Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Data Graham posted:

Well, according to this:

http://jalopnik.com/chris-evans-stepped-down-from-top-gear-after-police-con-1783079430

:haw: "Look at 'er, she's having the time of her life!"

Oh for fucks sake, in the office? He must know where the bodies are buried at the BBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

spog posted:

Evans may be a twat, but at least he is a competent presenter.

A competent presenter doesnt make you want to hurl a puppy through the TV

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

drgitlin posted:

BBC America are giving Chris Harris his own show (which won't be broadcast in the UK): https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jul/08/top-gear-chris-harris-youtube-bbc-america?CMP=share_btn_tw

Chris Harris having the resoruces of the BBC behind him is in all honesty the best thing to happen with Top Gear in... well.... ever? You want to review cars? He's the best at it. Want big lurid powerslides? He's drat good at it. Driving an exotic on country roads? He's right up there.

Sackign Evans and resourcing Harris is a good week

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Did those people include police investigations?

The police investigated so they knew how to help with the coverup.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Wheeee posted:

Only if he stays in character as Mr. Bean the entire time.

BlackAdder or GTFO

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

No one with an ounce of sense gives a flying gently caress how he dresses.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqG4ysu2ksU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

GOOD NEWS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0lkrtYvVs

What could possibly go wrong?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sterling Archer is the best Not-Bond

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

We're in Australia... Its going to be the " The Grand Your-watching-this-on-a-torrent tour" because of reasons that noone can comprehend we cant get amazon prime video.

Q2 from what I've read. Yep, not loving good enough and of course it's going to be :filez:

FFS, when are content deliverers going to loving get it? Look at Netflix, we're happy to loving pay if you give us the chance!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Hooooly poo poo how much money did they spend on the first five minutes alone??????

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

NASCAR on an oval is loving ridiculously awful pure shitstain form of "racing" that needs to die in the dumpster fire it truly is. It is everything wrong with motorsport

NASCAR on a road course is loving ridiculously awesome pure hilarity form of proper racing that needs to be expanded out as you don't need to be off your face drunk to enjoy and is everything right about motorsport

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

No. Just no.

Barry Humphries needs to be set on fire and shot into the loving sun. His shtick was old thirty years when I first saw it and hasn't changed since.

Plus it turns out Barry Humphries is a proper Tory oval office.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Best fish n chips in the world are in Edinburgh, though.

LOL No. South Coast NSW, where they basically catch the fish and slam it on the grill still wiggling, it's that fresh.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

HotCanadianChick posted:

But if you insist in getting fish and chips from a chip shop not in the UK, there is at least one city in the US with a couple places that serve passable baskets:

The truth is that the UK does terrible fish and chips. As already claimed, coastal NSW blows that pathetic soggy mass away and I can well believe the USA have plenty of places that poo poo on the "best" the UK has on offer.

The fish and chips in the UK may suck but the bangers and mash doesnt. That's genuinely good.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

Top Gear still exists, and has new hosts

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/welcome-your-new-top-gear-presenters

Chris Harris, Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff.

So Chris Harris and some game show hosts.

You mean Chris Harris, someone who is a literal ? and one of the biggest cunts to play cricket, which is a big statement - given cricket is a game where 11 cheating cunts play 11 obnoxious cunts, all the while trying to con the umpire who is a deaf and blind oval office

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

pik_d posted:

I'm confused as gently caress man:wtc:

Chris Harris
Second guy A literal ? Noone has heard of
Third Freddy Flintoff well known cricketer who even for cricket players is a collossal asshat

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CornHolio posted:

It must feel awful to not be able to just enjoy the show.

When you have seen the same jokes a dozen times and not even done particularly well yeah it is somewhat hard to just enjoy the show. Most the Columbian special felt like "havent I seen this poo poo before? And it was done better last time?"

And weren't the "LOL Wranglers for gay people" just a little bit on the nose, especially over and over and over again? It's the first special I've turned off because it was boring. Does it get interesting in part 2? I dont know because I just cant bring myself to care.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CornHolio posted:

I dunno man, I was laughing pretty hard and enjoying it for what it was - an entertaining show with cars and silly people. If you're looking for some cutting edge sophisticated humor or a departure from what they've been doing for sixteen years successfully, maybe the show just isn't for you.

Go watch Serious Shows for Serious People, I guess. Us less sophisticated types will take our low brow humor with old men falling down and making inappropriate jokes.

You know, if there is one thing I've always found interesting is no matter how well you put a critique of a show and how it is, someone will just reply like this, despite it being as boring, unoriginal and repeating as Hammond reversing into May's car.

You most certainly can have silly antics without repeating same antics. And you most certainly can have innappropriate jokes without replying the same sad tired LOL GAY joke that wasn't funny ten years ago.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

Considering per your opinion it's all sad and tired and boring and unoriginal content, that's from what I know repeating for years, it's sure interesting that you've stuck around.

"I dont have much to do, I haven't watched TGT much at all, lets see if...... oh"

Sorry you don't like people having opinions.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Finished Clarkson's Farm the other day, having quite enjoyed it. For some reason I decided to Google up some reviews to see other reactions, and at the top was this weird one:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/11/clarksons-farm-review-jeremy-the-ignoramus-rides-again

Which I assume was made without actually watching the show. I mean I know it's the Guardian, but still. Being a professional wet blanket seems to be a lucrative career move in the UK.

That same critic wrote this tub of liquid poo poo as a review of Chernobyl

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/07/chernobyl-review-chaos-reigns-in-confusing-nuclear-disaster-epic

So I'm actually going to presume Clarkson's Farm is very god and I should go watch it because if a reviewer is smack talking on Chernobyl - literally one of best miniseries to have ever come out and so good it is legitimately hard to be critical of - then they are one of those opposite of reality critics that should never be allowed near a computer keyboard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Ah, the use of untranslated French phrases. Either a sign you're an academic from the 1890s, or you're a pretentious rear end.

I mean I know it's the Guardian, but is the rest of the paper this terrible?

News section is better than most but dear god the commentary columns are just loving awful........ and yeah a bunch of TERF crap to boot which given how left the Guardian likes to think of itself is incredible they let that shite be printed.

Here is an actual honest review of Clarkson's Farm Ep 1.

It starts out as another ripoff of Top Gear / Grand Tour then morphs into a very good show that stands on it's own with it's own tone that portrays farming life very well - I didnt expect Clarkson to convey the misery that farmers worse off than him would have experienced in the end of 2019 so well. For extended periods of the episode they drop off the script and it is just telling it how it is - it's a complex, harsh unforgving lifestyle that when nature decides to gently caress you up, you just get to sit there and take it and lose gob loads of money.

I can only conclude the reviewer was not intending for one second to even try to give this show an honest review. And Kaleb is an unexpected gem in this show.

Real rating 4.25/5 stars for Ep 1. FFS how the hell anyone can give this an honest one star appraisal is beyond me

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Oh dear god, this was brilliant

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

pik_d posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm used to the stuff on Youtube just being clips of the show, that was cool to have extra content. Now I'm imagining Clarkson and Hammond cramming themselves in the Crosley

There's actually been a fair bit of content outside of Amazon on Youtube of esp Hammond and May that is very good. May is May and Hammond becomes so much less idiot.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/former-cricketer-andrew-flintoff-gets-17m-payout-for-top-gear-accident-20231014-p5ec7l.html

Well the BBC has to find a load of money for Flintoff so I wouldnt be surprised given thats two presenters that got messed up TG is done

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

So one guy that actually knows poo poo about cars with a immense proven record of being a popular host and some really good offbrand stuff and two ..... who the gently caress are they?

BBC should have picked off at least one other Aust car yooootooober. Like ... Oh how about Dank Pods/Garbage Time? Ben Neal / BCM? There's afew running around that would be worth a shot

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

TGT ending isnt a surprise, Clarkson is fat, unfit and got a another hit show to go to, Hammond seems more he wants to restore cars and James May got any number of quirky projects we'll all love to watch to do.

Whatever Amazon paid for the trio, I think they got their money's worth, esp with Clarkson's Farm taking off so unexpectedly like it has

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

azflyboy posted:

I'm gonna assume that any discussions Amazon was having about extending Clarkson, Hammond and May's TGT run came to a pretty abrupt end after Clarkson wrote that column about Meghan Markle last December.

Amazon didnt care one second for what Clarkson said about Meghan Windsor, else they wouldn't have gone full tilt with Clarkson's Farm, which is one of the biggest shows they have now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

If they are doing a gimmick ending, then it'll be The Italian Job.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The blatantly scripted hijinks sucked. The Oh hey look at this cool place! very much didn't.

There are a few youtube videos about that train that are amazing and well worth finding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Clarkson's Farm seemed like they were going to try to do "Top Gear but in the country!" and then accidently stumbled into something so much better.