right and left headlight would shut off at the same time and remain off for a little bit. Also I think hazards are required to be yellow blinkers up front.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 22, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

kylej posted:

next you guys will be telling me top gear is scripted :eek:

I think it was mostly that the dragons den part felt a bit up its own rear end and was too sketch comedy show. Jeremy talking about how all the train companies in London snubbed top gear so hes taking a bus is funnier to me.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

grover posted:

hahahaha, I love the "55mph" edits.

I also like how everytime they're showing the car tach sweep, if you can partially see the speedo the car is accelerating from 30 or 40ish up to 55mph. Except once when it shows 70.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

I'm surprised they aren't having Hammond review the GT500. Maybe they're afraid it would just be 20 minutes of him squealing like a school girl.

He already reviewed the GT500 back in like 2007, they tend to not have the same person review the car twice back to back (Ariel atom, Mclaren SLR for example)

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

sigtrap posted:

It was my understanding that all American cars are equipped with burger warmers, is true yes?

They're called headers.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Can anyone ID that song that was playing when James May was first introducing the Singer 911?

It's the soundtrack to something, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

It's "Time" from Inception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

bolind posted:

Did the Cayman really have glowing red front brake discs during the lap?

Yea, I think most cars they put around the track with carbon ceramics have shots of the rotors glowing. The brakes are designed to operate at high temps and due to their low mass, get up to temp pretty quickly.