Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

MrChips posted:

I don't think you understand the mentality of India very well. Doing that would literally get them torn to pieces by an angry mob, depending on where they are.

And that would have made for much better entertainment. Kind of like what they did when they drove through the south in the USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
I can't wait for the Chinese Stig.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Hah, proof this show is scripted!

But I still love it.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
If you don't watch it in order, from the beginning you may miss out on a lot of subtleties as well as the knowledge of a black stig that existed at one time. Also, Top Gear has Series, not Seasons. I genuinely found it funny in S16E5 when they ran around Norway and lit the town on fire in their snow removal combine.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
My DVR Reminded me that Top Gear USA has started back. Interesting episode so far.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Two Finger posted:

So.... is USA worth watching then?

As if we have an alternative. Ohh that's right we do. And its called Motorweek.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

The Caprice looked terribly boring, I thought that thing was significantly faster in its Holden version.

14.something sounds about right for the car. The L76 equipped G8 only runs the quarter in 13.7 - 13.8 seconds. And the caprice is based off the longer wheel base platform. So with the added weight and 6 less hp (they added 2 more cats) I would say that's spot on.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

They better be more than one season of TGUK next year. :colbert:

They don't have seasons, only series.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
I loved when the p45 ran out of battery and Jeremy had to fire up the motor and jetted for the door. Granted the best skit with a horrible car will probably always be the robin.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
My 4 year old son was watching it with me. While he didn't understand everything that was going on he died laughing at Richard throwing the knife at his wooden co presenters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

neckbeard posted:

Remember when everyone thought this was their farewell piece? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0Svvdrx_E

I do remember this and I felt like it was the end as well. As far as last night I watched it with a heavy heart. But I still found myself laughing at some of the bits, especially hammond on the plane.

_firehawk fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 29, 2015